52 replies to this topic

#21 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (vava @ Aug 6 2004, 11:33 AM)
yucky.gif There are somethings that are just better left NOT discussed... one of them is your parents sex life. no.gif

not true, it's good to know how and where you come from wink.gif

#22 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Nakharar @ Aug 6 2004, 09:40 AM)
Didn't they have sex for only procreative purposes during those times?

not my grandparents - my brother asked my grandpa, not they used the natural method (pulling out - sorry for mentioning) not to get pregnant.

#23 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (kakachik77 @ Aug 7 2004, 12:44 AM)
they used the natural method (pulling out - sorry for mentioning) not to get pregnant.

That's the one my grandma talked about as well smile.gif Also counting days. Apparently abortion was legal too back in those days in Iran. I didn't know this.

Welcome to Hyeforum btw. Hope you enjoy your stay.

#24 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (nairi @ Aug 6 2004, 05:35 PM)
Welcome to Hyeforum btw. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks Nairi smile.gif

yeah - my that grandpa/ma are from Iran as well.

#25 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:50 PM

I didn't have any sex in the 50's sad.gif ... and now, it's going to be even less? cry.gif

#26 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Aug 6 2004, 05:50 PM)
I didn't have any sex in the 50's   sad.gif ... and now, it's going to be even less? cry.gif

lol.gif
poor Sip! laugh.gif

Edited by Maral, 06 August 2004 - 07:02 PM.

#27 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:40 PM

This is probably going to be one of my most naive questions/comments on Hyeforum, if not the most absurd... But what do you think... uhum... is it a good thing or just plain pathetic if one hasn't experienced sex by 21 years of age and is dutifully looking for the "right" person?

#28 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Aug 7 2004, 05:40 AM)
This is probably going to be one of my most naive questions/comments on Hyeforum, if not the most absurd... But what do you think... uhum... is it a good thing or just plain pathetic if one hasn't experienced sex by 21 years of age and is dutifully looking for the "right" person?

Not a good thing, not pathetic, and you have to do what is right for you. But I'd still say keep working at it and find a "solution" ASAP. laugh.gif After all, it is a learning process and the sooner you start the better. Women hit peak at late 20's to early 30's, but how do you know you still won't be getting crap and not knowing how to tell the difference by then?

#29 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:54 PM

Yes, but aren't we told that the right "solution" will always be finding one true mate for the rest of your life? I know I sound incredibly naive but at least for me the guy has to be Armenian, and I'm sure you know the problems associated with dating Armenian guys biggrin.gif

#30 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Aug 7 2004, 05:54 AM)
Yes, but aren't we told that the right "solution" will always be finding one true mate for the rest of your life? I know I sound incredibly naive but at least for me the guy has to be Armenian, and I'm sure you know the problems associated with dating Armenian guys biggrin.gif

Two things:
Are you going to marry the first person you hold hands with versus playing the field?
And is his being good in the sack important for you? If so, how are you gonna know/be able to tell/compare?

#31 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Aug 6 2004, 11:54 PM)

Do what you find is right for you, every person is different.

#32 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Aug 6 2004, 10:07 PM)
And is his being good in the sack important for you? If so, how are you gonna know/be able to tell/compare?

I guess it's too naive to assume that everybody's supposed to be good in the sack, huh? laugh.gif

#33 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Aug 7 2004, 06:34 AM)
I guess it's too naive to assume that everybody's supposed to be good in the sack, huh? laugh.gif

Oh yes. Now that is way naive. Don't be fooled by talk, either - there are losers who say they want to try this or that with you and then end up being not even able to touch. Gotta test-drive yourself!

#34 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Aug 7 2004, 12:07 AM)
Two things:
Are you going to marry the first person you hold hands with versus playing the field?

I would add a third one:

There is always a 99.99% statistical plausibily that there is someone out there who in comparison with your currnt partner is better in almost every sense. How do you deal with this situation? Go on with the search or stop it?

#35 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (ArmenSarg @ Aug 7 2004, 07:21 AM)
I would add a third one:

There is always a 99.99% statistical plausibily that there is someone out there who in comparison with your currnt partner is better in almost every sense. How do you deal with this situation? Go on with the search or stop it?

Don't have all the time in the world, do we? dry.gif biggrin.gif Some people already cut off the chunk of the chase by sticking with Chinese, Hutu, or Eskimo. rolleyes.gif

#36 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:01 AM

I say hit and run. That's my philosophy. laugh.gif

#37 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (vava @ Aug 6 2004, 07:58 AM)
I think we probably had more *time* for sex in the fifties... but then who am I to tell - I wasn't around back then. Maybe we should ask Azat ?!?! ohmy.gif

msn-cry.gif msn-cry.gif msn-cry.gif on second thought I think i am not going to be in LA in December

#38 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ Aug 7 2004, 10:43 AM)
msn-cry.gif msn-cry.gif msn-cry.gif on second thought I think i am not going to be in LA in December

Awww. I was just joking <sheepish grin>

partytime.gif

#39 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:34 PM

Gevo and Stormig. Please stay away from each other as if you silly argument continues moderators will be forces to give you both warnings.

#40 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Aug 7 2004, 01:40 AM)

I think it is a great thing, but this is my personal opinion. Nobody can answer this question with the "right answer" because this is a matter of personal choice and only the person in question can have the right answer.
I think that there is something very wrong with asking this question, and I don't at all mean to project my ideas upon anyone. It comes from deceptions of the western culture. Western culture is telling people that they are inadequate if they don't have a sex life. I consider this idea a big insult to the human nature, and the "philosophy" behind it bogus. Sex urge is purely an animal urge, nevertheless even animals are not considered inadequate if they don't have sex. So how can a thinking, reasoning, feeling and self-conscious human be inadequate without sex???

To keep it short, if one is waiting for the right person and not giving in to sex urges it only speaks of their better and purer qualities. Everyone can indulge in sex beginning from 14 years old, there is nothing praiseworthy about it. Happiness and satisfaction in the right partner has very little to do with sex life. The proof to that should be such a huge number of sexually active unsatisfied unmarried or married couples in the west.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users