• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 hunny

hunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 11:04 AM

what do you people think about finding love on the net?

Edited by hunny, 07 September 2003 - 11:05 AM.

#2 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 07 September 2003 - 11:43 AM

On the internet this woman ->Posted Image

Can pretend to be this woman ->Posted Image

#3 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 11:47 AM

In the end she will have to show her true face. Then there will be NO pretending.

#4 Meaghan

Meaghan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 01:01 PM

Finding love on the internet is decieving. But that is kind of how I met my boyfriend. We've been very happy together!

#5 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:08 PM

what do you people think about finding love on the net?

Net is just a communication medium. So "finding love on the net" is really no different than "finding love in person", "finding love on the phone", "finding love using telegraph", "finding love using two-way radio", "finding love using hand signals", "finding love by having a pigeon take letters back and forth", "finding love by screaming from one house to the next", etc

In all of the above, there is a communication medium at work that creates a link between two brains. People seem to prefer the person-to-person kind of "love" due to traditional reasons and the fact that it's the only one that allows for physical contact as part of the communication but ANY one of those can be just as real. The physical one obviously has tremendous advantages where romantic and sexual "love" is concerned ... but not all "loves" immediately start off as sexual and I think that's what you are asking.

... on the other hand, ANY one of those can be just as fake.

#6 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:09 PM

just 'cause someone can type well, does NOT mean they can speak well!!! i know people who are kind o' shy in real life, but all fun and daring online... then there are those like me!! crazy online, crazy offline ;) ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:13 PM

Net is just a communication medium. So "finding love on the net" is really no different than "finding love in person", "finding love on the phone", "finding love using telegraph", "finding love using two-way radio", "finding love using hand signals", "finding love by having a pigeon take letters back and forth", "finding love by screaming from one house to the next", etc

In all of the above, there is a communication medium at work that brings two brains together. People seem to prefer the person-to-person kind of "love" due to traditional reasons and the fact that it's the only one that allows for physical contact as part of the communication but ANY one of those can be just as real.

... on the other hand, ANY one of those can be just as fake.

sip jan, interesting choice of words!! why 'bring two brains together?'...you could have said two hearts!! :) ...or two...never mind! i don't want to get kicked out of this site!! --gotta tame the crazy 'bruin-- ;)

#8 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:13 PM

just 'cause someone can type well, does NOT mean they can speak well!!! i know people who are kind o' shy in real life, but all fun and daring online... then there are those like me!! crazy online, crazy offline  ;) ...... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

what's so special about speaking well? Is it a requirement for "love". I say probably not!!! Deaf-mute people can "love" as well.

#9 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:17 PM

what's so special about speaking well? Is it a requirement for "love". I say probably not!!! Deaf-mute people can "love" as well.

funny you said that!!!!!!!!!! oh my god!!! just when i think weird stuff can't happen to me ANYMORE!!!! this deaf-mute guy came up to me!! let's just say i never had that kind of 'conversation' with anyone ever before!!! ----he was writing and so was i, just for the fun of it!! :P --- he wasn't my type anyways!! :( ---but i admire the fact that he had the BALLLLLLS!! that's always impressive! even if i'm not interested!! B)

#10 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:31 PM

Sip, that avatar of yours is starting to get on my nerves! :lol:

#11 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:34 PM

On the internet this woman ->Posted Image

Can pretend to be this woman ->Posted Image

But Azat, why a beatiful lady like the first picture claim to be a less beautiful one like the second picture? Is it time for me to change my glasses? :lol:

Edited by Fadix, 07 September 2003 - 07:38 PM.

#12 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:47 PM

Domino, that is exactly what I was wondering too. :)

#13 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:53 PM

Hey, next time we go out somewhere and we see those two together, I'll keep the second one busy while you two (Domino and Azat) try your chances with the first. It's the LEAST I can do for my buddies. :)

#14 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 08:26 PM

Sip, that avatar of yours is starting to get on my nerves!  :lol:

hey hey hey HEY there!! don't be dissin' the little nerd!! i love that pint sized guy!!! :P

#15 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 08 September 2003 - 10:03 AM

... then there are those like me!! crazy online, crazy offline ;) ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats the spirit!

And yeah - I would say I too am pretty much no/little different on line versus off...perhaps a rarity - don't know...but perhaps in the presence of your radiance I would become like Bashful :unsure: or Dopey :P ...who knows - maybe even sneezy (depends on your perfume...) - LOL...but certainly Happy I imagine...and doubtful i would be Grumpy! :taz: (so whose left?) :naughty:

#16 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:08 PM

Thats the spirit!

And yeah - I would say I too am pretty much no/little different on line versus off

Having met you, I have to disagree.

#17 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:15 PM

hey hey hey HEY there!! don't be dissin' the little nerd!! i love that pint sized guy!!! :P

I neet to find a suitable avatar for myself. But, right now, a picture of a run-over cat might be most suitable - so maybe I should leave it blank until brighter times come.

#18 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:13 PM

Thats the spirit!

And yeah - I would say I too am pretty much no/little different on line versus off...perhaps a rarity - don't know...but perhaps in the presence of your radiance I would become like Bashful :unsure: or Dopey :P ...who knows - maybe even sneezy (depends on your perfume...) - LOL...but certainly Happy I imagine...and doubtful i would be Grumpy! :taz: (so whose left?)  :naughty:

you're hillarious thoth!! i would have so much fun with a single guy who has your kind of mentality/humour and wit!!! of course!! gotta be witty!!!! :rolleyes: ....you covered all the bases with the dwarves...and i know exactly who you left out! ;) ~~~ one of my co-workers today said to me that i show so much facial expression, i should have my own sitcom! don't know if that's a good thing! but co-workers usually think of me as funny and crazy...again, i'm only hoping that's a good thing!! :lol: :lol:

#19 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 09 September 2003 - 09:06 AM

you're hillarious thoth!! i would have so much fun with a single guy who has your kind of mentality/humour and wit!!! of course!! gotta be witty!!!! :rolleyes: ....you covered all the bases with the dwarves...and i know exactly who you left out! ;) ~~~ one of my co-workers today said to me that i show so much facial expression, i should have my own sitcom! don't know if that's a good thing! but co-workers usually think of me as funny and crazy...again, i'm only hoping that's a good thing!! :lol: :lol:

Why thank you Bruin...unfourtunatly many people haven't learned the lesson to enjoy life & have fun (and to let things go...)...and yeah - it can be effort - there are always things to bring one down...but if you let that rule the day - what do you have left..?

and "funny & crazy" - of course thats a good thing! Don't ever change!

#20 fightsport

fightsport

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:martial arts / human relations /

Posted 11 September 2003 - 01:53 AM

:P I totally agree with you AZAT about girls or women descirbing themselves differently as they appear in real life. I got calls from a few freinds on different occasions and ended up having a few "run-ins" with such women. Its funny because I ( the nice guy ) always end up talking to them ( and just only talk :no: ) no matter what they look like while my friends try to escape by coming up with excuses to leave. To sum it up ... NO I HAVE NOT EVER HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE IN "INTERNET LOVE"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users