Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Gurgen Margaryan :trial:

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#41 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:57 PM

Armenians gotta stop relying on 'the international community'. Historically this is folly.

Take action, take responsibility and accountability and trust no one.

#42 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Sasun @ Feb 27 2004, 05:40 PM)
Domino, I don't think the international community cares.

Unfortunitly it is in situations like that that I feel what a homeland might be.(wanting to do anything to protect a nation that normally I feel aliened from)

#43 Sebastia

Sebastia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ Feb 27 2004, 05:27 PM)
..ask that every new born baby be named after his name.

What's next, are we gonna see Azerbaijan change their name to Ramilistan. Baku to Ramilabad. and name a caspian oil field after him.

Edited by Sebastia, 27 February 2004 - 07:30 PM.

#44 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Sebastia @ Feb 27 2004, 06:58 PM)
What's next, are we gonna see Azerbaijan change their name to Ramilistan. Baku to Ramilabad. and name a caspian oil field after him.

Never know, after calling Armenian carpets with Armenian letters on it, Azeris carpets... I expect anything from them.

#45 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:24 PM

I am beginning to think that there is something deeply different about the Turks, Azeris.They have extremely strange and strong clan mentality(residue of nomadic past), which transcends basic human decency. The shameless lying, the hatred, pathetic sewage quality rhetoric makes me believe that these people seized developing since dark ages.
The simple truth is why Armenians are hated so much is jealousy! Destroy what you don’t have-creativity, intellectuality and productivity.

#46 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ Feb 27 2004, 09:24 PM)
I am beginning to think that there is something deeply different about the Turks, Azeris.They have extremely strange and strong clan mentality(residue of nomadic past), which transcends basic human decency. The shameless lying, the hatred, pathetic sewage quality rhetoric makes me believe that these people seized developing since dark ages.
The simple truth is why Armenians are hated so much is jealousy! Destroy what you don’t have-creativity, intellectuality and productivity.

Bingo.

Well, some of us like to move beyond being mere sheep herders.

#47 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 28 February 2004 - 02:26 AM

You can take the Mongol out of Mongolia but you can't take Mongolia out of the Mongol...

#48 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:41 PM

Armenian Officer Killed ‘In Artsax War Revenge’

www.armenialiberty.org
By Hrach Melkumian in Prague and Ruzanna Khachatrian

An Azerbaijani army officer axe-murdered Lieutenant Gurgen Markarian in Budapest last month to avenge the deaths of fellow villagers during the war for Nagorno-Artsax, according to a leader of Hungary’s Armenian community.

“He has admitted taking his revenge for compatriots killed in his village on February 26, 1993,” Adam Szarkiszjan told RFE/RL, citing information from Hungarian police which are investigating the February 19 brutal killing.

The Azerbaijani authorities say the arrested attacker, Lieutenant Ramil Safarov, is a former resident of the Armenian-occupied Jebrail district south of Artsax and lost relatives in the war. Jebrail was captured by Artsax Armenian forces in the summer of 1993 and there were no major military operations in the area during the period mentioned by Szarkiszjian.

February 26 is also the date of the 1992 capture of Artsax’s Azerbaijani-populated village of Khojaly which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of its civilian residents. Azerbaijan says the massacre was perpetrated by the advancing Armenians, a charge denied by the latter.

In Szarkiszjan’s words, Safarov told the investigators that he had initially planned the killing for February 26 but decided to carry it out a week earlier after Markarian “smiled at him in a kind of suspicious fashion.”

The Armenian officer, buried in Yerevan on Saturday, was hacked to death with an axe and a knife while he slept early in the morning. Budapest police said his head was “practically severed” from his body.

Szarkiszjan further cited Safarov as testifying that he also sought to kill a second Armenian officer who attended an English-language course at Hungary’s main military academy as part of NATO’s Partnership for Peace program. The officer, Captain Hayk Makuchian, confirmed this version of events in a newspaper interview published on Tuesday. Makuchian said his life was saved by his Lithuanian roommate who kept him from opening the door after Safarov started knocking on it.

“Having found my door locked, the Azerbaijani knocked at it for several times and started yelling, ‘Hey Armenian, open up, we are going to slaughter all of you’,” Makuchian told the newspaper “Iravunk” after his return to Yerevan. He said Markarian never locked his door and always ignored his theft warnings saying “Don’t worry, I’m not afraid of anyone.”

“Gurgen was very strong physically, they could only kill him in his sleep,” the captain added.

The Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry has claimed that Safarov had been goaded into committing the gruesome crime by “insulting statements” repeatedly made by his victim.

Makuchian strongly denied this, saying that he and his murdered comrade had virtually no contact with the two Azerbaijani officers. “The Azerbaijanis were real introverts, they didn’t like socializing.”

