100 replies to this topic

#41 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:37 PM

Oh, Vigil are you telling me that Armenians were happy under f**** turkish or arab yoke?!

No, that is not what I am implying, but rather my point is that Armenians should just remain neutral like Turkey and should strengthen their ties with Russia and Iran because their interests coincide with Armenia’s.

America will never confront Israel, Turkey, and Azerbaijan on the geopolitical field because of the fact that regionally Turkey’s and Israel’s regional dominance does not threaten America, but instead Turkey’s and Israel’s regional dominance directly confronts Russia’s and Iran’s interests. America will support the weaker of two regional powers, which at this point is Turkey. It is elementary politics to support the weaker nation against the stronger, which is why American will never want to see a weak Turkey and or Israel.

I just do not like the fact that people like Sip blast Islam when some Muslim nations have helped Armenia more often then the "western" nations they patronize.

It was these same “western” countries in Iraq that promised Armenians military aid during the 2 years it was a independent nation, but they were no where in sight when a threat emerged. Do not get me wrong Iran and Russia has done terrible deeds towards Armenians, but if I had to pick between Russia and American, I would pick Russia just for the shear fact that historically America has always betrayed any nation that did not hold the same geopolitical interests.

The fact of the matter is that American is across two oceans, while Russia is only a few miles away from Armenia, so, in the long run being under the wing of Russia is more beneficial for Armenia.

#42 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:44 PM

Armen, I just feel that Armenians need to remain neutral in any concerns outside of their geopolitical realm. I want Armenia to adopt Switzerland's economic and geopolitical module of remaining neutral, however, if Armenia has to pick between America or Russia, It would be more beneficial for it to side with Russia.

If Armenia sides with America then by default Armenia has to be under the watchful eyes of Turkey because America wants Turkey to be the "watch dog" of that region.

#43 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:45 PM

No, that is not what I am implying, but rather my point is that Armenians should just remain neutral like Turkey and should strengthen their ties with Russia and Iran because their interests coincide with Armenia’s.

America will never confront Israel, Turkey, and Azerbaijan on the geopolitical field because of the fact that regionally Turkey’s and Israel’s regional dominance does not threaten America, but instead Turkey’s and Israel’s regional dominance directly confronts Russia’s and Iran’s interests. America will support the weaker of two regional powers, which at this point is Turkey. It is elementary politics to support the weaker nation against the stronger, which is why American will never want to see a weak Turkey and or Israel.

Agreed!

I just do not like the fact that people like Sip blast Islam when some Muslim nations have helped Armenia more often then the "western" nations they patronize.

Disagreed!

If you are talking about Iran, well yes and no! It is also calculated politics. They don't help you because of your blue eyes (are you blue eyed smile.gif ). They cooperate with you because they need you. Same way we need them.

It was these same “western” countries in Iraq that promised Armenians military aid during the 2 years it was a independent nation, but they were no where in sight when a threat emerged. Do not get me wrong Iran and Russia has done terrible deeds towards Armenians, but if I had to pick between Russia and American, I would pick Russia just for the shear fact that historically America has always betrayed any nation that did not hold the same geopolitical interests.

The fact of the matter is that American is across two oceans, while Russia is only a few miles away from Armenia, so, in the long run being under the wing of Russia is more beneficial for Armenia.

All true, however you conclusions are wrong! In politics, just like in life you should never ever rely on somebody else. You should do always what is best for your personal gain and your interests. If you don't, you will remain forever a loser. That is life.

smile.gif

#44 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Vigil @ Aug 2 2004, 09:37 PM)
I just do not like the fact that people like Sip blast Islam...

Vigil, I'm really trying hard to understand what you're trying to say but statements like that leave me more confused than before I read your posts. blink.gif

Blast Islam? Which forum have you been surfing? biggrin.gif

Edited by Seapahn, 02 August 2004 - 09:51 PM.

#45 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:00 PM

All true, however you conclusions are wrong! In politics, just like in life you should never ever rely on somebody else. You should do always what is best for your personal gain and your interests. If you don't, you will remain forever a loser. That is life.

Yes, you are right, which is why by you're own logic Armenians would be foolish to "aid" Americans in Iraq because of the fact that their own interest will NEVER be achieved by allying themselves with America.

If you are talking about Iran, well yes and no! It is also calculated politics. They don't help you because of your blue eyes (are you blue eyed  ). They cooperate with you because they need you. Same way we need them.

Listen, when did I state that "they are helping Armenians because of our blue eyes"? All I am saying is that Iran, even though it is a radical Islamic nation, will help us more often in the long run compared with the United States.

Edited by Vigil, 02 August 2004 - 10:01 PM.

#46 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:17 PM

rolleyes.gif good grief.

