Armenian Women

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2000 - 03:25 PM

Is it my imagination or do Armenian women have an "Us Versus Them" attitude when it comes to men? Almost a war-like, battle mentality.

With respect to the women I know, it seems the more Armenian they are, the more they think this way; the more Americanized they are, the less they think this way.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2000 - 05:14 PM

Its probably due to the fact that some Hye men living in Hayastan mistreat thier women, but im just speculating.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2000 - 12:55 AM

My initial response to this: we need more women on this forum.

Yes, Mikey, it IS your imagination. It's not that extreme, but there is a grain of truth to that.

Also, the purpose should not to be ask "is there such a mentality", the purpose should be to ask "WHY is there such a mentality".

Think on that for a minute. (and don't get me started Posted Image )

Gayane

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2000 - 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:
Also, the purpose should not to be ask "is there such a mentality", the purpose should be to ask "WHY is there such a mentality".

Obviously that was part of the purpose of my post!

What actually prompted this was your post in the Impressions Of The Day thread where you ended by saying, "So from now on, girls, I'm going to be pinpointing all our mistakes in communication with the men on this forum so we can slowly reform. "

The issues you discuss in the post relate to how women communicate in general (whether it be to another man or another woman), but you ended the post by specifically referencing communication with men.

Anyway, the gist of this is, I was surprized that even independent Armenian women have signs of the "Us Vs. Them" attitude.

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited December 14, 2000).]

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2000 - 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pilafhead:
Is it my imagination or do Armenian women have an "Us Versus Them" attitude when it comes to men?

I always felt like Armenian women have a "Me Versus All Other Women" attitude. I could be wrong.

A

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2000 - 10:05 PM

lol, Aneta, interesting comment...

SOME armenian women, Aneta jan, SOME

Mikey, it's interesting that you should interpret my post about gender based communication as an "us v. them" attitude.. it's not. If anything, it's an attempt to pinpoint ways of improving our communication with men and thereby improving our relationships with men. You know me, I believe everything's based on communication, especially the success of a given relationship. It wasn't "us v. them"....it was me trying to find ways of reinforcing an "us WITH them" mentality. I'm sorry if I miscommunicated that

gayancho

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2000 - 10:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

lol, Aneta, interesting comment...
SOME armenian women, Aneta jan, SOME

Yes, I forgot that word ... SOME

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2000 - 06:30 AM

I have a very different experience Pilafjan. I have always felt close to Armenian women and I should say that the reciprocal is also true. Armenian women that are strong, self motivated, interesting and humorous. Yes, they exist. And I love them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users