• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

All right everyone smile.gif

Like I stated somewhere else, 2007 is coming to an end. Time flies! To welcome 2008 in a positive light, let's take the time to reflect what we've experienced in our virtual, beloved Hyeforum, not only in 2007, but in general since we've been members. Some of us have been here since the beginning of Hyeforum, and some of us just joined a few days ago! Let's look back and remember the high points in Hyeforum, talk about memorable threads, and discuss what we can take away from Hyeforum thus far smile.gif

Thoughts to consider:

Why do you like Hyeforum?

What does Hyeforum mean in your daily life as an Armenian?

How often do you visit Hyeforum, and could you stay away from Hyeforum for a week even if you had the time to visit it? Who'd even want to try that experiment? tongue.gif

What do you like about the members of Hyeforum?

Do you have any fun memories you'd like to share from Hyeforum?

How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and Hyeforum was gone?

Let's make this into a positive and fun discussion! Feel free to come up with your own points of thought. But please, stay away from any negative thoughts or comments. This thread is meant only for positive thoughts and feelings smile.gif

#2 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

What I like about Hyeforum... it's my virtual home! I grew up here. I formed my solid identity as an Armenian here.

It's tough living in a foreign country, going to school with people from other nationalities, backgrounds, and religion and trying to keep your identity. It's even tougher when one is a recent immigrant. At least first-generation born Americans, even if their parents are from other nationalities, they can take part of the American culture and not feel quite so lost. But when one is a young student in a foreign land (and I had to experience that three times), learning a new language and feeling isolated, Hyeforum was such a revelation. I joined in 2003 and didn't quite realize for some years the impact of Hyeforum in my daily life. But now, four years after, I consider my decision to join Hyeforum to be a very wise decision! I learned about the Armenian history, culture, and language in Hyeforum. Where else would I have the ability to learn so much about our beautiful culture? And on top of that, I got to know so many wonderful people here, people who I consider to be very close to my heart. Some of them I haven't had the chance to meet, and some of them I've been very lucky to meet. Even if in our busy lives those kinds of meetings are very scarce, it still doesn't hinder to call some members of Hyeforum my very good friends. The most important thing is that we get each other smile.gif

#3 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:24 PM

Anoushik jan, very interesting topic!!!

Why do you like Hyeforum? It is one of the few places where I can freely express myself and yet when I get an answer back wether it is positive or negative, I feel good and reliefed about it... there are not too many places where you can express youself and be corrected withough getting offended, here you don't get offended because of the people around you, all of them are good people and especially very educated and smart!!!

What does Hyeforum mean in your daily life as an Armenian? Wow, I don't recall how many days I have been a member, but in this few days it plays a huge role in my daily life, I can't let the day pass unless I have at least 20 posts... It's driving me nuts if I don't talk to you all!!!

How often do you visit Hyeforum, and could you stay away from Hyeforum for a week even if you had the time to visit it? Who'd even want to try that experiment? I visit HyeForum every minute if possible, unless I have something to do... but I can't imagine not reading the topics and replies the same day, can't wait till tomorow... too eager to do so!!!

What do you like about the members of Hyeforum? Everything: they all are friendly, helpfull, cheerfull, smart, etc...

Do you have any fun memories you'd like to share from Hyeforum? Not so much, but i would say everyday has been fun and it's being shared in the posts!!!

How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and Hyeforum was gone? Mos jan, tents ban chanes... teche yes kezayranam u hatsadul kanem...

Very nice topic again, I like it!!!
Yours trully Ashot!!!

#4 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:24 PM

I just like to say Hyeforum is what we make of it, it belong to all of us/you
keep it clean as you would keep your own homes clean

respect
love and honour each other, none of us is above or below to anyone

thats all

apres Anoushik

#5 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:35 PM

Great topic Anushik jan.
Let me first say why I joined the forum then later we can talk about the reasons why I am still here. Prior to joining the forum I would visit it on and off for about a year. At the time I was living in the east coast and did not have much connection to Armenian things and the forum was my way of keeping up on time of the stuff going around with other Armenians.

The thing that provoked me to join was an intellectual argument amongst 2 former members about the energy crisis we were having in California of the Grey Davis days, Alpha and Martin(MJ). Might I say I got a good lashing from martin but since those days I have gotten to know Martin much better and would stand by his side in support of him day in and day out.

