• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 09:35 PM

OK, but lets keep dz@dzakordzik in mind. Soon we might need it in reference to other non-native words. smile.gif

#42 Davo0074_NL

Davo0074_NL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:52 AM

Barev Hayer jan,

I think that it`s better not to have loan words in our language because it`s just something that`s destroying so many languages. I guess one of the things that an armenian can be proud of is his language. Armenian is one of the eldest languages and had its own alphabet in the 4th centurie. What is the thing about loan words?
Every language needs to have words that go with the language. Loan words also invite armenians to use other words that we have in fact to replace them by an non-armenian word. We are not like other nations, we are seperated all over the world and we need to fight very hard to keep our language a life among 2nd and 3rd generations so please forget about the loan words!

David ph34r.gif

#43 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:52 AM

Let's return those "loan" words to the languages from whome we have borrowed wink.gif

#44 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:42 AM

This happens from language to language, in Japanese it's the same way. But it's up to the person. If you don't want to use the words than don't. Times change, and languages evolve. Even as words are 'borrowed' the tint of whomever is using them in their original language will eventually morph the loaned word into a meaning somewhat native to the language into which it was 'borrowed'. bored.gif

Did that make any sense? biggrin.gif

#45 Davo0074_NL

Davo0074_NL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:03 PM

But still....we should be so careful, I don`t know what you guys think but to me it`s so extremely painfull to see how our new generations getting disconnected from Armenian culture and society most of the time because they can not speak our language. If we (I mean the Armenians who live outside of Armenia) keep using this loan words, our children will forget the real words and so on.

Menq Mek Azg enq, Mek Havatq ev Mek Lezu!

David ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users