Szarkiszjan, the Armenian community leader, said that Makuchian and five other participants of the NATO course have already been questioned by the police and that the case will be forwarded to a Hungarian court later this month. He said he is “100 percent certain” that Safarov will not be repatriated to Azerbaijan after his likely imprisonment.

“There is no way he could be taken back. He must be tried under our law and serve his sentence here.”

In Yerevan, Defense Minister Serzh Sarkisian said the Armenian authorities will continue to try to ensure a “fair investigation” into the case and will hire a lawyer who will represent them at Safarov’s upcoming trial. They hope court sessions will be open to the public, he added.

The Armenian leadership has reacted to the Budapest killing with shock and outrage, describing it as a result of “anti-Armenian hysteria” fanned by Azerbaijan. Official Baku dismissed the outcry with President Ilham Aliev suggesting that it was “a common or garden crime.”
  • onjig likes this

#49 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:21 PM

Official Baku dismissed the outcry with President Ilham Aliev suggesting that it was “a common or garden crime.”

yes for a bunch of savages is may be a 'common crime' mad.gif
  • onjig likes this

#50 HOB

HOB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 03:29 AM

http://armenians.com...?showtopic=8634

--------------

Our guys have posted this on other Armenian forums.

The game called “Hero of Azerbaijan”.

1. The maximum size of the file is 400x400
2. The file should have either gif or jpg extension
3. The file should be named as ramil-safarov (e.g. ramil-safarov.gif or ramil-safarov.jpg) or ramil-safarow (ramil-safarow.gif or ramil-safarow.jpg)
4. The original picture of this turkazer murderer is located here http://armenianhouse...imgmisc/582.jpg

http://armenianhouse...opic.php?t=1580

#51 Ararat

Ararat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (Armat @ Feb 28 2004, 03:24 AM)

All this time I tried to find one single condemnation message from Azerbaijan or Azerbaijanis (or even Turks)...

This means there will be no "brotherhood" in Caucasus for next 600 years

#52 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:23 AM

As I recall, there were a couple of articles that came to my mailbox via Groong where some official body in Azerbaijan was offering condolences to the mother. Naive me, the condolences must not have been to the mother of the deceased but to the mother of the murderer for a son in trouble.

#53 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:09 AM

They'd rather choke in donkey dung than express any form of regret.

Remember, they are lost hordes of Djengiz Khan smile.gif

#54 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:03 AM

I thought the expression of condolences was entirely appropriate. "Regret"? I'd regret it if I accidentally caused someone's death. But to feel ACTUAL regret because some psycho, officer or not, hacked someone in their sleep? Regret is not the word in any stretch of imagination. Remorse is probably what you are looking for (and I am open to better suggestions), and condolences express remorse, the dictionary definition of which can include "sympathetic sorrow." An Israeli could feel remorse if a misguided Israeli soldier killed a Palestinian kid and that sparked off uprising in one "peace process" in a series of many. But that is a one-on-one thing - for me there is no difference between a German cannibal eating a German or a Pakistani cannibal eating a Hindu. I can't imagine there being so much nitpicking were similar to happen between a Hutu officer and a Tutsi (assuming there was a Hutuland and a Tutsiland). One can't be expected to feel remorse for every psycho out there because the victim is from a neighbouring country they've been at war with.

Edited by Stormig, 04 March 2004 - 10:04 AM.

#55 HOB

HOB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 03:27 AM

http://www.armeniano...tness/index.asp

#56 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 12:47 AM

ArmenPress
March 10 2004

MURDERER OF ARMENIAN OFFICER SENDS MESSAGE TO HIS NATION

BAKU, MARCH 10, ARMENPRESS: The defense ministry of Azerbaijan has
committed to pay a Hungarian attorney Peter Zala, hired by the
official Baku to defend Ramil Safarov, an Azeri officer who hacked to
death an Armenian classmate, Gurgen Margarian in Budapest on February
An Azeri lawyer, Adil Ismailov, who is steering a committee,
founded in Azerbaijan to defend Safarov, told in Baku upon his return
from Hungary that Safarov was recognized guilty after a test to
identify whether he was suffering from a mental disorder, produced a
negative result. Ismailov said the defense will be based on the
assumption that "as long as the Armenian-Azeri opposition over
Karabagh remains unresolved, similar incidents are likely to happen."
He said he was assured by the authorities that "president Aliyev is
following closely the case of Safarov."
Azeri prosecutors are traveling next week to Budapest to meet with
Hungary's chief prosecutor and hand over all required documents.
According to Ismailov, the investigation into the murder will be
finished in 2 months and only then the date of the trial will be set.
He said Safarov is charged with premeditated murder, facing a prison
term from 15 years to life imprisonment, but did not rule out that
Safarov may be handed over to Azerbaijan to serve his term in his
home country. He also said the government is prepared to defend its
citizen, and added that Safarov addressed a message to his
compatriots, which will be unveiled soon. The commission in defense
of Safarov is said to have collected $25,000 to take care of all
necessary expenses.