Like today we had many great members and in my opinion the topics covered were of much more interest(to me). Movses, Nvard, Gayane, Aneta, you, Extra, Alpha, Pilaf, vava, Garik was a regular contributor, Raffi, Fadiushka was more of a contributor in those days, Maral, Sip and Harut were more active, Boghos and many more. As time has gone by the forum has evolved and so have the members. Some of us are more active and some of us due to work and life circumstances are less but it is still the best virtual home that many of us have.

This forum and the friends mean a lot to me. I have spent some of my happiest days here and I have spent some of my dark days here. Forum members were with me when my mom passed away and they have been with me when I have been having the time of my life. I have met many of you as you know and consider many of you as my friends.

I guess if I am forced to I can spend time away from here but why should I. I enjoy your company to stay away from this place for too long.

I do know one thing. If I were to wake up tomorrow and see this forum gone it would make me extremely sad. Movses has provided this great opportunity for all of us and we should all appreciate the time and money he has spent on this forum for all of us.

I hope that in 20-30 years when Im an old fart I can come here and still say hello to all my hyForum buddies.
--
Edit note: I knew I would forget smoe names. Ed and Rubo(I love them both) were also great contributors(Ed still is unfortunately Rubo is not as much).

Oops another one. Gamavor. how can one not love the guy?

Edited by Azat, 26 December 2007 - 03:40 PM.

#6 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Dec 26 2007, 03:35 PM)
I hope that in 20-30 years when Im an old fart I can come here and still say hello to all my hyForum buddies.

Amen to that brother!

#7 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

Azat jan one more ops bro

Arants Arpa el forum chka.

OK I'm being very serious here, if anyone who pushes the wrong botton on Arpa has to deal with me

Arpa jan its all OK mets yexpayr

#8 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:10 PM

Thanks everyone so far!

I've wondered about this for a while now. How did you all learn about Hyeforum in the first place? Do you remember? I can't remember how I came about Hyeforum. I must've searched for something about Armenia or Armenians, but I don't remember exactly how I stumbled upon this great forum. I know I wasn't looking for a "forum". I wish I could remember!

#9 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Dec 26 2007, 04:10 PM)
Thanks everyone so far!

I've wondered about this for a while now. How did you all learn about Hyeforum in the first place? Do you remember? I can't remember how I came about Hyeforum. I must've searched for something about Armenia or Armenians, but I don't remember exactly how I stumbled upon this great forum. I know I wasn't looking for a "forum". I wish I could remember!

Anoushik jan, personally I know HyeForum trough one and only MosJan, him and his brother are my best friends...
In regards to where you know HyeForum I may be able to remind you - www.Armenians.com

#10 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

I hate talking about this but here goes ...

A little over two years ago, I drastically changed my life... I took (my then 8 months old) daughter and left my husband for good. I moved in with my parents and started building a new life for my daughter and I. I enrolled back in school (I had dropped out of college halfway through...big mistake) and started to find myself again.. at that point in my life I did not have a clear idea of who I really was. SO much of my "identity" was created for the benefit of others. Over a few years time, I had turned into a person I did not recognize nor wanted to be.

So, after leaving that life behind, I gave myself permission to explore the world outside of my room, my books and my baby. The internet was my exit from my daily life of studying and raising a young child. Long story short, I discovered forums. I was set! I had found a way to make a connection with people, to share ideas, discuss things while still being near my daughter. And the magic of it all was that no one knew who I was, what I was going through.. I was free to share as much or as little of myself as I saw fit.

When I found HF, I was already a member of another forum, was posting regularly. But I found HF to be very intimidating... I was afraid to voice my opinions amongst these very intelligent, wise people. I was afraid I'd get laughed at. smile.gif Plus, my Armenian writing is so poor that I was afraid to look like a fool. I wont even mention that 30% of my Armenian vocabulary consists of Russian words. tongue.gif

When I did slowly start posting, I got really into it. Movses was very supportive and others also made sure to include me and get back to me on my posts; topics of interest. I cannot stress how much this place helped me out during countless nights during which I felt completely hopeless. I found this place to be a refuge, I escaped the reality of my real life by going back and reading almost( every single thread ever posted). I began to feel like I knew certain members, it was a weird kind of tie that kept me in this place. In short, I found a part of my true identity here– amongst strangers. smile.gif

I cannot imagine parting from this place. After my daughter goes to bed, it is the last thing I check and the first page I open up each morning at work. I am definitely addicted. And I cannot imagine not having this place to come to. I really enjoy the company and input of the people here. And I truly believe that Movses is responsible for keeping this place as it is. We just have to keep up his hard work. As Edward said, lets treat it as a home—for many of us, is it not just that? Many of the members here have become extended family and definitely my FRIENDS!

