Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

ԽԱՉԱԼԵՌ-ԽԱՉԱԼԻՐ- Khachaler ??
I will corrupt the Latin spelling of the place so as to not attract pests.
Խոջալի??
----
We have spoken about the subject to the ground, where “Armenians purportedly and lyingly committed a G against those varmints“??
Anyone know the history of, be it past or present.? Does that place still exist? Is it inhabited? What is it called now?
The only reference I can find is from the Soviet times when it was a taboo to talk about national subjects. It is from the times when Artsakh was officially known as ԼՂԻՄ/NKAO.
Here is a much abbreviated version;

Խոջալի- ուշ բրոնզի եւ վաղ երկաթի դարերի դամբարանադաշտ, Ասկերանիշրջանի համանուն գիւղի մօտ, կարա չայ եւ նրայ վտակ խոջալի չայ գետերի միջեւ…Խ.աչա- թեփէ**

Translation-
kho***i, - an early Bronze and later Iron Age graveyard. The namesake of the karachai river and its tributary kh***li creek.

** Here is where I get the clue to the historical Armenian name of ԽԱՉ-Ա- ԼԵՌ, “Khacha -Tepe “ is an Arm-furk composed of “Khach-Cross” and “tepe-summit”. When did “Khacha Ler/Խաչա Լեռ” turn to kh**alou? Was it renamed for that idiot “k*oja nassreddin” or our own k*oja/hagarag? :P :D

Edit. Remember that in the Hamshen Country there is a mountain Khachkar. They spell it “kackar” daglari;
http://www.adiyamanl...bhtml/a_7_4.htm
Also observe on that same map “ardesen, i.e Ardeshen”

Edited by Arpa, 22 May 2010 - 10:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users