#21 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(Error 404 @ Jul 10 2006, 02:17 PM) View Post

There are many theories trying to explain the real cause of the Fall of Kars. But none of them justifies sensless loss of the city which once was the capital of Armenia. I am not talking about treaties and agreements made around that time. I am interested in the real events of 1920's final hours of the City.

For those who does not know. The city (which was heavily fortified and could defend itself) was surrendered to the turks in 2-3 hours whithout fireing a shot.

The city had enough canons rifles and ammo and as I said was heavily fortified. It was prepared for the defence. But what happened is the Armenian army commanding officers left and flee the city same did the most part of the soldiers. Some 4000 soldiers and officers stood there and did not fight hoping for a mercy from turks. But when the city was surrendered peacefully to the turks they executed those 4000 man and massacred the civilian population of the city then they plundered the city.

I have even talked to survivors of Kars. NO real answer...

Some mention bolsheviks as a cause, some the fear, some the treason. But it does not make a sense for me.

What's your opinion?

Error; the time span you're talking about is right after Armenia was free for 2 1/2 years. Right before communism put their big bear paw on our Republic. Could this be the time when General Antranik believed the British and ceceded having all his faith in their beloney talks and lies?

I will personally look into this part of the history and I will try to come back with the results that I've got.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 24 March 2007 - 05:50 PM.

#22 neko

neko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(Edward @ Mar 24 2007, 07:17 PM) View Post

steve stop spamming or you;ll get a warning, there is a humor section for that

I spent over half an hour looking for that "serious cat - serious thread" meme. mad.gif
It was a legitimate response to Error404s somewhat pompous request to delete other peoples posts just because he doesn't deem them fit for his pupose.

#23 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:47 PM

neko now that I am a moderator I am able to see the hidden messages. The ones that JERKS like you can post and then get hidden by moderators because they don't make sense.

If you see that you can't make sense in the thread, please be kind and obey leaving your dirt/shitmarks in the thread. So that we(all) can save some nerves.

#24 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

• ED likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users