Photo
- - - - -

I R A N

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the U.S. going to invade Iran

Is the U.S. going to invade Iran

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

they may not be weakened iraq, you're right. but they still lack the capability to do much resisting. They have strong air defence capability, but these can be taken care of by missiles.
actually these do not need to be taken care of. All the U.S. wil do is launch a few missiles in irans nuclear sites and then start it's guardianship of israel

Edited by hytga, 14 April 2006 - 05:53 PM.

#22 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(hytga @ Apr 14 2006, 07:44 PM) View Post
Eh. The torpedoes you're reffering to are said to be copies of russian models. In any case it doesn't matter if they're copies, but i doubht they'll ever use them against U.S. ships.
Reason #1. I don't think this will escalate into war.
Reason #2. Even if it does. The U.S. has learned it's lesson about occupation. It will be mostly air strikes.
Reason #3. if and when the U.S. decides to resort to military action, it will first make sure it's ships are protected. By either fitting them with the kind of missiles that hit other missiles, or by a surprise bombardment military targets before they bring their ships closer.

besides. Do you think the secret iranian weapons could come anywhere near to what the U.S. has?

In any case, my feeling is that iranians are bluffing, taking their chances for now, hoping the talks will prolong longer as they have so far. Until they can come up with a viable nuke that could strike israel and guarantee their security. But this will end with iraninans complying i think.

This is a question of being overwelmed. The US will be having a shortage of soldiers, they don't have enough man to attack everyone, air strikes have limits and they do need their air craft carriers, while they occupy Irak, it has a large common frontier and the Iranian army may well decide to invade Irak and attack the US army there, or easier, they could only lunch missles against US positions in Irak or in the adjacent countries.

The US knew during the first Golf war the Iraqi capacities, because of the equipments they sold or others have sold, we don't know everything the Iranians possess.

#23 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(hytga @ Apr 14 2006, 07:51 PM) View Post
they may not be weakened iraq, you're right. but they still lack the capability to do much resisting. They have strong air defence capability, but these can be taken care of by missiles.
actually these do not need to be taken care of. All the U.S. wil do is launch a few missiles in irans nuclear sites and then start it's guardianship of israel

Dude, there are countless numbers of US soldiers stationed on Iraq, the Iranians have only to fire bunch of missles there killing hundreds of them, and let see what happens of the US administration.

#24 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

Dude, there are countless numbers of US soldiers stationed on Iraq, the Iranians have only to fire bunch of missles there killing hundreds of them, and let see what happens of the US administration.
that's why i doubt there's going to be a war. (not any time soon at least). Not until they're out of iraq and are able to commit to new war.

#25 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(hytga @ Apr 14 2006, 09:09 PM) View Post
that's why i doubt there's going to be a war. (not any time soon at least). Not until they're out of iraq and are able to commit to new war.

If there is a war, Armenia will really suffer. The US will be using Azeri soil to attack an Armenia ally, scrapping the Iranian pipline project and bring the US closer to Azerbaijan and then later Azerbaijan could attack Karabakh without being bothered. I fact, Azerbaijan is probably wishing for such a war to weaken Iran and help their brother in Northern Iran requesting autonomy the same way the Irqi Kurds will soon have.

#26 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

I think that's a little extreme view. Although i hope that not how things turn out. In any case they'll not be invading from azerbaijan. They've learned their lesson about occupaiton. But if they do resort to military airstrikes from azerbaijan, it would jeopardize the baku cheihan or any other pipeline from azerbaijan, just as it would jeopardize the gas pipeline.

#27 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:41 AM

seems like the drums of war are starting to beat again.

Is the U.S. going to go to war against Iran IYO?

#28 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:50 AM

There is absolutely no way. Unless Iran does something really stupid like pull a 9/11 caliber stunt to send the American public running around like headless chickens (similar to the actual 9/11), there is no way the US is going to take military action against Iran.

#29 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(armjan @ Apr 17 2006, 11:41 PM) View Post
seems like the drums of war are starting to beat again.

Is the U.S. going to go to war against Iran IYO?

sadly i think so, not a total war but probbly major military strikes using new nuclear weppons US wants to test

there are very hard time ahead in comming years and its not ending with Iran, Seryia is next, Lebanon, and arabian penisila

#30 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:09 AM

Abassi: Iran Trained 40 Thousand Suicide Bombers Ready to Hit US and UK
17.04.2006 23:47 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail In Russian In Armenian
/PanARMENIAN.Net/ A 40-thousand battalion of suicide bombers ready to hit targets in the US and UK has been formed in Iran, head of Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Hassan Abbassi stated. As reported by AP, the audio with Abbassi’s statement was conveyed to British journalists.

Meanwhile UK Prime Minister John Blaire stated that London will not support the US in war against Iran. The UK can support to diplomatic measures for normalization of the situation.

