10 replies to this topic

#1 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:53 AM

By Edik Symonyan

1. In 714 B.C. the Assyrian Empire invaded Armenia and devastated the country. Sixty four years later in 650 B.C. Assyrian Empire has been defeated and forever disappeared from the World map;
2. In 387 A.D. the Roman Empire treacherously deceived Armenians and made alliance with the Parthians. As a result Greater Armenia has been divided between Rome and Parthia. Eight years later (in 395 A.D.) Rome was destroyed;
3. In 1045 the Byzantine Empire attacked and destroyed the Armenian kingdom of Ani. Twenty six years later, in 1071 Byzantium lost 80% of its territory, which marked the beginning of the end and complete annihilation of Byzantium;
4. Between 1605 1795 the Persian Empire deported Armenian from Caucasus thus destroying and devastating cities and villages and instead bringing waves of Moslems to repopulate the area. Thirty three years later, in 1827-1828 the Persian Empire lost the whole area of Caucasus which eventually led to dissolution of Persia as a state;
5. In 1905 the Russian empire and Emperor Nicolai II started a terror campaign against the Armenian Apostolic Church, confiscating all material belongings of the Church and instigating physical abuse and terror against the Armenian population in the Caucasus. Twelve years later, Nikolai II has lost power and in 1918 along with his family has been executed by a firearms squad. With the death of the Emperor and his family the Russian Empire has been buried and disappeared from the world political stage;
6. In 1915 the Ottoman Empire organized and executed the first genocide of the 20th century against the Armenian people. Three years later, the Ottoman Empire was no more;
7. In 1988-1990 the Soviet Union started anti-Armenian campaign in Nagorno-Karabagh (Artsakh) organizing deportations of Armenians from the villages of Artsakh (Operation Ring). The Soviets remained silent at the times of mass killing of Armenians in Baku, Azerbaijan. One year later, in 1991 USSR was gone with the wind.
  • onjig likes this

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

You can't argue with facts! The moral of the story? Don't mess with Armenians. :ap:

Edited by Yervant1, 26 October 2018 - 10:15 AM.

• MosJan and onjig like this

#3 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:18 AM

Abo gamavor interesting ~ sure would like to see the return of our lands as well ``` There was a treaty in which Armenia was to be given access to the sea ~ it never happened ~ what I wonder will the future bring ```

Thank you great bit of information ```

#4 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

Relax guys, it is exactly how the conspiracy theories develop. You chose certain facts and then apply random reasoning to explain them. Each of these has more than one valid reason to cause whatever happened. That's why I intentionally put the title "Interesting chain of events".
  • MosJan and onjig like this

#5 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:43 PM

Gam Jan my post was more Tongue in Cheek.
  • onjig likes this

#6 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:51 PM

Well ~ things actually happen ~ who says it isn't cause and effect ```

#7 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:59 PM

Yervant , forget this tongue to cheek thing ~ when these som ba na iches do bad to the family ~ they get a smack ~ maybe the Lord give them the smack ~ His mill grind slow ~ but it grind fine ```

Write this down ~ cause I'm gona ask questions later ```

By the way where Mosjan ~ when we need him ```

Edited by onjig, 27 October 2018 - 11:02 PM.

#8 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:07 PM

5. In 1905 the Russian empire and Emperor Nicolai II started a terror campaign against the Armenian Apostolic Church, confiscating all material belongings of the Church and instigating physical abuse and terror against the Armenian population in the Caucasus. Twelve years later, Nikolai II has lost power and in 1918 along with his family has been executed by a firearms squad. With the death of the Emperor and his family the Russian Empire has been buried and disappeared from the world political stage:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this one I didn't know ~ I thought highly of the Romanoffs ~ but if Nicolai came against us ~ in this way ~ then he be a som ba na ich as well ```

• onjig likes this

#9 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

I rather see the Lord help us instead of smacking others, if the Lord is ever involved in politics and ever helped Armenians, we wouldn't be in this sorry state of affairs.  As for the first article, I would say pure coincidence. :)

• onjig likes this

#10 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:08 PM

Of all these events the only event that has some proven relative significance in terms of cause - effect relationship is the foolish and shortsighted attack on Armenia by the Byzantines. They were preoccupied with converting us into their brand of Orthodoxy rather than to see the big picture and what is about to unfold shortly after. If they had the will and the brains to keep the turks on the other side of the Caspian, we would have been living in a very different world.
  • onjig likes this

#11 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:18 AM

Yep that was pretty stupid ~ then the 4th Crusade ~ they were attacked Catholics from the west ~ thousands of knights were killed and Constantinople sacked ~ and the Turks just walked in I'm guessing ~ let me check those dates again ``` 1204 the Latin army sent by Pope Innocent III ~ attacked and looted Constantinople ~ what a mess ```

https://www.historyt...-constantinople

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users