• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:50 AM

Well I can't sleep thanks to the destructed schedule of my weekend, fueled by thrilling late night conversations about morality. As I was tossing and turning thinking about the stock characters of “Tartuffe”, particularly a conversation between Mariane and Orgon still swirling in my mind, a thought dawned on me... Which remedies do you ladies apply when Red Riding Hood is in town?

So many cravings arise, including pickles followed by scoops of chocolate ice-cream. Or a combination of hot apple pie followed by a breast of spicy roasted saffron chicken. Which after you need to pretend that you are in a potato sack contest to get your pants on. Then there are those shooting stars in your stomach, it often feels like there is a fight between good and evil and evil seems to put up a long fight, before it's subdued by a tough rescue ranger entitled “Advil”. Chamomile comes as a substitute at times, however the effects seem to be very temporary and are often overwhelmed by the adrenaline level of Red Riding Hood, often felt like she is running vigorously through the woods. So what are your escapades during the tormenting visit? Being that we don't have as many women as men in this forum, guys are welcome to contribute if they picked up some useful information from their female counterparts.

As you read this with in complete awe, I shall make a second attempt at capturing the dream fairy by her evasive “sleep” braid.

#2 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:09 AM

So many cravings arise, including pickles followed by scoops of chocolate ice-cream. Or a combination of hot apple pie followed by a breast of spicy roasted saffron chicken.

are you sure ? your not pregnan ??? | guess not if the | Red Riding Hood is in town?|

smile.gif it's only a joke smile.gif don't get mad at me smile.gif

#3 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:21 AM

OMG!!! MOS jan es inch baneres asum? mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif Lezut ktrvi! Tentsem jxanatsel ches el patkeratsnum! Now I shall go crush my 1654 china set given to me by Vartanik's, Cousin's, Wive's, Son in hopes of being wheelbarrowed around by me. But you know after seing that tender lion in your avatar, it reminds me of the little riding hood being swallowed by the wolf, so I won't mess with you Mos Jan. laugh.gif

Next question: How can anyone get angry with MosJan, he is such a jan jan! biggrin.gif

#4 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Feb 17 2004, 02:21 AM)
How can anyone get angry with MosJan, he is such a jan jan! biggrin.gif

Yes I totally agree. Movses, you are the greatest most forgiving person on earth, right? photo.gif cheers.gif

#5 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:27 AM

Ahem...I'm sorry but can I just remind you that this thread is not intended to praise MosJan, but to rather engage in an intellectual discussion about the necessary rescue work for the case of the Little Red Riding Hood in Town for a visit...Seap, perhaps you have something to contribute?

#6 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Feb 17 2004, 02:27 AM)
... Seap, perhaps you have something to contribute?

I would but I have no idea what you said. ohmy.gif Based on my limited knowledge on the subject, I am guessing it has to do with the bees trying to have sex with the birds?

#7 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:57 AM

lol evelina jan you are quite an imagtinitive person...lol those are some weird cravings there--lol the ice cream and the chicken-together? hmm lol

well for me, ben and jerries ice cream does the trick-or maybe some dulce de leche ice cream from haagen daz--oh and pickles-thats a weak spot right there--

and i guess that would make little red riding hood happy lol

#8 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:59 AM

I heard another story about Little Red Riding Hood and how all the woods were chopped off, left with tbe barks. Boy was that an easy trip for her to grandmothers house.

#9 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:51 AM

I like getting my period, no matter how contradictory this sounds. It's just a sign that my body and mind are still functioning the way they're supposed to. I don't usually have problems with it. They're generally quite light and don't last over five days (with the second day being the heaviest). Only once every few months do I experience "extreme" PMS and a painful period. Most of the time I have no idea I'm going to get it until I do. Nope, I don't keep count: it's pointless, since it's never precisely regular. I don't usually feel my ovulation either.

When I do feel pain or mentally unstable right before or during my period, I just follow my instincts: be it taking a rest, eating more, eating less, drinking more or less etc. It's very versatile so that what worked for me this month might not work next month. I think every girl is different and has to find her own way to deal with her periods. All I can do is knock on wood that my periods stay the way they are now. I'm quite happy with my cycle.

#10 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (nairi @ Feb 17 2004, 09:51 AM)
I like getting my period, no matter how contradictory this sounds. It's just a sign that my body and mind are still functioning the way they're supposed to. I don't usually have problems with it. They're generally quite light and don't last over five days (with the second day being the heaviest). Only once every few months do I experience "extreme" PMS and a painful period. Most of the time I have no idea I'm going to get it until I do. Nope, I don't keep count: it's pointless, since it's never precisely regular. I don't usually feel my ovulation either.

