#1 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:23 PM

Continuation from THIS THREAD -- Nairi

I do have to tell you that when things like so happened to me and I call customer support and get the answer that the system is down or something I start laughing.  I tell them that they are most likely not telling the truth to me as systems nowadays do not go down that much, but that it is a common answer that they all practice.  If it does happen often(once every 2-3 months i do take my business elsewhere.)

---
Edit -- my bad I accidentally deleted the message you are replying to below! --Sip
---

You know what Hagarag.  You are one boring dude.

I think we should create a forum thread and pin it to the homepage so that it is visible all the time.  it will have all your answers in it.

1. I am bi-curious sexual whatever...
2. My Armenian wife left me...
3. My Armenian wife aborted my 2 children...
4. Those Republican so and sos...
5. My conservative relatives...
6. I look 20 years old...
7. I can pick up much younger women...
8.  The Turks slaughtered by relatives...
9. blah blah blah

And that way everyone will see all your answers and you do not have to post off topic comments

N. And I am circumcised. :lol2:

#2 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:09 AM

Stromy,

How did you know :censored:
  • onjig likes this

#3 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 03:27 PM

Why is that so funny? I have yet to meet a Parska-Hay who is not circumcised... You're not alone Hagarag!

On-topic: I agree with Vava. For quite some time we were able to hide behind "Armenian". Nobody knew us and nobody prejudged us. We were neither Turks nor Moroccans. That was enough reason to be respected among Dutch people. But ever since the great migration wave from the Soviet Union in the last decade, our rep has turned from unknown and harmless, to known and harmful.

As for helping newcomers: if they want help, they'll get it. Sadly most are too arrogant to ask for help, and when you try to give it to them because you notice that they are doing something unacceptable, they diss you as they would do in their own country. I don't want to generalize though. I have also met some very decent Hayastancis who learned very quickly. But sadly, they are not the ones that stand out...

It's not because it's funny. Simply because Azat forgot to add it to his list of "Hagarag knowns"... :)
Then again, I don't know of too many Parskahays that would talk about it like it were a common conversation.

#4 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:44 PM

OH How can I possibly restrain myself from making some sort of reply here!!!! :eek:

But in any case, I think it's important not to deviate this threads too much in directions far away from the subject at hand.

#5 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 07:30 PM

Should we open a new thread? Parskahyes and circumcision - how about it Sip? Azat? (IMO I think, actually, I know that TFC is wrong on this one.)

#6 TimeForChange

TimeForChange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:07 PM

I reiterate what I said above: you guys are weird, really. Let's just hope that few people will read this thread, or people will think we're all weirdos like you. :D

#7 TimeForChange

TimeForChange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:11 PM

Vava, I don't get it, I'm wrong about what? You guys can go ahead and start a new thread - why should I care? You're all grow-ups (though I'm starting to doubt that).

#8 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:05 PM

TFC jan, you're right - this thread has taken a weird twist, and I DID try to bring it back on topic. I'm sorry, I was mistaken when I said you were wrong (I was actually referring to Nairi's quote when she said this:

I have yet to meet a Parska-Hay who is not circumcised... You're not alone Hagarag!

As it so happens, I am parskahye, and ....

#9 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:36 AM

Why is it so difficult to talk about for you guys? I think we should start a new thread: Armenian men and circumcision. Go ahead if you've got the balls :)

#10 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:15 AM

You take my comment out of context. There were no sexual connotations to it. Some were attacking my Judophilia, claiming that I could NEVER be a Jew UNLESS I went to some Rabbi and had a briss at my relatively older age (OUCH!!). That is when stated that all I had to do was, as my brother did, go to Jewish religious classes since I was already circumcized. By the way, my brother is now on his second marriage to a Methodist. I do not think he still pratices the Judaism that his first wife and son practice.

For your information, after World War II almost all American babies were cricumcized. It was standard practice in hospitals especially in the larger cities and especially in the more affluent areas. There are thousands pf Armenian-American men born in the US until approximately 1980 who are circumcized.

