#21 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (THOTH @ Jan 12 2005, 10:43 AM)
Well is this a quote from the book or not? Seems like the issue of learn vs remember is covered here and this is what I (acuratly) comented on. I've read this exact type of viewpoint before - its nothing new - and its equally nothing of any merit. I think I have a very good understanding of this issue and really have no need to waste my time reading more of this sort of self-indugent crap.

I meant he does not say that there is nothing to LEARN in life. But when it comes to knowing "Who We Are" it's a process of remembering, not learning.

#22 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:27 PM

Question: Why is the world in the shape it's in?

Of all the questions man has asked of God, this is the one asked most often. From the beginning of time man has asked it. From the first moment to this you have wanted to know, why must it be like this?

The classic posing of the question is usually something like: If God is all-perfect and all-loving, why would God create pestilence and famine, war and disease, earthquakes and tornados and hurricanes and all manner of natural disaster, deep personal disappointment, and worldwide calamity?

The answer to this question lies in the deeper mystery of the universe and the highest meaning of life.

I do not show My goodness by creating only what you call perfection all around you. I do not demonstrate My love by not allowing you to demonstrate yours.

As I have already explained, you cannot demonstrate love until you can demonstrate not loving. A thing cannot exist without its opposite, except in the world of the absolute.

The world is the way it is because it could not be any other way and still exist in the gross realm of physicality. Earthquakes and hurricanes, floods and tornados, and events that you call natural disasters are but movements of the elements from one polarity to the other. The whole birth-death cycle is part of this movement. These are the rhythms of life, and everything in gross reality is subject to them, because life itself is a rhythm. It is a wave, a vibration, a pulsation at the very heart of the All That Is.

Illness and disease are opposites of health and wellness, and are made manifest in your reality at your behest. You cannot be ill without at some level causing yourself to be, and you can be well again in the moment by simply deciding to be. Deep personal disappointments are responses which are chosen, and worldwide calamities are the results of worldwide consciousness.

Your question infers that I choose these events, that it is My will and desire they should occur. Yet I do not will these things into being, I merely observe you doing so. And I do nothing to stop them, because to do so would be to thwart your will. That, in turn, would deprive you of the God experience, which is the experience you and I have chosen together.

Do not condemn, therefore, all that you would call bad in the world. Rather, ask yourself, what about this have you judged bad, and what, if anything, you wish to do to change it.

Inquire within, rather than without, asking: "What part of my Self do I wish to experience new on the face of this calamity? What aspect of being do I choose to call forth?" For all of live exists as a tool of your own creation, and all of its events merely present themselves as opportunities for you to decide, and be, Who You Are.

This is true for every soul, and so you see there are no victims in the universe, only creators.

Events, occurrences, happenings, conditions, circumstances - all are created out of consciousness. Individual consciousness is powerful enough. You can imagine what kind of creative energy is unleashed whenever two or more are gathered in My name. And mass consciousness? Why, that is so powerful it can create events and circumstances of worldwide import and planetary consequences.

At some level you have all created what which you say you detest - and, having created it, you have chosen it.

This is an advanced level of thinking, and it is one which all Masters reach sooner or later. For it is only when they can accept responsibility for all of it that they can achieve the power to change part of it.

So long as you entertain the notion that there is something or someone else out there "doing it" to you, you disempower yourself to do anything about it. Only when you say "I did this" you can find the power to change it.

It is much easier to change what you are doing than to change what another is doing.

There is only one reason to do anything: as a statement to the universe of Who You Are.

Used in this way, life becomes Self creative. You use life to create your Self as Who You Are, and Who You've Always Wanted to Be. There is also only one reason to un-do anything: because it is no longer a statement of Who You Want to Be. It does not reflect you. It does not represent you. (That is, it does not re-present you ...)

If you wish to be accurately re-presented, you must work to change anything in your life which does not fit into the picture of you that you wish to project into eternity.

In the largest sense, all the "bad" things that happen are of your choosing. The mistake is not in choosing them, but in calling them bad. For in calling them bad, you call your Self bad, since you created them.

This label you cannot accept, so rather than label your Self bad, you disown your own creation. It is this intellectual and spiritual dishonesty which lets you accept a world in which conditions are as they are. If you had to accept - or even felt a deep inner sense of - personal responsibility for the world, it would be a far different place. This would certainly be true if everyone felt responsible.

The world's natural calamities and disasters are not created by you specifically. What IS created by you is the degree to which these events touch your life.

These events are created by the combines consciousness of man. All of the world, co-creating together, produces these experiences. What each of you do, individually, is move through them, deciding what, if anything, they mean to you, and Who and What You Are in relationship to them.

Thus, you create collectively, and individually, the life and times you are experiencing, for the soul purpose of evolving.

You've asked if there is a less painful way to undergo this process - and the answer is yes - yet nothing in your outward experience will have changed. The way to reduce the pain which you associate with earthly experiences and events - both yours and those of others - is to change the way you behold them.

