92 replies to this topic

#21 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:29 AM

Error 404, you talk about armenian scholars and know nothing about Armen Ayvazyan or Hovik Nersesian?

"And I am really proud and happy that current historians in Armenia have such liberal approach to their profession"

#22 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

Why are they Armenian gods and not syncretic Hellenic and Persian gods? rolleyes.gif

#23 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Jan 19 2007, 10:10 AM) View Post

Why are they Armenian gods and not syncretic Hellenic and Persian gods? rolleyes.gif

as you can see, the earth is not flat anymore, christopher colobus did not discover america, and the hellenic and persian gods got nothing to do in the armenian highland.

#24 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Jan 19 2007, 06:10 PM) View Post

Can I say this?
I guess not.
I will say it anyay.
Why don't you take your MQ, oops.gif, I mean, kindly, Euro-voro-centricism somewhere else?!!!
And come back after you realize that Euro is none other than Ereb/Erebuni/ Evropa/ Europa/Europe.

#25 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(ArmoArmeN @ Jan 19 2007, 09:29 AM) View Post

Error 404, you talk about armenian scholars and know nothing about Armen Ayvazyan or Hovik Nersesian?

"And I am really proud and happy that current historians in Armenia have such liberal approach to their profession"

I am guessing the names you listed are new schoolars. Actually I read more old schoolars. LIke Varpetyan etc. I am not familiar with those new names. That's why I said I am happy that there are historians doing these researches. I wonder if they have like website or some type of portal where one can read about their research and activities except of TV cause I don't have and I don't watch TV.

#26 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:03 PM

[quote name='Error 404' date='Jan 19 2007, 11:39 AM' post='186468']
I am guessing the names you listed are new schoolars.

no they are not.

Actually I read more old schoolars.

in your own words, you said 'current historians'. Armen Ayvazyan and Hovik Nersesian are the most prominent 'current historians'.

LIke Varpetyan etc. I am not familiar with those new names.

i'm sure you are familiar with those "new" names, but have chosen to ignore their works.

I wonder if they have like website or some type of portal where one can read about their research and activities except of TV cause I don't have and I don't watch TV.

Armen Ayvazyan- http://www.hayq.org/

If you say where you live, I'll tell you where to find Hovik Nersesians books.

#27 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

Mosjan, merge this with yours.

#28 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

ArmoArmen

apparently you have some type of problem dude. I told you I don't know Armen Ayvazyan and Hovik Nersesian. And when I mean current historians I meant Artak Movsisyan.

I can't get your point. What are you trying to reach?

Now it seems that I am dreaming.

#29 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

by the way, thanks for the link.

Now I can get to know who Armen Aivazyan is.

#30 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:28 PM

IPB Image

#31 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Zartonk @ Jan 19 2007, 05:28 PM) View Post

IPB Image

I didn't see this before. The beautiful display of ancient Armenian gods Zartonk is wonderful. Thanks. smile.gif

#32 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:35 PM

wink.gif

#33 Hellektor

Hellektor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

I saved all the pics from this website in 2003. Fortunately the page is still there and nothing has been added or removed.

The only bummer is that the pics are marked.

IPB Image

#34 neko

neko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(Hellektor @ Jan 29 2007, 12:49 AM) View Post

The only bummer is that the pics are marked.

They are marked so that people can't steal them and use them for their own purposes. rolleyes.gif

#35 Hellektor

Hellektor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

Գլխին շռում ես ասում ա անձրև ա գալիս:

I'm trying not to provide some sado-masochists with jerk-off material but sometimes you just can't ignore some stupid comments.

It took two minutes of editing with Photoshop to get rid of the mark, however, when I said it was a bummer I meant the marking could have been done in a less crude manner. A smaller mark with matching colors would have preserved the beauty of the picture whereas now it simply attracts too much attention.

Attached Files

#36 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

I found Mount Nemrut in wiki. Why is it saying that those are greek-persian gods? And that Antiochus I was the son of king Mithridates I Callinicus and the Seleucid princess Laodice, daughter of the Syrian King Antiochus VIII.

There is nothing mentioned about armenia and armenian gods.

Hellector?

#37 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Error 404 @ Jan 29 2007, 01:43 PM) View Post

I found Mount Nemrut in wiki. Why is it saying that those are greek-persian gods? And that Antiochus I was the son of king Mithridates I Callinicus and the Seleucid princess Laodice, daughter of the Syrian King Antiochus VIII.

There is nothing mentioned about armenia and armenian gods.

Hellector?

that's what happens wan your culture / Books / History ........ is wiped out not only by turks persians and others but also our own Armenian church

after Armenians have adapted christianity - most of the OLD original religions was ether converted to christianity or was simply "cleaned" / wiped from face of the earth

#38 neko

neko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(Error 404 @ Jan 29 2007, 09:43 PM) View Post

Unusually for Wikipedia, they are saying it because it is true. tongue.gif

#39 neko

neko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(Hellektor @ Jan 29 2007, 09:07 PM) View Post

Գլխին շռում ես ասում ա անձրև ա գալիս:

I'm trying not to provide some sado-masochists with jerk-off material but sometimes you just can't ignore some stupid comments.

It took two minutes of editing with Photoshop to get rid of the mark, however, when I said it was a bummer I meant the marking could have been done in a less crude manner. A smaller mark with matching colors would have preserved the beauty of the picture whereas now it simply attracts too much attention.

When I said "some people" I was specifically thinking of people like you. Alas, having a "relaxed" attitude to the property of others is the least of your problems. mad.gif

#40 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(neko @ Jan 29 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post

Unusually for Wikipedia, they are saying it because it is true. tongue.gif

What was that? Did someone say something? Ohhh neko ! Neko the azeri cat !

But I don't remember asking you anything. Did I ask you anything about mongols pagan past?

Ohhh you are not of mongolian origin.... Oh yeah, I forgot you are of caucasian albanian origin. That is right there is a tower in Baku called "maiden tower" built in BC 600 and it was built by your ancestors.

That is right you guys are caucasian albanians and you preserverd the language, traditions, religion, architecture etc. etc.
What?

Oh you speak turkish...
You are muslim...
No more caucasian albanian traditions etc...
Azerbaijan appears in the history only in 1918...

You are completly turkified! Yes, you are of altaic (mongolic and seljuk) origin.

So wouldn't it be better if my question will be answered by someone who is more competent in prechristian armenian history than you neko?

Why don't you be quiet and not provoke us with your stupid comments? If you have anything valuable to say you can participate to the conversation if not save your BS comments to yourself.

Thanks!

Edited by Error 404, 29 January 2007 - 05:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users