• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

ՀԵՐԵՏԻԿՈՍ, HERETIC ՀԵՐՁՈՒԱԾՈՂ

Sometime ago when I wrote this,
http://hyeforum.com/...=1
Someone asked what “heretic” means?

From the Greek Haereticus= Literally, “freedom to choose”.
Definition of HERETIC
1 dissenter from established religious dogma; especially : a baptized member of the Roman Catholic Church who disavows a revealed truth .
Examples of HERETIC
The church regards them as heretics.
<Galileo was condemned as a heretic for supporting Copernicus's thesis that the earth revolves around the sun and not vice versa
Հերետիկոս = Հերձուածող.
Հերձ=ճեղքուած, ճեղք(crack/tear), ծերպ means to dissent, to separate, to create a crack, to tear away.
---
From the Greek\'her-ə-ˌtik, 'he-rə-\
Definition of HERETIC 1 : a dissenter from established religious dogma; especially : a baptized member of the Roman Catholic Church who disavows a revealed truth
2 : one who dissents from an accepted belief or doctrine : nonconformist .
Examples of HERETIC-The church regards them as heretics..Galileo was condemned as a heretic for supporting Copernicus's thesis that the earth revolves around the sun and not vice versa.
αἱρετικός, hairetikos:-causing division

---
PS. Upon further searching to see what the Persian word for “heresy/heretic” is, one of it said “منش mensh/menesh?” Verrry interrresting! We will see why. However when I looked up Pers- Anglo for the word it says “nature, disposition”. Do they mean “dis” and “position”? I have to look up the true meaning of “disposition”.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users