#47 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

Vigil, why you need anybody to help you? Are you handicaped or what? smile.gif

Edited by gamavor, 02 August 2004 - 10:23 PM.

#48 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Vigil @ Aug 2 2004, 09:44 PM)
Armen, I just feel that Armenians need to remain neutral in any concerns outside of their geopolitical realm. I want Armenia to adopt Switzerland's economic and geopolitical module of remaining neutral, however, if Armenia has to pick between America or Russia, It would be more beneficial for it to side with Russia.

If Armenia sides with America then by default Armenia has to be under the watchful eyes of Turkey because America wants Turkey to be the "watch dog" of that region.

Vigil, we cannot be neutral like Switzerland simply becaue the geopolitical realities in our region are different. We need to be flexible, reliable, mobile, act quick and have a strong army. U.S. and Russia sometimes have similar interests and we need to use that, especially in our territory. Besides, the interests of great powers are so complex (interest groups, lobbies, union movements, ethnic groups, military etc.) that often the explicit image of their relationship is very missleading.

It depends on how WE act. If we're effective enough to persuade the U.S., they may change their mind. Americans are never fixed on something as if it is the ultimate truth.

#49 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:32 PM

Is this "Vigil against everone" chess game? I am changing my side guys. Call me a defector but Vigil's energy and determination are inspiring.

#50 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (ArmenSarg @ Aug 2 2004, 10:32 PM)
Is this "Vigil against everone" chess game? I am changing my side guys. Call me a defector but Vigil's energy and determination are inspiring.

Having energy and determination is one thing, having it at the right place is another.

#51 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ Aug 2 2004, 10:34 PM)
Having energy and determination is one thing, having it at the right place is another.

I just hate feeling like hyena cool.gif

#52 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:13 PM

OK, I'm with Vigil again! smile.gif

#53 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (ArmenSarg @ Aug 2 2004, 10:32 PM)

Well, before I knew it I was some sort of Islam blasting, turkey loving, Israel adoring, Armenian traitor. With the exception of turkey loving chef.gif, it's Vigil himself that somehow thinks everyone is against him. Even if you don't say anything, he'll find words to put in your mouth. biggrin.gif

#54 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (gamavor @ Aug 2 2004, 11:13 PM)
OK, I'm with Vigil again! smile.gif

Why are the lawyers always on my opposit sides? I oppose, I think I need a lawyer. biggrin.gif

Edited by Fadix, 02 August 2004 - 11:19 PM.

#55 Aidin-Sabetian

Aidin-Sabetian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (alpha @ Aug 2 2004, 04:13 PM)
Don't blame Islam, it's a peaceful religion hijacked by fanatics. 

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

oh yeah?!?

Should I respect a Nazi? why shouldn't i HATE them?!!!?

-------
I bet you don't have a clue what Sunnah, Quran and Hadith are, and the cock and bull stories in them.
being an atheist I've screwed all these religions long ago tongue.gif

Surah 23. The Believers
1. The believers must (eventually) win through,-
2. Those who humble themselves in their prayers;
3. Who avoid vain talk;
4. Who are active in deeds of charity;
5. Who abstain from sex,
6. Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives)
whom their right hands POSSESS,- for (in their case) they are free from
blame,
Translation: Yusuf Ali Meal which is one of the most valid translations of Quran & it's approved by Al-Azhar university in egypt

wait for more

Edited by Aidin-Sabetian, 02 August 2004 - 11:27 PM.

#56 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:00 AM

(Aidin-Sabetian @ Aug 2 2004, 07:52 AM)
ahhhhh ***in' muslims  again
islam is nothing but a cult of hate and death, the choice religion of 9 out of 10 pedophiles worldwide 

I guess that last one is the catholic priest

Good one, Sip!! biggrin.gif

#57 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:31 AM

It depends on how WE act. If we're effective enough to persuade the U.S., they may change their mind. Americans are never fixed on something as if it is the ultimate truth.

Armen, persuade her with what? Using Armenia as a Turkish, Israeli, and American military satellite, so, that they can further isolate Russia? Like I stated earlier, in the long run it would be more beneficial for Armenia to have good relations with Russia as opposed to America.

In fact the recent drift between America and France, makes sticking to Russia a safer bet in that through Russian they may one day join the EU, but sticking to a nation that directly supports you're rival is just suicide.

However, I am not blaming Americans and or stating that what they are doing is wrong because supporting Turkey is a good geopolitically investment, but morally, it is a bad decision.

Well, before I knew it I was some sort of Islam blasting, turkey loving, Israel adoring, Armenian traitor. With the exception of turkey loving , it's Vigil himself that somehow thinks everyone is against him. Even if you don't say anything, he'll find words to put in your mouth. 