When I do feel pain or mentally unstable right before or during my period, I just follow my instincts: be it taking a rest, eating more, eating less, drinking more or less etc. It's very versatile so that what worked for me this month might not work next month. I think every girl is different and has to find her own way to deal with her periods. All I can do is knock on wood that my periods stay the way they are now. I'm quite happy with my cycle.

Nairi, I am much like you, except I experience breast tenderness a couple to three days before. I didn't have pain during the years I had rigorous exercise daily. Now my daily exercise is a joke. dry.gif
I have special gifts for boyfriends that don't mind. biggrin.gif
But, yeah, pickles - love'em - except I can have them any day of the month!

#11 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:41 AM

Ya'll just need a nice understanding brotha who will rub your lower back when your "Aunt" is in town. Rub your back, get you tea, and make you some very simplistic meals(gotta stay realistic here) tongue.gif

#12 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:00 AM

I'd like to take a moment and say good bye to the Women's Forum. When I first started browsing through this forum, the first thing that caught my eye was a section dedicated to women. Somehow I felt connected and was compelled to post my very first post entitled “Weaving around the bush”, which was somewhat of a controversial discussion about a relationship between women and hair. That is where the acceptance began, Seap being the first one to welcome me to the forum, and Azat the second, or rather they were just intrigued by the title of the thread.

Women's thread has gone through numerous stages of man bashing, feminism bashing, stereotypes of women and their roles in history. Also it has played a tremendous role in shedding the lights on some men who are surprisingly understanding and supportive of women. I'd like to finish by saying, that the Women's forum has brought something special into my cyber life, it has brought a sense of purpose. And perhaps not eternal, everything in life evolves and being the liberal woman that I am, I accept and welcome the changes. I shall take whatever I have learned in the Women's forum and forever engrave it in my heart and carry that grain of wisdom in my pocket, in hopes of sprinkling some of it when needed.

Well Goodbye Women's Forum... goodbye my friend.... may you rest in peace.... amen.... cry.gif

Attached Files

#13 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:44 AM

And who said the destruction of the womens forum would not result in positive threads. This is good stuff here.

#14 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 12:03 PM

Did you have a sarcastic omelet for breakfast, or am I misconstruing genuineness for satire?

#15 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:13 PM

Who said?

"Men do not have periods so that they may spend their blood on the battlefield."

#16 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Feb 17 2004, 12:03 PM)
Did you have a sarcastic omelet for breakfast, or am I misconstruing genuineness for satire?

I meant, I like your thread to put it in human terms.

#17 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (nairi @ Feb 17 2004, 02:51 AM)

lol.gif wow!! never did i think i'd read something like this on this forum!!! nairi you're funny girl!! so brave!!---yeah breast tenderness is the worst!!! once i had it so bad i couldn't even walk or wear a bra!! forget jogging!! haa!!! having a hard time stabilizing my girls tongue.gif ~~stiff as a couple of rocks!!! and usually you notice changes in the flow too... oh well, what can you do about those hormones?? sad.gif it's all stress related though!!!...i don't know if i'm the only one but sometimes the pain just shoots to my hips (the front side) and even down to my knees.... cry.gif

#18 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (hyebruin @ Feb 17 2004, 09:10 PM)
i don't know if i'm the only one but sometimes the pain just shoots to my hips (the front side) and even down to my knees.... cry.gif

yah i can relate to that--once it was so bad that my knees and legs were just going numb--i couldnt even walk...
damn, in those situations, id give anything to be a man instead of a woman....too much pain

#19 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:17 PM

Why do you ladies complain about 2-5 day period each month. Men get them for 25-28 days a month when they are married and usually it is the exact reverse of when their wifes periods are.(although scientists still have not figured out why that happens)

#20 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Feb 17 2004, 09:00 AM)
...Somehow I felt connected and was compelled to post my very first post entitled “Weaving around the bush”, which was somewhat of a controversial discussion about a relationship between women and hair. That is where the acceptance began, Seap being the first one to welcome me to the forum, and Azat the second, or rather they were just intrigued by the title of the thread.

HAHA I remember that. was that your first thread here? no wonder I like you so much. and for the record i would have been first to reply to you, but Sip had hacked into my PC just so he could be first. That turkey...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users