• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NoComment

NoComment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

a film in progress : L´histoire du fils du marchand d´olive / The son of an olive seller
by Mathieu Zeitindjioglou

website
http://www.son-of-olive.com/#intro.A

5 minutes intro

trailer, 2 minutes

More about it
http://www.diasporam...glou/index.html

Posted Image

He need support to finish the movie ...........

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

WHO THE HELL CARES IF A TURK WITH A NAME LIKE ZEITINJIOGLU IS MAKING A MOVIE!!! :angry:
My name is mehmetjigoghlu and I am ermeni. :D :o

Edited by Arpa, 16 August 2010 - 07:12 PM.

#3 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

WHO THE HELL CARES IF A TURK WITH A NAME LIKE ZEITINJIOGLU IS MAKING A MOVIE!!! :angry:
My name is mehmetjigoghlu and I am ermeni. :D :o

Arpa jan,

From what I've been able to google really quickly, the director is a 3rd generation French Armenian who visited Turkey recently in order to make this film. It would seem that his Turkified name was a handy cover - story goes that his grand father Karapet managed to survive the genocide in part due to the adoption of the Turkish name. I don't see anything so terrible about this. Some may argue that to be true to his culture he should perhaps re-adopt his grandfather's original Armenian name... but does the coerced name change not have a place within our culture?

I don't wish to stir the pot - I know you're sensitive about this topic based on your reaction to our poor Isabel B-ian, but such forced name changes are part of the history of our people and provide an indication of the yolk of oppression endured by our forefathers.

#4 NoComment

NoComment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thx Vava.

You got to be killing Arpa, but fortunately morons like you are few.

"It´s the story of a son of the son of a son of an olive seller" -> he didn´t choose his name but inherited it

translate the link below with google translate
http://www.armenews....d_article=63144

"He, with an unprononceable name that he lived "like a nightmare", as a French of Armenian origin he had always to justify that he is not a turc. This name
is especially hard to bear because it comes from his grandfather, Garabed, an Armenian from Turkey who managed to flee the genocide through his surname
Turkified, to finally settled in France"
-> yeah, they indeed speak little about you

"Finally, he doesn´t longer see his name as a curs" -> yeah, thanks Lord and he is as much Armenian as you are, if not more

Now, tell me more about you Arpa "jan", why aren´t you in your "motherland" for instance.....

Edited by NoComment, 17 August 2010 - 12:21 PM.

#5 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

Thx Vava.

You got to be killing Arpa, but fortunately morons like you are few
---

"Finally, he doesn´t longer see his name as a curs" -> yeah, thanks Lord and he is as much Armenian as you are, if not more

Now, tell me more about you Arpa "jan", why aren´t you in your "motherland" for instance.....

Dear Comment. Why am I not in the motherland is because I was not born there, yet fortunately I had a mother who taught me to not have surnames like bokhjian and kakajian. I don't have asurname with that F**** ji ian.
Please don't talk to me until you clean your act and your surname of BOKHJIAN.
You say he inherited his name 3-4 generatons ago ? I inherieted my suraname fro 10 generations ago, and if had a surname of the kind I would first kill myself,I would not need your services Th ank you!!!
And, if that idiot with that damn surname wants to get my attention and assistance he'd better clean up his name.
That dog Davut-OGHLU is the FM of dajkastan kakastan f**key
Is the name of our FM of Armenia "nalbandoghlu" or the name of the President "Sargisoghlu"?
I pray to Aramazt that that idiot Stepan Demirji-oghlu-ian never becomes a president. Until at least he amends his surname to "darbinian" or the like. Even the furks don't have a president named "demirji". What is our problem???
Before you kill me, kill all those eshoghlus and those who have "oghlu and oghlian in their surnames.
You may not know furkish and not know what those damn names mean, and how demeaning and insulting they are. I DO!!
Dear Comment, if you must bring Armenian culture to this forum, please bring people with names like Armenian, Araratian or Masisian. Never mind people with names like eshekjioghlu(ian). You think I am pulling it out my a**? See "katerji-ian, deveji-ian" and more.
Just in case you don't know "kater" is furkish for mule , Armenian "jori/ջորի" and deve is camel, Armenian "ought/ուղտ".

Edited by Arpa, 17 August 2010 - 04:52 PM.

#6 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Arpa why don't you start your own personal forum, set the rules and go with it. Please stop harrasing members merely for posting articles. Every person is free to amend their surnames or not, it's a personal choice and nobodies business afterall nobody appointed you the surname police.

#7 NoComment

NoComment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

wrong answer Arpa,
no one today force you not to move to your motherland, with an Araratian name or ogluglu name, NO ONE, and you know it
it seems that your mother forget to taugh you a lot of things,
and I do understand in a way why you are so "angry" when in the top of that others with oguglu names or whatever succeed to do things, go farther than you....

keep your money and buy donuts, Mathieu Zeitindjioglou didn´t ask no one for help, he is just making a piece of art for public release, and NO ONE force him,
but you still not understand, don´t you

have a nice "hyeforum" life hay fedayin jan

Edited by NoComment, 17 August 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#8 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

a film in progress : L´histoire du fils du marchand d´olive / The son of an olive seller
by Mathieu Zeitindjioglou

website
http://www.son-of-olive.com/#intro.A

5 minutes intro

trailer, 2 minutes

More about it
http://www.diasporam...glou/index.html

Posted Image

He need support to finish the movie ...........

The trailer looks amazing.The animation and ignorance of the Turks etc.Even though I don't speak French I still appreciate the effort.

Arpa has touched upon a subject that few dare venture into.I agree his manner was harsh but his massage is clear.Clean up the Turkish from our names specially when they mean degrading things.I can't imagine a Jew keeping his German family name with insulting references in it.
If I had Turkish in my name I would change it even if it meant positive thing.I don't want to me reminded Turks daily.

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

name=]']]
:msn-cry:
Some of may think that I gloat writing these line, that I lick my chops in glee.
Yes, dear Armat. Sorry to say that our readers' antennas will prop up only when I use "harsh" words.
Please come on over and bring a fresh box of kleenex to wipe my tears as I write such lines. :msn-cry:
Sad ,sad indeed!!
We are such hypocrites. Every April we gather and curse them, when an "Izmirlian" will deliver the keynote address. We are such hypocrites that we amended our surnames to hide our Armenianness to save our necks, some of us went even further and denied their religion and ethnicity. We are such hypocrites, we turn around and blame them for forcing those disgusting surnames, yes, at times we were forced, but most of the time WE did it to ourselves, for whatever reason, like when we would call our neighbor with a handicap** by those insulting and cruel names. WE are such hypocrites that if today one of us would adopt a surname like Smith, Johnson or Angelosian we would supply the rope to hang them at the nearest pole. What’s wrong with having surnames like Jones, Smith , Bostonian/Houstonian etc? When did the Americans genocide us?
If only once in a while we would look in the mirror and see who that HYPOCRITE is.
** I know what I am talking about. Some time ago one neighbor did not know the Surname of the nextdor neighbor, and they did not care. They would refer to them as the lames, the blinds, the hunchbacks, the uglies, the ones afflicted with cerebral palsy, the fatsos*** etc.
***Do you know the furkish words for those handicaps???
SAD!!! SAD!!! SAD!!!
It may not be too long. Shortly when the ones in the west and those in the east squeeze us out of existence those lucky one with furkish surnames may be spared.
I wish I could find the words of that song by Badalian.
Yeghbayr dardzan Hayastan -asseerboobjan(tajkastan)???

Edited by Arpa, 19 August 2010 - 09:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users