#1 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 06 April 2002 - 01:09 PM

It is time for the Holy Couple to retake the Church. Jesus and the Magdalen, hand in hand, will return and restore the Church. Instead of hypocrisy, the church will be a beacon of honesty. The position of the family of Jesus will be restored. The meek and all the outcasts will be given a position at the church table, as it was in Jesus' day. No more lies. No more secrets. As the Bible states, everything will BE revealed.

#2 Hyeflyer

Hyeflyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:plant breeding custom wood working

Posted 09 April 2002 - 05:52 PM

Before that can happen the Revelation will have to be fullfilled.Worry when they say peace at last.

#3 Anshnork

Anshnork

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Art, history, philosophy, theology, politics, literature, & music.

Posted 10 April 2002 - 03:04 PM

????? I don't understand what you're talking about hararag... Do you believe that Jesus and Magdalene were literally an item, or am I missing some kind of hidden point in your post?

#4 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 04:34 PM

The world had been brainwashed by Constantine and his family. Jesus lived his earthly life as a typical Jew. It was his spiritual side which placed him on a different plane than the rest of us. As such, he married and had children. The HERETIC liars are the leaders of our so-called churches who have been perpetuating the lies of Constantine for all these centuries. Read up on the geneology of the Merovingian dynasty and why they were exterminated by the Papacy.

#5 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 04:45 PM

Perhaps if all the leaders of the churches married, as I have discovered that Jesus did, they would not have urges to place their hands on the young women of the church. As for the homosexual clergy, let them have their boyfriends. Better that than to find their pleasures elsewhere (e.g. with innocent little boys).

#6 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hagarag:
It is time for the Holy Couple to retake the Church. ...

Just let me know which specific Church because I want to switch to that one before it's too late. So many churches with so many different beliefs that is driving me nuts! Let's just pick one and stick with it. If you really think about it, out of all these thousands of different churches and religions, only ONE is the true one! It would suck so much for the rest of them to realize they were wrong for soooo long

Kinda reminds me of that Indiana Jones movie where he had to pick the holly grail and drink from it. So many glasses to pick from and only 1 chance

Actually, the probability that the church that person "x" belongs as being the "correct one" is sooo low, that it is not funny anymore Just depresses me every time I think about it. I really don't want to burn in hell for eternity but all statistics and probability theory is telling me is that it is almost for sure that I'll end up there.

#7 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 05:26 PM

Find the spirit of Jesus within yourself. HE is there within you. You do not have to belong to any specific church. If you choose to belong to an Armenian church do it for reasons of your heritage, but you must find Jesus by yourself.

#8 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 05:30 PM

I like that answer a lot!

#9 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 11 April 2002 - 06:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sip:
[QUOTE]
Just let me know which specific Church because I want to switch to that one before it's too late.

LOL - you worry yourself too much. How cannot whatever church/belief you possess be not the right one for you?

quote:
[QUOTE]
So many churches with so many different beliefs that is driving me nuts! Let's just pick one and stick with it. If you really think about it, out of all these thousands of different churches and religions, only ONE is the true one! It would suck so much for the rest of them to realize they were wrong for soooo long

I cannot agree with the "only one is the true one" comment. To believe thus is to misunderstand religion - IMO. Why should a hunter gatherer or a bushman or whatever have the same religion as you - who is served by such. Your religion must have meaning for you - for the way you live, for your environment and for what it does for you.

You could perhaps consider certain religions to be wrong for you however - as I consider Chritianity & Islam & such to be very wrong for me in its overarching absolutism. You may want to put together a list and begin the process of elimination...LOL. And consider this - if you are without sin (or without sin such that the agrieved party or such cannot [easily] absolve - what is the real need for divine redemption? And if you understand science - and why eating certain things or screwing certain close relations etc - is not generally a good idea - why the need for a mandate against such beyond the learning required to know better (and why)? These are questions we need to ask ourselves - IMO (particualrly before "primitive" religion [and you should know of which I speak] holds us back from our ultimate (as yet unknown/undetermined) destiny as a species/planet/etc.

quote:
[QUOTE]
Kinda reminds me of that Indiana Jones movie where he had to pick the holly grail and drink from it. So many glasses to pick from and only 1 chance

He obviously was lacking the proper tools for accurate diagnosis and had to resort to approximations and just his good sense. He was doing the best that he could do under the (primative) circumstance. This has always been the way (and I do not deny still is even as our knowledge and capabilities expand)

quote:
[QUOTE]
Actually, the probability that the church that person "x" belongs as being the "correct one" is sooo low, that it is not funny anymore

Yes of course - and it goes much beyond this. We have made such constructs of things. And they have meaning and are useful - if we understand what they are (and don't be too awfly serious about them...thats when people always die/get killed for some reason or another....).

quote:
[QUOTE]
Just depresses me every time I think about it. I really don't want to burn in hell for eternity but all statistics and probability theory is telling me is that it is almost for sure that I'll end up there.

