#342 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 03:28 PM

Ha ha ha, how funny.
Fact is the complete opposite. Someone like me had a hard time considering the possibility of even questioning the inexistence of a deity as an adolescent. Accepting everything that has been spoon-fed you, no questions asked, that's what's easy way out. smile.gif If you're born to Buddhist parents, you're Buddhist. If you're born to Muslims, you're Muslim. Do I see a pattern here? smile.gif

#343 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 04:00 PM

No, Stormy I think it's the other way round. The so-called "questioning" of everything arround that prevails in western society and manifests itself as baseless rethoric is the opium that is being spoon-fed to you.

Regarding the religious tradition of nations. If you brake all the borders between cultures and mix everyone up by accepting that all changes are possibile and there is total freedom (anarchy) that will bring to a situation where there will be no original culture left. If the original culture is gone that will bring to a psychological deadlock. Can you immagine that wherever you go be it Thailand or Zimbabve you see the same megapolis melting pot culture with same restaurants and same clubs? Isn't it boring? Isen't diversity fun. Isn't it fun that Muslims stay Muslism and Christians stay Christians?

#344 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Oct 24 2004, 10:00 PM)
No, Stormy I think it's the other way round. The so-called "questioning" of everything arround that prevails in western society and manifests itself as baseless rethoric is the opium that is being spoon-fed to you.

Baseless rhetoric? I have yet to see any convincing, "baseful" rhetoric worth a hundredth of the time it did when I was surrounded by Catholics, Presbyterians, and Pakis. rolleyes.gif It is more worth my time to entertain myself with dissecting hypocrisy.
As for the "fun" bit - that is hardly even beside the point.

#345 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Oct 30 2004, 03:06 PM)
Baseless rhetoric? I have yet to see any convincing, "baseful" rhetoric worth a hundredth of the time it did when I was surrounded by Catholics, Presbyterians, and Pakis. rolleyes.gif It is more worth my time to entertain myself with dissecting hypocrisy.
As for the "fun" bit - that is hardly even beside the point.

Stormy, I have a general idea that you always hang out with wrong type of people. biggrin.gif And I am not the one whose gona be enterntaining you, so suit youself, believe and dissect what you want ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users