Armenian Gangsters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2000 - 02:08 PM

I've just fininshed reading an excellent book called "Tough Jews" By Rich Cohen, which as you may have guessed is about Jewish/American Gangsters in the 20th century.

What with the make-up of New York at the time being mostly Irish, Jewish, Italian, Polish and Armenian, I was wondering if there are any accounts of Armenians involved in this sort of thing. It seems all the others did.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2000 - 03:41 PM

Well Dan, I am not sure about Armenian involvement in organized crime back then, but it is a documented reality now, particularly in Southern California. Unfortunately.!

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2000 - 05:50 PM

I can say one thing...
In Russia, Armenians mostly regarded as criminals... and that is the fact
exaple: My father wanted to do business with one russian firm... And the director of this firm talked with my father and said: Man, Lets this time not to do business in Armenian Way:

quote:
Originally posted by Dan From London:
I've just fininshed reading an excellent book called "Tough Jews" By Rich Cohen, which as you may have guessed is about Jewish/American Gangsters in the 20th century.

What with the make-up of New York at the time being mostly Irish, Jewish, Italian, Polish and Armenian, I was wondering if there are any accounts of Armenians involved in this sort of thing. It seems all the others did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users