MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,194 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

https://slippedisc.c...aganini-record/

Armenian violinist claims Paganini record

Nikolay Madoyan, an international soloist, has written to the Guinness Book of Records claiming to be the first to perform all six Paganini concertos in one evening. Apart from the composer, perhaps.

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,194 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:14 PM

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/4463/20140227/title-fight-armenian-violinist-nikolay-madoyan-performs-all-six-paganini-concerti-in-one-night-for-guinness-book-of-records.htm

Title Fight: Armenian Violinist Nikolay Madoyan Performs All Six Paganini Concerti in One Night for Guinness Book of Records

An "Honored Artist of Armenia," Nikolay Madoyan wrote to the Guinness Book of World Records claiming to be the first such fiddler in modern history to perform all six Paganini concerti in one evening (the composer, himself, being exempt).

The concert, where Madoyan played each Paganini by heart, was held at the Opera and Ballet National Academic Theater on February 20.

Madoyan, of course, is also a laureate of more serious competitions both in his home nation and abroad.

In fact, Madoyan has enjoyed a career traipsing some 20 discs and several universally lauded concerts.

And a lot of those performances have been marathons: Beethoven's 10 sonatas for violin and piano (played over three evenings in succession); Paganini's 24 "Caprices" (one evening without interruption); Bach's sonatas and partitas for solo violin (one night only) and his collection of the six sonatas for violin and cembalo (one night, also); Belgian violinist/composer Eugène Ysaÿe 's six sonatas (again, just one evening).

Madoyan has also played abreast of the world's most best conductors, such as Claudio Abbado, Valery Gergiev and Richard Dufallo.

Here he is, in all his memorized glory.

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,194 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

yesterday he played for 36 hours :) new record

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users