#11 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:26 AM

Infant Circumcision: Crime Against Humanity

It's time someone said it, loud and clear: that infant circumcision -- including so-called "religious" infant circumcision -- is an atrocity and a fraud; that it's a brutal, perverse, outrageous violation of a helpless human being's right to his own body; that it's child sexual abuse in its most vicious, most destructive, most cunningly disguised form; that it literally censors a child's life -- kills part of the child -- even if he never realizes it, because it severs him from a uniquely specialized, uniquely sensitive means of perceiving, experiencing, sharing and enjoying his existence; that the reasons given to justify it are myths and lies; that it's the ugliest, saddest, most sickening scandal in the history of medicine and an infamy to societies that tolerate it and to institutions that sanctify it; and that anyone involved even remotely with cutting, tearing, crushing or burning off the foreskins of babies -- or anyone else by force, coercion or deceit -- is as guilty of causing human suffering as the monsters of Auschwitz and in the name of humanity should be exposed, confronted, stopped, brought to trial, and imprisoned.
Regardless of anyone's "reason" for circumcising a baby, the fact remains that infant circumcision is foreskin amputation by force -- the deliberate, irreversible destruction of a normal, natural, functional part of someone else's body -- living, protective, erogenous tissue that is rightfully his and that he instinctively wants to keep intact -- at a time in his life when he can't understand what is being done to him -- or why -- and can't speak for or protect himself.

Infant circumcision is, in other words, human vivisection -- legalized, institutionalized, sanctified human vivisection.

Reason and attempts at persuasion will not deter those who, driven by the compulsion to destroy what they secretly envy but can never have, and desperate to make their own tortured partial penises seem normal -- and for who knows what other god-awful reasons -- persist so relentlessly in defending, promoting, misrepresenting and performing this crippling, disfiguring mutilation.

The birthright of males -- all males -- to keep all of the penis they are born with must therefore be secured by law.

John A. Erickson
Biloxi, Mississippi
March 1998

http://www.sexuallym...d.org/iccah.htm

#12 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:14 AM

i ain't giving up any bit of my ......

#13 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:17 AM

i ain't giving up any bit of my ......

Atta boy Harut! ;)

#14 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:27 AM

Tell me that this is a joke. The only circumsized Armenian I know is circumsized for medical reasons (very bad infection). I thougth that only Muslims and Jews are circumsized but here in US many so-called "Christians" also circumsize their kids. I even met a Roman Catholic who said he is circumsized.

Edited by gamavor, 11 November 2003 - 11:34 AM.

#15 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:36 AM

A while ago someone had asked, "Why is there not a men's issues forum?" Getting a bit too caught up in diatribes, I think I had thought to myself something down the line of - "Because we women deserve more care." Actually, this is not true and I don't really believe it - however it is true in medicine, which is why you have gynecologists but not andrologists - or would that be anthropologists? :lol2:
So I kinda find it weird that "Circumcised Armenian men" has ended up in the "Women" forum. :D

#16 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:41 AM

This topic is TRULY clarifying the issues of the great diaspora. Armenian-American men in their prime career years are almost ALL circumcized, while few of the foreign born are. This is just one indication of the great divide between the two groups. Now multiply this by each of the Armenian diasporas around the globe and you can see how difficult it is to have all work as a group. The Turks killed 2/3 of us and insured that the remainder would be so very disperate.

#17 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:47 AM

Amerika-Hye I'm afraid you are wrong. None of mine American-Armenian friends is circumsized. The one that I mentioned above is an Armenian guy from France, who had to go through this because of serious infection.

Please tell me again that you are Armenian :)

#18 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:52 AM

For the record: I don't think circumcision is an Armenian issue.

#19 -=VAHE=-

-=VAHE=-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:53 AM

How would you know hagarag?? Did you check? lol :) hahaha

Edited by Vahe G., 11 November 2003 - 11:53 AM.

#20 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:54 AM

So I kinda find it weird that "Circumcised Armenian men" has ended up in the "Women" forum. :D

I think this is someone's way of telling us that she's impatient with the proposed name change to 'Gender Issues' as opposed to 'Women'. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users