You cannot change the outer event (for that has been created b the lot of you, and you are not grown enough in your consciousness to alter individually that which has been created collectively), so you must change the inner experience.

Nothing is painful in and of itself. Pain is a result of wrong thought. It is an error in thinking. Pain results from a judgment you have made about a thing. Remove the judgment and the pain disappears. Judgment is often based upon previous experience. Your idea about a thing derives from a prior idea about that thing. Your prior idea results from a still prior idea.

All thought is creative, and no thought is more powerful than original thought. That is why this is sometimes called original sin. Original sin is when you first thought about a thing is in error. That error is compounded many times over when you have a second or a third thought about a thing.

Edited by Sulamita, 12 January 2005 - 02:29 PM.

#23 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

For the record, I do not take all of his ideas at face value. But I do find most of it interesting and "logical."

Edited by Sulamita, 12 January 2005 - 06:09 PM.

#24 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:12 PM

I visited Walsh's website and read his biography. What was special about him that he got to have "conversations" with God? Isn't it a bit suspicious that as he was living in poverty he suddenly starts having those conversations? What a nice way to make money. dry.gif

#25 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Jan 12 2005, 08:12 PM)
I visited Walsh's website and read his biography. What was special about him that he got to have "conversations" with God? Isn't it a bit suspicious that as he was living in poverty he suddenly starts having those conversations? What a nice way to make money. dry.gif

biggrin.gif

#26 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:29 PM

BTW, how's my new Avatar?

#27 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:30 PM

would someone please kill me. I am going to start giving warnings to those with black boxes for avatars...

#28 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Jan 12 2005, 05:12 PM)

I don't care much if he really had conversation with God or came up with these on his own, or "took" the ideas from someone else. His books make sence to me and feel close to how I feel about spirituality.

I'm not preaching, nor saying that THIS IS THE WAY. It's just one prospective ...

#29 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:55 PM

I read the first page and put the books away for good.It was given to me by...anyway the reason it sold millions becouse people desperatly want to believe.
Sasun if you read even two pages you'll agree.

#30 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Sulamita @ Jan 12 2005, 08:51 PM)
... and feel close to how I feel about spirituality. 

I have no argument with how you feel and I do respect it, even though I don't share it. My posts regarding such topics usually revolve around what is known, what is not known, what can be known, and what can't be known. Feelings and faith is not something I would even pretend to understand, let alone try to argue against or for!

#31 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Sulamita @ Jan 12 2005, 06:51 PM)
I don't care much if he really had conversation with God or came up with these on his own, or "took" the ideas from someone else.  His books make sence to me and feel close to how I feel about spirituality. 

I'm not preaching, nor saying that THIS IS THE WAY.  It's just one prospective ...

OK.

#32 shaunt

shaunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:58 PM

I have never heard of this book, but if you enjoy books of that ilk, check out the books of Emmanuel Swedenborg.

#33 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jan 12 2005, 09:56 PM)
I have no argument with how you feel and I do respect it, even though I don't share it. My posts regarding such topics usually revolve around what is known, what is not known, what can be known, and what can't be known. Feelings and faith is not something I would even pretend to understand, let alone try to argue against or for!

You`re truly a smart guy Sip. smile.gif

#34 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (shaunt @ Jan 13 2005, 06:58 PM)
I have never heard of this book, but if you enjoy books of that ilk, check out the books of Emmanuel Swedenborg.

Just as an aside - both our children were baptised into the Swedenborgian Church BTW...

http://www.wayfarerschapel.org/

Edited by THOTH, 13 January 2005 - 06:19 PM.

#35 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (shaunt @ Jan 13 2005, 03:58 PM)

Thank you. I will.

#36 Ludwig9

Ludwig9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:50 PM

Its one of the most absolute self centered and egotistical books I have read.

#37 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Ludwig9 @ Jan 21 2005, 04:50 PM)
Its one of the most absolute self centered and egotistical books I have read.

I agree with you on that part but there are some interesting ideas that one can pick out if it.

#38 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Jan 12 2005, 08:12 PM)

What is the URL Anoushik, I would like the check it out. Thanks.

#39 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ Jan 12 2005, 09:55 PM)
I read the first page and put the books away for good.It was given to me by...anyway the reason it sold millions becouse people desperatly want to believe.
Sasun if you read even two pages you'll agree.

What do you mean Armat?
I read the posts on this thread and I must say he makes a lot of sense to me. The only thing I should point out, the language is not articulate enough. Some points I don't understand clearly. Overall, I give a big plus based on this thread alone.

#40 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jan 12 2005, 09:56 PM)
My posts regarding such topics usually revolve around what is known, what is not known, what can be known, and what can't be known.

We know what is known, and we know what we don't know. But how can you tell what can be known and what can't be known?
In the past humanity had very little scientific knowledge. Some were curious and brave enough to plunge into the unknown realms, understand and make them known. Had they thought that what is not known is unknowable they would stay in stagnation and ignorance.
Now imagine the things that we don't know, and if you say that those things we cannot know, I highly doubt, based on the past experience alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users