#31 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

Armjan if you don;t mind i like to merge 2 topics

http://hyeforum.com/...pic=13737&st=25

#32 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:23 AM

#33 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:01 AM

PENTAGON CALLED REPORTS ON US INVASION OF IRAN SOON 'ABSURD SPECULATIONS'

Pentagon called reports on forthcoming US invasion of Iran “absurd speculations,” US military department’s official representative Bryan Whitman stated at a briefing in Pentagon.

“Like the international community the US President chose diplomacy as a preferred approach to stop Iran’s nuclear programs,” Bryan Whitman said.

At the same time Bryan Whitman did not fully deny the US has plans of military operations in the region. “No one will believe Pentagon does not have plans for all types of potential military developments, including those in Iran,” Whitman said. He remarked, Pentagon forms plans based on any development of the situation, RIA Novosti reports.

#34 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:25 PM

Excuse the obviousness:

Iran is not Iraq.

I do not see the possibility of an American air-strike anytime soon, but rather a sabotage of the IRI from within.

#35 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

Iran is no problem smile.gif but The GW is smile.gif his one trigger happy SOB

#36 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Apr 19 2006, 03:23 PM) View Post
Iran is no problem smile.gif but The GW is smile.gif his one trigger happy SOB

is or not, he just an idiot, soon before his second trem is up those nazies will see that they attack iran, irag started this way, oh noooo diplomacy we want diplomacy first (but we keep all our options open)

not only me but far smarter washington insiders have called this monkey the WORST PRESEDINT EVER, what good has he done for US or for World? NOTHING obsolutly nothing but make his daddy richer.

when in 1973 arab inbargo of oil, Nixon imposed price control on oil, why this idiot not doing the same?
oil is above 3$ a gallon, soon willl be 4 and he along with DICK cant be more happy about it

listen to this, exxon/mobil ceo retires and along with his salary which he got over the years, he got a retierment packedge of 400 million$ and company make more profit then ever, not to mantion halliberton who overcharges goverment on hourly bases and no independent commisiion has the guts to invastigate why or make them acountable for it.

9/11 my ass, if not involved thiose voulchers saw the opertunity and are cashing in BIG time

every time i look at this idiot presedent i get nervios, anrgry, frustreted...............why is this guy a presedent? he should have a job as a bozzo in a circus

#37 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Apr 19 2006, 04:21 PM) View Post
listen to this, exxon/mobil ceo retires and along with his salary which he got over the years, he got a retierment packedge of 400 million$ and company make more profit then ever, not to mantion halliberton who overcharges goverment on hourly bases and no independent commisiion has the guts to invastigate why or make them acountable for it.

God bless him for negotiating a deal like that. Whats wrong with getting 400, 500 milion or even a billion dollars if you did your job?

Is it their fault that we all sit in our cars alone and drive 40 miles to work each way?

#38 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Azat @ Apr 19 2006, 05:46 PM) View Post
God bless him for negotiating a deal like that. Whats wrong with getting 400, 500 milion or even a billion dollars if you did your job?

Is it their fault that we all sit in our cars alone and drive 40 miles to work each way?

and God bless US of A, the melfunctioning corporation
I dont know, one might of done the same, we are greedy creatures, especialy US makes them like so, but still something is wrong with the picture, soon you and I will pay $4 for gallon, and thats not the end of it, wile detriot is in hibernation japanise are already taking over car (hybread) market

how much exxon invested in reserch for this technology? and how much did this goverment did? war cost is over 500 BILLION and growing, trade gap is widnening with china, soon there will be chinise SUVs here, made by china, invested by americans

what I'm saying is, no senace of a vission for future for this goverment, and big corporations are givin a tax breaks along with freedom to screew you and me.

#39 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:53 PM

what I'm saying is, no senace of a vission for future for this goverment, and big corporations are givin a tax breaks along with freedom to screew you and me.

No one will argue here...

#40 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Apr 19 2006, 06:54 PM) View Post
and God bless US of A, the melfunctioning corporation
I dont know, one might of done the same, we are greedy creatures, especialy US makes them like so, but still something is wrong with the picture, soon you and I will pay $4 for gallon, and thats not the end of it, wile detriot is in hibernation japanise are already taking over car (hybread) market

how much exxon invested in reserch for this technology? and how much did this goverment did? war cost is over 500 BILLION and growing, trade gap is widnening with china, soon there will be chinise SUVs here, made by china, invested by americans

I agree with some of the points that you are making and each time I go to the gas station and end up paying 50+ dollars to fill up my small 4 cylinder car it misses me off too, but its not Exxon to be blamed nor is it their responsibility to spend a penny of their money to research alternative fuel vehicles. They are a huge cash cow now, but the years when oil was 8 or 10 or 15 or even 20 dollars a barrel and when they were loosing money I dont think any of us were sitting in front of the PC saying "Gosh maybe I should send money to Exxon"

And if the Japanese do a great job with the hybrid(the cars out there suck as the mileage improvement is not enough. They have to do better) less and less oil will be consumed and prices will come down to as demand will decrease. For now China and India are buying all the worlds oil. Gold too...

Everything else I agree, this administration is full of crooks who screw us and use our own blood as lubricant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users