International League of Armenian Women

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2000 - 04:42 PM

Sounds real, doesn't it?

Well, I think someday I'd like to make it real. It just came to me the other day. I-LAW, the international league of armenian women. There are so many womens' groups today, even Armenian. But in my experience, the Armenian womens' groups are highly traditionalist and don't address the needs of young independent women who may have broken free from the oppressive chains of Armenian traditionalism. I'd like to create a place for those Armenian women of my generation who find themselves taking the best of both worlds (traditional culture and not so traditional). I think there are issues that we have very unique opinions on, opinions shared not by the traditionalists, and certainly not by the non traditinalists. It'd be the perfect balance. Our aim would be to promote the growth and development of independent and successful Armenian women while maintaining those parts of our culture which we find desirable (i.e. family oriented approach, etc).

Girls, what do you think? We could have a branch in Armenia, a branch in Russia, one in the U.K., the list goes on and on. The organizational efforts will come from the U.S.

Opinions?

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2000 - 07:16 PM

I am not a girl, but I'll comment
I'll be a sponsor of this organisation if your target will be to try to "teach" and raise our traditions among women in the West. That will make our nation be more proud of our women etc.

Thats my suggestion. : )

Artur

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2000 - 08:30 AM

Artur jan, those traditions that are worth passing down will be passed down But I will not contribute to the future enslavement of more Armenian women. You know my views.

Gayane

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2000 - 08:37 AM

You go girl

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2000 - 01:52 PM

Excellent idea, Gayane

We, the Armenian men, would be very interested in leading your organization. I am sure our impartial input would be of irreplaceable value to your organization

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2000 - 02:04 PM

Joker!

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2000 - 02:06 PM

Thank you, Martin

Good one re: leading the organization...lol
However, while you may be in jest, I think the point you bring up is a good one. I've always been critical of the feminist movement for alienating men, making them feel guilty for wrongs they may or may not have committed, etc. Armenian men are such a big part of our womens' lives. I would not only not be opposed to, I would in fact encourage their participation in the process. Personally, I'm all about compromise and communication (lol, anyone who knows me knows that). So yes, absolutely, let's get Armenian men involved, let them voice their concerns, as we will voice ours, and together we just might be able to arrive at a solution with which both sides are comfortable (lol...hey, all social movements start with a dream). At the very least, we'll promote communication and mutual understanding.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2000 - 02:16 PM

Can I be Minister Of Russian Affairs? :: ))

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2000 - 02:31 PM

Sure, Gayane, who else may be better in assisting you to define the perimeters of your freedoms, if not us? We have such an impressive experience in doing so

Always ready to serve such a noble cause of bringing freedom to the oppressed

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2000 - 03:05 PM

Dzer ek arnum, che? Lav, paronayk, yes der dzez tsuyts ktam...lol

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2000 - 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

I've always been critical of the feminist movement...

No way!

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2000 - 10:27 PM

The diabolic image of armenian men is a hoax created by International League of Armenian Women with the sole purpose to keep armenian men together with armenian women. Yes, definitely someone should brake the "dolma" chains.
I say " No Pasaran and Venseremos".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users