Seaphan, I just do not like the way you buy into this entire propaganda of how the Iraqi opposition is a terrorist group. If Turkish soldiers and tanks occupied Armenia, I am sure; you would be singing a different tune. Their is no reason why America has stationed itself in Iraq and is "rebuilding" Iraq by signing contracts with American construction firms when the only reason Iraq needs “rebuilding” is because of American bombs. To you they may be terrorists, but to the Iraqis they are a liberation front. Like to us Monte was a “freedom fighter” and to the rest of the world he was a known terrorist. I just want you to be consistent with you’re views, that is all.

In no way am I "supporting" terrorism, however, to solely blame the actions on the Armenians is wrong because of the fact that Armenians have been living in some Islamic nations with no problems. However, to blame everything on Islam and or call it an "evil" religion is, equally, wrong and no different then radical Muslims labeling Christianity with a “evil” co-notation.

The bottom line is that when you ever you approach a problem with "aggression" you will always be confronted with "aggression". The American foreign policy is “aggressive” and Imperialistic. If Americans want terrorism to stop they must stop providing weapons to Israel and Turkey. Furthermore, they must stop meddling in the affairs of other nations. In no way does America have the moral justification to invade any country and like John Kerry implied, Americans should first decide if their actions are on the side of God before they assume that they are indeed doing “Gods work” because we all know that a true Christian will never succumb to blackmail.

Arabs are not stupid and know that all the weapons used against them were supplied by the Americans. If America wants "world peace" it should stop selling arms to feuding countries. In fact it should stop selling arms period, but because the bombs are not dropped on Washington D.C., it finds it "ok". Furthermore, it should have a more "universal" foreign policy instead of putting her thumb on nations that may not see, eye to eye, with her.

So, when one of these "arms" is used against her, she should have seen it coming. The only problem is that now, Israel, has made this into a war on Islam instead of Terror. They have successfully connected their regional problems to that of Americas.

In short, I just find it strange that these "terrorist" do not attack Russia, China, and the rest of world, but solely "terrorize" America, Israel, and Turkey. Now, Armenians are being used as a tool to justify America’s aggression and at the same time the Iraqi opposition is using them as a way of “protesting”.

Domino, I have my "energy and determination" in the right place, so, quit trying to assume I am wrong. America will never accept Armenia as a geopolitical ally and if they do it will be on their terms, which means it will be under the terms and jurisdiction of their allies, including, Turkey, Israel, and Azerbaijan.

Vigil, why you need anybody to help you? Are you handicaped or what?

Listen, Gamavor, I will take the above comment with a grain of salt, however, be warned, tone it down a bit because I am not insulting you and or you're friends. In fact you have supported me in the past and I respect you. In fact I respect everyone on these forums, but because I am not quickly influenced by "propaganda" and or the "media", you look at me with a negative co-notation

No, I do not need anyone’s help and I am only referring to geopolitical relations and yes, Armenia needs geopolitical allies because at this point if it was not for the fact that the EU, Iran, and Russia see Armenia as a counter weight to American, Turkish, and Israeli influence in the region, Armenia, would have become Turkey's "vets". The only force stopping Armenia from being silenced on the world stage is the fact that Russia still views Armenia as that last offensive front against American and Turkish influence in that region.

However, once Armenia does settle its international inquiries with Turkey and Azerbaijan, it should push for a neutral foreign policy like Switzerland. Neutrality is the key to success on the world stage.

Seaphan and the rest, this will be my last post on this thread. I just hope that Armenians are not stupid enough to further isolate Armenia from the rest of the world because by declarings it's own war against Islam they will further the rift between the rest of the world and the last time I checked the "rest of the world" does not only include America.

Edited by Vigil, 03 August 2004 - 02:02 AM.

#58 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:42 AM

Armenians should kiss.

#59 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (ArmenSarg @ Aug 2 2004, 09:20 PM)
Actually, I would be more happy to see a normal platoon sent there to conduct police activities.

One dead Armenian soldier is way too many specially that the Iraqi invasion had neither legitimacy nor logical reasons. Why should any Armenian be killed for the mistakes of Bush administration.
I suppose you wont say that so casually if you had a son in the Armenian army!!

#60 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ Aug 3 2004, 07:53 AM)
One dead Armenian soldier is way too many specially that the Iraqi invasion had neither legitimacy nor logical reasons. Why should any Armenian be killed for the mistakes of Bush administration.
I suppose you wont say that so casually if you had a son in the Armenian army!!

I advocated sending a platoon. I would add, that what I meant was a platoon of special forces. First they would aqcuire precious experience. In present world a nation's army must have various kind of experiences and field experience in different parts of world are very important. An officer of a modern army must have these skills. God knows where and what they might need to do. Think big.

Second, a soldier can be killed.

If I had a son in that kind of platoon, yes I would agree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users