Photo

Our Noah's Ark

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Our Noah's Ark

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you believe this theory?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

Arpa, if you keep making prophecies like that, I'm going to order a bunch of tea on my credit cards and ship them to you. There's a good deal going on on Amazon right now I'm sure.

I prefer Chinese "chai" rather rather than the Indian "tey". No, no I prefer "furkish kahveh". :P

#22 tiktok

tiktok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:31 PM

I've been studying this subject for 25 years.

WOW! Best argument ever, you had me converted!

#23 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

I've been studying this subject for 25 years.

25 years? Wow!! You mean you began this study at the age of one?
So, did you find out when you will ascend to heaven while us, the "atheists" will descend six foot under?
ARE WE HAVING FUN OR WHAT!!! :P
Oh! btw Mikey. Do you spread this kind of natural fertilizer at other fora or just here?

Edited by Arpa, 14 December 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#24 Michae1

Michae1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

There is nothing there to believe or not believe. I think you are asking for people to have faith in what you are saying is true (since you can't prove or disprove such conjectures). And as you said, faith is a step (I'd argue several steps) below reality.

Once again, your comments are unbelievable. How did you get to be a moderator?

#25 Michae1

Michae1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

25 years? Wow!! You mean you began this study at the age of one?
So, did you find out when you will ascend to heaven while us, the "atheists" will descend six foot under?
ARE WE HAVING FUN OR WHAT!!! :P
Oh! btw Mikey. Do you spread this kind of natural fertilizer at other fora or just here?

I wrote "Our Noah's Ark" to and for Christians. I'm not interested in the opinions of atheists.

#26 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

And now that we are running out of argument we get personal?
How did Sip become a mod? Is it because unlike some of us here, under that "cheesy hat" he has a skull full of grey brain matter.

#27 Michae1

Michae1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

And now that we are running out of argument we get personal?
How did Sip become a mod? Is it because unlike some of us here, under that "cheesy hat" he has a skull full of grey brain matter.

The point is, shouldn't a moderator know something about religion?

Edited by Michae1, 14 December 2010 - 08:05 PM.

#28 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

I wrote "Our Noah's Ark" to and for Christians. I'm not interested in the opinions of atheists.

My grandfather used to say "live and learn". How true! And now we learn that Noah was Christian???? And that his "ark" was in fact a "kirk/church"???
Was Julius Caesar Christian? W e will see the connection in another post in Language. Hint. Pontiff.
Dear "mickey" your ark is leaky and your oars are broken.
Please don't ask me how we spell "oar" in Armenian.

Edited by Arpa, 15 December 2010 - 08:51 AM.

#29 Michae1

Michae1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

My grandfather used to say "live and learn". How true! And now we learn that Noah was Christian???? And that his "ark" was in fact a "kirk/church"???
Dear "mickey" your ark is leaky and your oars are broken.

I was making an analogy to Noah's Ark, nothing else.

#30 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

I was making an analogy to Noah's Ark, nothing else.

As far as I am concerned you and your noah's arse :oops: can sink to the bottom of Atlantis.
Tell us something. Since you seem to know all about the "ark". Do tell us. In that bestial menagerie did the mouse make love to the elephant or visa versa?

Edited by Arpa, 14 December 2010 - 08:54 PM.

#31 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

The point is, shouldn't a moderator know something about religion?

Sip is the resident priest. :)

#32 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

I've told you everything that I believed was important. There is nothing more that I want to add. You will find out soon enough. Michae1

Soon enough? How soon a year or two or a century?

#33 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

Let's be serious for a moment. Pretend I have not said anything up to this point. On what basis should I "believe" your "theory"?

#34 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

Let's be serious for a moment. Pretend I have not said anything up to this point. On what basis should I "believe" your "theory"?

He is offering you a brand new credit card "Noah's Arc" and you are refusing?

#35 Michae1

Michae1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

I have been serious. You should know the truth by your Christian studies. If you have never studied the Bible, how can you know the difference? It appears that you haven't spent much time learning, or you don't care, which amounts to the same thing.

#36 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

vorosh mardkants hamar shgat aveli hesht e merjel. herkel qan sovorel yev kam havatal...

#37 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

What is going on here people

#38 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

I have been serious. You should know the truth by your Christian studies. If you have never studied the Bible, how can you know the difference? It appears that you haven't spent much time learning, or you don't care, which amounts to the same thing.

I said lets be serious. Instead of answering my question, you are starting to insult my intelligence for some reason. Why?

I asked a simple question. On what basis should I "believe" your "theory"? You are certainly not God so your words can definitely be wrong. We know that God's word is True. So let's take your first claim:

Rev. 13:1 - The beast with seven heads and ten horns.

The seven heads are seven nations. The ten horns are ten kings. The beast is a group of nations that will wage war or the leader of those nations. Literally, it is Israel and the Muslim nations that surround her.

Do you mean to imply God somehow created, acknowledges, or recognizes those "Nations"? Nations are man-made. They can change any day by redrawing some arbitrary line, through conquest, or through purchase. What possible reason would I have to believe that your claim about somehow these "nations" are part of God's plan or anything that God would have at all recognized as "entities" (let alone talk about or prophecise) is at all True?

It is absolutely insulting to me that you would imply the Christian God has any notion of, or cares at all about these "7 Arab Nations" and their "leaders".

So I ask again, on what basis should I "believe" YOUR theory?

Also this entire notion of God "prophecies" seem quite ridiculous to me. Why would God need to make prophecies in such obscure ways?

Edited by Sip, 15 December 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#39 Michae1

Michae1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

I said lets be serious. Instead of answering my question, you are starting to insult my intelligence for some reason. Why?

I asked a simple question. On what basis should I "believe" your "theory"? You are certainly not God so your words can definitely be wrong. We know that God's word is True. So let's take your first claim:

I am serious and I'll say it again. Your Christian studies should tell you whether I am right. You are also right that I am not God. This is why I say you have to rely on your Christian studies. The words are all there. The answer is there. If you can't see the answer, when it is plainly written, why do you need to know anything else? I have absolutely no hope that any answer I could give to your questions would influence you at all. Evidence of that, your little credit card treatise. I have no intention of telling you everything I know, nor could I. I gave you the high points. And as I said earlier, I don't care whether you believe me and I've had enough ridicule. This is my last post. All I came to say was, if you take my first post seriously, now would be a good time to start watching...Michae1

#40 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

I am serious and I'll say it again. Your Christian studies should tell you whether I am right. You are also right that I am not God. This is why I say you have to rely on your Christian studies. The words are all there. The answer is there. If you can't see the answer, when it is plainly written, why do you need to know anything else? I have absolutely no hope that any answer I could give to your questions would influence you at all. Evidence of that, your little credit card treatise. I have no intention of telling you everything I know, nor could I. I gave you the high points. And as I said earlier, I don't care whether you believe me and I've had enough ridicule. This is my last post. All I came to say was, if you take my first post seriously, now would be a good time to start watching...Michae1

Translation: "Believe me just because I said so." .. well ... ehm ... if I believed every prophet who came along and told me to believe him, I think I would be doing exactly the opposite of what my "Christian studies" have taught me. :)

You may mock my credit card interpretation of the Lord's word as you wish. But to me, what I said fits the prophecies just as well as yours does (if not better).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users