No replies to this topic

#1 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:37 PM

10.jpg

Rita Kevorkian
ARMENIAN GENOCIDEARTS & CULTUREINTERNATIONALCOVID-19FEMINISMPAINTING Armenian-Egyptian Artist Rita Kevorkian Truly A Rising Talent
JUNE 27, 2020

By Maydaa Nadar

Special to the Mirror-Spectator

CAIRO — Her father and grandfather were born in Egypt. Her great-grandfather fled to Egypt, escaping the Genocide. She is the fourth generation of her Armenian family. Meet Rita Kevorkian, the Armenian-Egyptian artist whose paintings depict the richness of both countries at their finest.

“Armenia represents my roots. At the same time, Egypt is my home country, where I was born and raised, and the place where I live and where I wish to spend the rest of my life,” articulated Rita in this regard.

4-3-e1593352783183.jpg

Her works of art adorn many of the celebrations of the Armenian community in Egypt. Last year for example, Rita took part with ten acrylic paintings in celebrating the 90th anniversary of the founding of Saint Gregory the Illuminator Armenian Church in Cairo. Her artworks included representations of the church itself, the Holy Family’s journey to Egypt, and important figures of the Armenian Church. The young artist also magnificently revived old iconography. “I was very happy with the trust the church and the Armenian community put in me, as they allowed me to play a role in this great event.”

8-2-e1593352675814.jpg

More:  https://mirrorspecta...-rising-talent/

• Yervant1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users