3. Loving Mothers
4. Respectful
5. Smart
6. Sexy
7. Good cooks
8. Best housewifes
9. High morals
10. Forgiving

Please, respond whether you agree or disagree and why. Which quality is the most important to you and why. Finally, add or remove reasons why to marry Armenian girls only.

[This message has been edited by surorus (edited November 09, 2000).]

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 09:53 PM

Before adding something to that list I have to consult with Gayane!

Gayane where are you!

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 09:14 AM

Lol, gamavor, add away!!

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 09:29 AM

Surorus,

I totally agree. Although I didn't marry an Armenian, I was fortunate enough to find all that in an odar. Cupid's arrows are not aware of race .

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pilafhead:
Surorus,
I totally agree. Although I didn't marry an Armenian, I was fortunate enough to find all that in an odar. Cupid's arrows are not aware of race .

Some very important qualities of Armenian women I forgot to include, which are being Armenian, speaking Armenian, Belonging to an Armenian church, and Knowing Armenian traditions.

[This message has been edited by surorus (edited November 10, 2000).]

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 10:59 AM

OUCH!

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 11:05 AM

You're missing the other half of the equation--what Armenian women receive in return from Armenian men:

1. Good looking when young. Portly and balding when older.
2. Loyal if the Mrs. isn't around
3. Loving Fathers
4. Respectful some of the time
5. Smart
6. See #1
7. Good eaters
8. Not the best in picking up after themselves
9. High morals on Sunday only
10. Forgiving? Never.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 11:53 AM

quote:
[B]You're missing the other half of the equation--what Armenian women receive in return from Armenian men:

B]

Naw man, the type of Armenian guys you have described usually marry odars.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 01:21 PM

Suro, not nice (considering Mike's wife's background)

Now, Mikey, I'd like to amend your list.. (you just know where this is going, don't ya...lol)

1. Portly and balding when young. Fat and bald when old
2. Loyal sometimes.
3. Loving fathers (that even I can't argue with)
4. Rarely respectful (depends on the man)
5. Smart??? lol, try "insecure therefore pushing their own ideas". Very few truly intelligent armenian men.
6. Very few truly sexy Armenian men, that's if they're single. After marriage, forget about it.
7. Good eaters. Plus their table manners are those of sheepherders.
8. Can you say slob???
9. High morals apply to wife and children,
but never hold themselves to same standard.
10. Forgiving??? Try merciless.

now my FATHER, on the other hand :
atheltic but bald!, loving, highly intelligent, respectful, forgiving, highly moral, an exceptional father, a slob and a good eater with a slight trace of table manners exhibited only in public (lol, hey can't have everything, right...)

now if only ALL armenian men were like that...a girl can dream, can't she..

p.s. btw, with regard to the original topic..lol..

1. Beautiful when they want to look after themselves (we should do this more often, especially married women, single girls always look hot )
2. Loyal to a fault (even to abusive husbands, which sickens me)
3. Very loving mothers with
4. No choice but to be respectful
5. Carefully concealed intelligence (my father once said, after I had dumped a spineless flake who let me control him...lol, he said "if you want to marry an armenian man, don't let him know you're so goddamned intelligent!!"...I think too many armenian women follow this advice, way too many)
6. Sexy when single. When married, forget about it! Shame on them.
7. Cooks by definition. Some are good at it, others terrible. Thank God I'm good at this!!..lol
8. Best housewives, agreed.
9. Moralistic, yes, but way too willing not to hold their husbands to the same standard
10. Much too forgiving. Much too much.

Sorry, all lists from Gayane come with commentary...lol

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 01:50 PM

Dearest Gayane,

You forgot to mention:

1. Rude
2. Cynic
3. Possessive

Regards

[This message has been edited by gamavor (edited November 10, 2000).]

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:
2. Loyal to a fault (even to abusive husbands, which sickens me)

One Armenian woman I know had the sense to leave her abusive Armo husband. Too many don't. Men that abuse their wives are big f*cking pussies who should be shot!<<sorry, it's a hot button issue of mine>>

Back to the topic....

Finding true lasting love with a stable, intelligent person that turns you on, and will be a good spouse and parent for your children is hard enough. Some of you out there are old enough to know this, others are too young to realize it. To limit your selection to Armenians is noble and I wish you the best of luck.

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited November 10, 2000).]

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 02:48 PM

quote:
One Armenian woman I know had the sense to leave her abusive Armo husband. Too many don't. Men that abuse their wives are big f*cking pussies who should be shot!<<sorry, it's a hot button issue of mine>>

Pilafhead jan, please do not apologise. It's quite right something is said AT LAST, from the opposite sex as well as the same.
Although I might understand it's more of an issue for armo wives it's an issue everywhere as well. In Cyprus in my granparents generation the men used to BOAST in the villages about how girlfriends they have then how they go home and beat their wives!!!! BIG MEN HUH!! Why would anyone wasnt to boast about beating someone phisically smaller then them and more vulnerable? Big bullies! And I do not know what the actual statistic is but in Britian about every 10 seconds or something, a woman dies from domestic violence. And those are all the unreported cases!! The sad thing is that a) There are no proper laws to protect them as yet and b) These woman have the type of inbuilt low-self esteem (from abusive childhoods, whatever) that they derve no better, go back to them, ONLE to be killed one day. Then their children learn from it, because they think it's normal and know no better. And the pattern goes on.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 02:55 PM

quote:

Finding true lasting love with a stable, intelligent person that turns you on, and will be a good spouse and parent for your children is hard enough.

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited November 10, 2000).]

Yes this is very true. To any person this is hard enought to find it, let alone keep iit! Some people don't what they have got until they lose it!

With me, I will not narrow my selection down to ONLY this or ONLY that. Like you have said after all love knows no race! It would be nice If I found a lovely half armenian! But it depends all on whever is right for me . And I have learned that any one who puts you down, or makes you feel as if you are somehow less than you are, is NOT the person I want.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
Then their children learn from it, because they think it's normal and know no better. And the pattern goes on.

My mom was smart and ballsy enough to break the cycle. 'Nuff said.

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 03:39 PM

Kazza jan,Im that lovely Half Armenian! I don't wear chains, I dress Gap/Banana Republic, I cook, and no unibrow!

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 03:51 PM

Well...., what CAN i say??..... there aint many like you!!

I also share your interest in cooking. As soon I get them together I shall post some dolma, Spanakopitta(pie), and Kalobrama("Good thing!" it is a sweet cake) recipies for sharing.

[This message has been edited by Kazza (edited November 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Kazza (edited November 10, 2000).]

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 03:54 PM

quote:
My mom was smart and ballsy enough to break the cycle. 'Nuff said.

Really? My mum too! Very good for them both!

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 04:18 PM

Dear Garo,

Its about time to have "love and romance" section here!!!

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 04:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
With me, I will not narrow my selection down to ONLY this or ONLY that.

does this mean you would marry a girl if you fell in love with her???? ))))))))))

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 05:00 PM

Coming soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users