Actually I conclude just the opposite. I would be willing to bet any amount on my belief - that is my confidence in my probability calculation. So my soul (perhaps?) is up on the block (you may think such?)....Well - it ain't goin anywhere - trust me... (caveat - unless of course you have available some sort of conduit and containment for its electrical energy...kapisch?) And being a scientific type (you seem to me to be so to some degree...or at least a computer geek) - where in nature do we ever see an infinite life cycle? This seems to me to go against all known/accepted principles. Things are born and the exsist then they die/fade or otherwise poof out of exsistance. Sure some may trnasfor into other types of matter/energy - but are they the same - what is their (cognative) relationship to what they were before? I don't think we know the answer - though somehow I have my doubts and this eternal soul concept in all its forms - well i just think its a bit of self agrandizement if you ask me....

#10 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2002 - 06:57 AM

quote:
If you really think about it, out of all these thousands of different churches and religions, only ONE is the true one! It would suck so much for the rest of them to realize they were wrong for soooo long
Worst then this... why one should be the true one ? What about NONE.

#11 Hyeflyer

Hyeflyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 07:50 PM

What everyone seems to forget is Jesus taught faith NOT religion.The epostiles turned it into religiondogma!

#12 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by highflyer:
What everyone seems to forget is Jesus taught faith NOT religion.The epostiles turned it into religiondogma!

Religion literally means dual/reciprocal/ relationship with your Lord Jesus Christ. When someone says that he has faith in Christ but he is not religious person, I kind of laugh. Faith is about religion and dogma. You believe because you believe. You don't ask questions, and you don't look for reason. That is dogma. It is given. It is there!

#13 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 08:53 PM

Jesus told us to seek, seek and you shall find. You seem to forget that the church hierarchy was not in his equation.

#14 Hyeflyer

Hyeflyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 02:43 PM

HagaragYou forget Jesus taught faith not religion. That is the problem whe and our teachers have turned his words of faith into dogmareligion and have turned away from faith.

#15 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by highflyer:
You forget Jesus taught faith not religion. ...

I think I am slightly confused. What would you say is the difference between the two?

#16 Hyeflyer

Hyeflyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 05:50 PM

The differance is you belive by choice because it has a logical meaning to you as the individual.It is not instilled in you from childhood as dogma is .You except or you do not .That simple to me.

#17 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2002 - 06:02 PM

quote:
The differance is you belive by choice because it has a logical meaning to you as the individual.It is not instilled in you from childhood as dogma is .You except or you do not .That simple to me.
I really do not agree with this... religion is a dogma... if it was not, it would not have been a religion, the one of the 5 major type of religions that is not really one is Boudism... Christianity is a religion to the fact that there is writtings that are supposed to be the word of god... thats a dogma... you can turn this by talking about logic interpretation etc... thats only diversion, if you believe only by choice and interpret everything by your choice and do not have a dogma(in this case the Bible) then by deffinition you are not a Christian.

Remind you here and agnoisticism is not a religion, believing is something to a force my choice is not a religion, believing to Jesus as the son of god make you a Christian and this believe is a dogma, if on the other hand you believe is some things because you find them logic and rejects others, from the Bible etc... then by definition you are not really a Christian.

Thats complext of course and people will only try to interpret these things the way they want, this is why I believe these books that many religions are based on are your own mirror, you make them speak the way you think by interprating them how you want.

#18 Rubo

Rubo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Art & Armenian issues

Posted 18 July 2002 - 05:40 PM

Personally I believe all religions are just that religions! The only person that I feel speaks for me is Gurdjief who was half Greek and half Armenian. His "system" is the fourth way. His basic point is to awaken people from their mechanical sleep and be the source of God consciousness instead of repeating verses without insight. Many priests and other religious figures have long seized to understand what they are preaching. Allegory and mythology have taken up literary by ignorant "spiritual” leaders as truth. It is far from it. I am yet to meet a truly spiritually awaken priest but I have meet many verse reciters.
“A man may be born, but in order to be born he must first die , and in order to die he must first awake." Gurdjief

Regards Argishti

#19 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

Time Magazine

February 23, 2007 6:55

Jesus: Tales from the Crypt

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.

Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

There was also this little inconvenience that a few miles away, in the old city of Jerusalem, Christians for centuries had been worshipping the empty tomb of Christ at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Christ's resurrection, after all, is the main foundation of the faith, proof that a boy born to a carpenter's wife in a manger is the Son of God.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Ever the showman, (Why does this remind me of the impresario in another movie,"King Kong", whose hubris blinds him to the dangers of an angry and very large ape?) Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.

--Tim McGirk/Jerusalem

#20 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

The sprit of the image of the lovely woman that you all worship is NOT the mother of Christ, but his WIFE you fools!

Since they were both named Mariam, Saul of Tarsus and Constantine were able to fool everyone so that they could PAGANIZE our religion.

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Feb 25 2007, 10:04 AM) View Post

Time Magazine

February 23, 2007 6:55

Jesus: Tales from the Crypt

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.

Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

There was also this little inconvenience that a few miles away, in the old city of Jerusalem, Christians for centuries had been worshipping the empty tomb of Christ at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Christ's resurrection, after all, is the main foundation of the faith, proof that a boy born to a carpenter's wife in a manger is the Son of God.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Ever the showman, (Why does this remind me of the impresario in another movie,"King Kong", whose hubris blinds him to the dangers of an angry and very large ape?) Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.

--Tim McGirk/Jerusalem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users