#11 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Edward @ Dec 26 2007, 01:59 PM)
Azat jan one more ops bro

Arants Arpa el forum chka.

OK I'm being very serious here, if anyone who pushes the wrong botton on Arpa has to deal with me

Arpa jan its all OK mets yexpayr

for sure. Arpa is awesome. yes he gets upset and tells people off at times, but I respect the man.

#12 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

EM124 hug.gif
you're a brave woman smile.gif
like you I also use these forums to connect to other people who have similar intersts as mine,but now I only visit 2 one is this one and the other is a plain ol' boring womans forum smile.gif
and since I'm behind this computer screen,none of you will ever know how boring I am smile.gif

I would have to write several paragraphs to explain to you all how much this place means to me,I have learned so much about our culture,about human nature(the good and bad),I've been entertained A LOT,the entertainment I enjoyed here saved me from tearing my hair out and jumping off the roof several times;),I have kept my family updated on several Armenian issues,and just general life issues and events,I thank you all....I have made several friends,our chats are far and few in between,but I do think of them often and wonder how they are doing,but don't want to be too much of a mommy and nag wink.gif...and I've made one very special friend, I owe this person a lot for saving my sanity and making me feel like I wasn't so alone out here....ok enough of the mushy stuff smile.gif
you all (that was a lie,most of you) are smart,interesting,humorous and some are just plain ol' annoying tongue.gif

Anoushik,good thread girl!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Edited by Maral, 26 December 2007 - 05:06 PM.

#13 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Dec 26 2007, 05:55 PM)
for sure. Arpa is awesome. yes he gets upset and tells people off at times, but I respect the man.

as long as he's not telling ME off,I respect him smile.gif

#14 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Maral @ Dec 26 2007, 03:03 PM)
EM124 hug.gif
you're a brave woman smile.gif
like you I also use these forums to connect to other people who have similar intersts as mine,but now I only visit 2 one is this one and the other is a plain ol' boring womans forum smile.gif
and since I'm behind this computer screen,none of you will ever know how boring I am smile.gif

I know... smile.gif

#15 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Dec 26 2007, 06:40 PM)
I know... smile.gif

BORING PEOPLE UNITE punk.gif

Edited by Maral, 26 December 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#16 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Maral @ Dec 26 2007, 05:46 PM)
BORING PEOPLE UNITE punk.gif

Maral jan, out of the people out here, I would have to say, You don't know me but... from what i have seen you are not boring, I actually enjoy reading teh stuff you write, so don't even think you are boring... keep on writing we love reading your stories too!!! rockon.gif

#17 Balaclava

Balaclava

julik jurnalist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

Why do you like Hyeforum?

I like hyeforum, however, sometimes I see discussion that make me wonder if I am in ameriga-hyeforum, parska-hyeforum, beyruta-hyeforum, rusa-hyeforum and so forth-hyeforum. I would like to see hyeforum as a unity forum for all people of Armenian nation and people of the entire world too, where they would forget about cheesy talks like: why do we talk in Russian and not Grabar, why do we eat pilmeni and not tolma and so forth.

What does Hyeforum mean in your daily life as an Armenian?

Depends. So far I do not feel a true Armenian spirit in here. For some reason some mean men make this forum look like a Majlis (an Islamic Parliament.)

How often do you visit Hyeforum, and could you stay away from Hyeforum for a week even if you had the time to visit it? Who'd even want to try that experiment? tongue.gif

I am a free man.

What do you like about the members of Hyeforum?

It is the fact that they devote their time to this forum. They are heroes.

Do you have any fun memories you'd like to share from Hyeforum?

Oh yeah! Some members crack me up. Like one yesterday, who said something like "…can I use Kiai over the Internet to knock out someone?"

How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and Hyeforum was gone?

I would feel like: Ouuh??! It appears that my Web Browser needs an upgrade!

#18 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Balaclava @ Dec 26 2007, 07:00 PM)
I would feel like: Ouuh??! It appears that my Web Browser needs an upgrade!

Bro miamit achqer mi ara, you'll be like what did I do now??? lol

#19 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

Oh yeah! Some members crack me up. Like one yesterday, who said something like "…can I use Kiai over the Internet to knock out someone?"

I'm still practicing.... smile.gif

#20 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:19 PM

inchpes kareli e hartsnel, "balik jan, muraba sirum es?"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users