Edited by Vigil, 31 May 2004 - 03:42 AM.

#57 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:32 AM

Our boys in Hayastan are already mobilizing.

I would be very surprised if war didn't break out again.

#58 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:21 PM

The Margaryan Trial: Case of murdered Armenian officer to begin in Hungary

By Zhanna Alexanyan
ArmeniaNow Reporter

Court hearings are expected to begin November 23 in Budapest in the trial of Ramil Safarov, an Azerbaijani Army officer charged in the murder of Armenian Army officer Gurgen Margaryan February 19. The two were in Hungary to attend a NATO-sponsored English training program.

Safarov attacked Margaryan, 26, in his sleep. A second Armenian officer, Hayk Mkuchyan escaped Safarov’s attack when alerted by his Lithuanian roommate.

Attorney Nazeli Vardanyan has been appointed by the Ministry of Defense to represent Makuchyan and the family of Margaryan.

Margaryan’s death was mourned last February
Margaryan’s death was mourned last February
The trial will be conducted in Hungarian, interpreted for the Armenian and Azeri sides. It was to have begun in June, however the Azeri side filed an appeal to have the trial moved to Azerbaijan and to have Safarov released from custody. The motions were denied.

It was only a week ago that Vardanyan learned that the trial was about to begin. She says she has not had proper time to prepare, especially as all documents are in Hungarian, and must be translated.

“We will have to translate the documents after we are there,” Vardanyan said. “In fact we are going to get acquainted with the documents of the whole criminal case, as we did not have the right to do that before the case entered the court.”

Preparation time aside, Vardanyan says a strategy has been developed and that she will seek a life sentence against Safarov (Hungarian law does not permit capital punishment). The Armenian lawyer’s role will be to assist Hungary’s Public Prosecutor.

“We need to provide materials, make motions, but the main prosecutor is Hungary’s public prosecutor. We will see in which direction the proceedings go and will prevent it from any kind of deviation from the matter”, says the lawyer without excluding that the Azerbaijani side may try to politicize the hearings.

“We know this is a heavy crime and has been directed against the Armenian ethnos. If Gurgen and Hayk were not Armenians the crime would not have happened,” says Vardanyan. “He must be appropriately punished independent of the political situation or other circumstances.”

Vardanyan says that judging from the Azerbaijani publications the Azeri side will argue for a mild sentence -- 10 to 15 years imprisonment.

The Azerbaijani Day.az internet newspaper reports that Safarov’s lawyer doubts the officer will get a life sentence, due to extenuating circumstances.

A number of Azebaijani human rights organizations are expected to appeal for international organizations to monitor the hearings. According to Azerbaijan’s “525” newspaper, human rights activist Chingiz Hamizade has said the court should investigate various reasons why Safarov committed the crime.

“The place where Safarov comes from is occupied by the Armenians; he has lost close people there. This should be emphasized and taken into notice in the court,” the activist said.

During the preliminary investigation Safarov testified that his relatives had suffered in the Karabagh war and it was revenge that made him murder Margaryan.

“He has insisted he has lost relatives and a beloved girl, but he has not substantiated his words. He has not named anybody and that is not an extenuating circumstance,” Vardanyan argues. “If we follow that logic, any Armenian may commit a crime. His crime is a heavy one and he has to be punished.”
  • onjig likes this

#59 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:37 PM

if need be they will "create" documents of dead relatives and a girl

#60 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:36 AM

Azeri Officer Admits Killing Armenian With Ax

(Reuters)--An Azeri officer who killed his fellow Armenian officer Gurgen Margarian with an ax at a Budapest military academy pleaded guilty in court on Tuesday, saying he took revenge for Armenian attacks on Azeris, Hungarian news agency MTI reported.

"It was not my plan to be so cruel, savage," 27-year-old Ramil Safarov told the court. When asked why he almost severed the head of the victim, he said, "because they did the same to 8,000 people of ours."

In February, Safarov entered the Armenian's room, stabbed him several times with a knife, and struck him repeatedly with an axe, almost severing his head. Both were participating in a NATO Partnership for Peace English language course.

Safarov was charged with committing premeditated murder with extreme cruelty, and faces possible life imprisonment if found guilty, a Budapest Capital Court press official told Reuters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users