Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Government Seizes Book of Yeghishe Charents' Unpublished Works

Narek Aleksanyan

Posted Image 13:37, October 15, 2012

At a press conference today in Yerevan, Davit Gasparyan claimed that a book he has edited containing the heretofore unpublished works of Yeghishe Charents has been seized by the Armenian government.
Gasparyan, who daid he had devoted 15 years to researching the book entitled Girk Mnatsortats, claimed that Anahit Charents, the daughter of Yeghishe Charents, had demanded that the government seize the 500 copies of the book of the shelves of bookstores.
Gasparyan avoided commenting on why the book, which had been published at government expense, was subsequently seized.
He promised to republish the book at his own expense if it wasn’t released for sale.

#2 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Բայց ի՞նչու...

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

As always, I did not understand a word from the above.
Why did Anahit Charents cause the confiscation of the book? Is it a matter or copyright, or that there may have been some embarassing facts of Yeghishe's life?

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

- ALMA to host lecture on Charents book
ALMA to host lecture on Charents book
May 25, 2012 - 11:15 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - In Commemoration of the 500th Anniversary of the First Printed Armenian Book, Dr. James Russell, Mashtots Professor of Armenian Studies at Harvard University, will give a lecture at Armenian Library and Museum of America (ALMA) on May 31.

The lecture to be presented is titled “Charent's Book of the Way: Text and Icon of a Soviet Armenian Apocalypse.”

"The Book of the Way (Girk' Chanaparhi) was the last book of Yeghishe Charents, his greatest, and a book that was burnt and became dangerous to own. It is also the most extraordinary work of graphic art in modern Armenian: Hakob Kojoyan and the poet collaborated closely on the design, which encodes an extraordinary message of transformation and apocalypse that is in plain sight, but has perhaps not been deciphered hitherto." Dr. Russell says.

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

"His last collection of poems, "The Book of The Way", was printed in 1933, but its distribution was delayed by the Soviet government until 1934, when it was reissued with some revisions. In this book the authors lays out the panorama of Armenian history and reviews it part-by-part"

http://en.wikipedia....ghishe_Charents

#6 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

can't find much more then this on teh book, but did call Armenia see oif we can get hold of one..

#7 Louise Kiffer

Louise Kiffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Charents wrote: "The sun will rise like an executioner" in " the wall of the " Communards"

#8 Louise Kiffer

Louise Kiffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Maybe the political aspects of the work had to be censured. What they called in France "communards' is a scornful way to point out the communists.

#9 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

maybe bank in days of CCCP it was the political aspect, but now days it must the the $$$ , who restored the book, who will publish and who and how much will get $$$$ paid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users