ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Interests:literature

Posted 15 July 2001 - 10:31 AM

JINGOISM (ii)
Divided by clannish warlords of Chinese (Mamigonian), Jewish (Bagratuni) and Assyrian (Ardzruni) descent, defeated and oppressed by nations whom we view as our inferiors, subservient to Turks for six hundred years, massacred, dispersed to the four corners of the world, ours cannot be said to be the past of a proud and great nation. But the worst of it is that, to cover up this fact we have invented a series of big lies and myths which few of us dare to question – myths such as first nation to accept Christianity, the hypocrisy of the West (as if we ourselves were models of straight talk), and the savagery of the Turks (as if savagery were an invention or monopoly of the Turks)….
To those who say, if we have survived, we must be doing something right, I say: why not ask instead: if we have a high mortality rate we must be doing something wrong?
I am saying these things to drive home the fact that we cannot solve our problems by singing patriotic songs and recycling chauvinist crap, or, for that matter, organizing banquets and delivering speeches. To do these things is simply to add hypocrisy and fear of reality to our previous list of vices.

#2 vahan

vahan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:trading

Posted 15 July 2001 - 11:06 PM

ara ,
You seem,to have some aversion,towards,stupid
people and it upsets you,hey...rose turns into garbage but....from garbage arises a new rose (i.e. you and your so called opposites-very similiar !! )Concern your self
with now !1(never mind pakraduni schmakraduni
armenian flag ...crap..)Now and now what can I do ,to help you or anyone else,what can you do help anyone else??compassion is the name of the game..drop your likes and dislikes rise above...then you see the banality of both sides..take a deep breath relax,enjoy life by helping people,and if somebody tells I"m proud of being this or that ...tell him can I buy you a hotdog?bring him to this moment,that is the only thing you have.
love you all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users