#61 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 26 August 2004 - 10:29 AM

Does not at all in any way meet the definition of being obscene. It is a serious socio-political piece - even if done with humor. It is being censored purly because of personal animosity against me and becaus eof selecrtive censorship.

Legal definition of obscentity - (please read)

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/o002.htm

Link that was removed (please do not do so again) - let viewrs decide (and if the use of the word "Penis" offends you - don't view/listen (forewarned) - and it does not automatically open up - folks can look at site and decide if they wish to view the video.

The only reason you use that link is to insult Christians. It is not only obscene but also offensive to many forumers who are Christian. Moreover, this thread is not about Chrisitianity, you are posting off-topic, so stop trying to sabotage yet another thread/Sasun

Edited by Sasun, 26 August 2004 - 10:36 AM.

#62 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (THOTH @ Aug 26 2004, 11:29 AM)
The only reason you use that link is to insult Christians. It is not only obscene but also offensive to many forumers who are Christian. Moreover, this thread is not about Chrisitianity, you are posting off-topic, so stop trying to sabotage yet another thread/Sasun

bullshit!!!! This thread is about religion and morality - and this video exactly addresses this issue. Furthermore it in no way is obscene - it meets none of the 3 criteria (and the definition states that all 3 criteria must be met to be considered obscene)

I will not accept this censorship.

#63 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 10:47 AM

It meets all the 3 criterias metioned on that site.

#64 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:34 PM

Evil according to (some) Christians: (an exerpt) my comments italicsized...

EVIL DEFINED - Matthew 6:6-12

Webster defines "evil" as an adjective as anything "morally reprehensible, sinful, wicked <an impulse>; anything "arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct," or anything "causing discomfort or repulsion;" "anything causing harm. As a noun it is "something that brings sorrow, distress, or calamity; the fact of suffering, misfortune, and wrongdoing." The words in the languages of the Bible that are translated into the English "evil," mean about the same (my comment - are we so sure?)
What does "evil" look like? We saw how the dictionary defines evil, but how do we define it?

What do you say we let God define it for us. The word "evil" appears 612 times in the King James Version of the Bible, 132 times in the New Testament, so, God has a lot to say about evil. In Romans 1:18-28 He mentions a number of things He considers evil. For the sake of time, I'll not read the entire passage; I'll just quickly list the evils mentioned there.

He said of the Gentile people of that day that they were (1) given to worthless speculation, (this is evil? really?)

(2) they exchanged the splendor of the imperishable God for images like perishable man, birds, four-footed animals and reptiles. (hm - yes quite evil...)

(3) They lusted in their hearts to immorality. (like believe in Jesus and you will live eternally - don't believe and you will die...that sort of thing?)

(4) They degraded their bodies among themselves. (Like by being too embarrased to show skin - I don't understand this one - what can i say?)
(
(5) They exchanged the truth of God for falsehood. (hm - evil if I've ever seen it fer sure...how depraved and damaging...)

(6) They worshiped and served the creation rather than the Creator. (sounds like environmentalists are all damned...)

(7) They abandoned natural sexual intercourse for what's unnatural, (lesbianism and homosexuality). (missionary position only if you please!)

(8) Because they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up to a worthless mind, to practice evil things. (so it is Gods fault after all? And obviously non-belief in God - both evil and showing a lack of intellect - of course...hey God just needs love people...)

(9) They filled themselves with all (10) wrongdoing, (11) wickedness (12) greed, (13) malice, (14) hate, (15) envy, (16) murder,(17) deceit, (18) Meanness, (19) gossip, 20) disloyalty, (21) Inhumanity and (22) they lived unmercifully. [/I]

That is one of the most inclusive lists of evil behavior found in the Scriptures. (must be...I must say I am glad they got around to murder and malice etc - I was beginning to wonder if my idea of evil was just way off the mark...)

(so in light of the former I guess i can better understand this conclusion....whew - a load off my mind...)

CONCLUSION

God put the death sentence on evil. He said, "The day [you do it ML] you shall die." ("Death" means "separation.") And the day the first man and his wife disobeyed God, they committed the first act of evil and he and his wife died --that is, they were separated from God. But of course God knew Adam would commit evil (aha!!), so He built into His plan, a way for reconciliation between man and Himself. When He announced punishment for the evil done by the man, the woman and the tempter, He also announced His eternal plan. It's recorded in Genesis 3:15 and it says, "I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." The plan was to send His only begotten Son to be so abused and slain by sinners as described in that verse, and then His resurrection to a glorious victory of evil. The Scripture says, Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

So, since we've all sinned (done evil), we all come under that sentence of death --separation from God. But by the grace of God we can all be reconciled to God in Jesus Christ, His Son.

Edited by THOTH, 26 August 2004 - 12:35 PM.

#65 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:38 PM

There comming to take you away....

http://www.christianexodus.org/

lol

#66 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:42 PM

I suggest that certain moderators on this forum may want to switch to a forum better suited to their beliefs (and to their philosophy of censorship)

http://www.christian...pBB2&file=index

#67 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:46 PM

Whoo hoo - I knew it - this is what they are after...(from the linked to forum in previous post) - lol

I can't wait for the End of the Current Times! That would mean that Christ has or will return very shortly. Then we will see who was right and who deserves what. That must scare the pee out of the Liberal race of inhumans!
If I were Liberal, I would rather error on the right side of things. How hard is it to do the right thing for 80 years and spend enternity in a really cool place.....or, live it up, break every rule that would make a human out of you and pay for it for all of enternity! Hey thats a no-brainer! I guess those others aren't as smart as they would have you believe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users