hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ May 2 2005, 10:07 PM)
SHOOTING OF THE ARMENIAN PARLIAMENT WAS ORGANIZED BY RUSSIAN SPECIAL SERVICES'

FSB Colonel Claims

Former employee of Russia's Federal Security Service, colonel Alexander Litvinenko, stated form his political asylum in Great Britain that the shooting of Armenian parliament on October 27 of 1999 was organized by Russian special services, more precisely Russian Military Reconnaissance.

"Pursuing certain political aims, the Russian special services often turn to subversive activity. Many know in highest echelons of Russia's special services that the shooting of the Armenian parliament in 1999 was organized by RMR. This sabotage enabled Russia's political elite to prevent signing of the agreement on Artsax settlement. If I am not mistaken, it was said that president Aliyev and Kocharian were to sign a memorandum at the Istanbul summit of OSCE. The peaceful process was developing aloof from Russia's control and that made Russian special services to carry out the special mission in the Armenian parliament", Litvinenko told Real Azerbaijan online newspaper (www.realazer.com).

Litvinenko said that he personally recruited employees of Azerbaijan's special services who occupy high positions today as well. "I was working at the anti-terror department. We actively engaged against Azerbaijan. I personally recruited 12 employees of Azeri National Security Service", he noted.

"There are now 30 agents of Russian special services. Why? Because Putin does not trust Ilham Aliyev. Putin needs alternative sources of information. All Russia's institutes of Azerbaijan carry out tasks of the center, watch and control Aliyev", Litvinenko said.

I dont' trust this guy as a source either. That's probably not true. More than likely it was an American organization.

#22 elle

elle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (hagopn @ Mar 16 2008, 09:44 PM)
I dont' trust this guy as a source either. That's probably not true. More than likely it was an American organization.

I don't believe that too. Maybe he is right about Putin not trusting Aliev, but Litvinenko was the enemy of KGB for collaborating with Berezovsky on number of occasions and god knows with who else he was close with. I am not surprised that he would blame such a thing on the Russians, especially his long time foe...the KGB.
He's a back stabber and we should not take teh words of a back stabber seriously. It suited him to point the finger on Russia. I also agree that it was the Anglo-Judeo planned shooting to get rid of the 'nationalists' and the 2 pro-Russians who got to know the real LTP. A typical way to blame it on RK since he was the president at that time. I could be wrong, but it was a way to turn people against RK thinking that it was him, so that they would bring their long time friend, LTP back to finish off their territorial goals in the region. We should not forget how it was around that time when there were lots of talks about the Caspian gas and oil by the western powers.

Litvinenko also stated that Putin and RK did not get along at that time, but I think he's mistaking about that. As far as I know Putin's foreign policy towards Armenia since his election has been good and friendly, otherwise why would they endorse the continuation of the stable RK government in Armenia? I'm trying to say that why would they endorse SS.
I say that Litvinenko was full of crap.

Edited by elle, 16 March 2008 - 10:58 PM.

#23 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (elle @ Mar 17 2008, 05:58 AM)
I don't believe that too. Maybe he is right about Putin not trusting Aliev, but Litvinenko was the enemy of KGB for collaborating with Berezovsky on number of occasions and god knows with who else he was close with. I am not surprised that he would blame such a thing on the Russians, especially his long time foe...the KGB.
He's a back stabber and we should not take teh words of a back stabber seriously. It suited him to point the finger on Russia. I also agree that it was the Anglo-Judeo planned shooting to get rid of the 'nationalists' and the 2 pro-Russians who got to know the real LTP. A typical way to blame it on RK since he was the president at that time. I could be wrong, but it was a way to turn people against RK thinking that it was him, so that they would bring their long time friend, LTP back to finish off their territorial goals in the region. We should not forget how it was around that time when there were lots of talks about the Caspian gas and oil by the western powers.

Litvinenko also stated that Putin and RK did not get along at that time, but I think he's mistaking about that. As far as I know Putin's foreign policy towards Armenia since his election has been good and friendly, otherwise why would they endorse the continuation of the stable RK government in Armenia? I'm trying to say that why would they endorse SS.
I say that Litvinenko was full of crap.

Oh, absolutely. They want noting to do with "nationalists," which essentially means "those who don't wish to turn their country into a financial province of the Anglo-Judeo [good label] Empire."

#24 elle

elle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

I just thought about this too.....it would not make any sense for RK to murder Vazgen because Vazgen has always spoken fondly of SS. They have always been good friends..not that friends don't kill friends for money or powe...but whether it was in 1996 I think when Vazgen spoke very highly of SS or few days ago when SS sadly metioned about his good friend during his interview........it simply does not make any sense because RK and SS have been close friends themseleves for ages, and SS had good relations with SS. Even during that conference back in 1996 I think, when Vazgen was speaking against LTP and kind of revealing some murders that occurred over the years, he switched the conversation towards SS and made some good comments about him. Plus, why would RK want so much controversy in the first place, especially as a new elected president. I doubt that he would ever want to undermine his career as the leader and cause such a chaos in the country knowing that people might rise agains him right after he gets elected. After all, which sane president would want to ahev the whole population against him when he takes the office? I say that someone was trying to get him kicked out from the new office.

I think this was the last press conference of Vazgen Sargsyan

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 http://youtube.com/watch?v=i_1PG_vvVmU&feature=related
Part 4 http://youtube.com/watch?v=TReckGA7h8c&feature=related

This video is also interesting, but semi-related:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fXRGP_37ghU&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QdgtP7_y3cg&feature=related

Edited by elle, 16 March 2008 - 11:57 PM.

#25 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

The Speaker of the National Assembly of Armenia, the Vice-Presidents, Deputies and representatives of the NA staff laid flowers at the memorial to the victims of the terrorist act of October 27, 1999.

“Every year paying tribute to the victims at this memorial we say no to terrorism, intolerance and hostility. Although nine years have passed since the terrorist attack of October 27, 1999, each of us will carry the pain and sad feelings experienced on that day throughout his life,” said Speaker of the Armenian Parliament Hovik Abrahamyan speaking at the Memorial to the October 27 victims in the yard of the National Assemble today morning.

“Nine years later we state that such crimes cannot be forgotten, they have no time limitation and we must do our best to avert their repetition. Therefore, every year when gathering at this memorial we should ensure that our power lies in our unity and we can build a stronger and more respectable Armenia with joint efforts which was the long-cherished dream of the October 27 victims Vazgen Sargsyan, Karen Demirchyan, Yuri Bakhshyan and others. As a NA Speaker I pledge to do my utmost to establish amity, tolerance and mutual respect in the country. I don't even doubt that the Armenia they longed for will be built with our joint efforts,” said Hovik Abrahamyan.

Today all Armenian parliamentarians laid flowers to the Memorial.

To note, Hovik Abrahamyan had invited the relatives of Karen Demirchyan and Vazgen Sargsyan. Karen Demirchyan's wife Rima Demirchyan and son Stepan Demirchyan were present at today's memorial ceremony. But Greta and Aram Sargsyans had declined the NA Speaker's invitation.

After the ceremony some parliamentarians resumed their ordinary routine and passed to the discussion of the state budget 2009 while others headed for the City Pantheon and Yerablur.

#26 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

SHOTS WERE HEAR AT 5

article's photo

“I would be dishonest with myself if I didn't discuss the October 27 events with you. I fully second Ter-Petrosyan’s political assessment in view of the terrorist act of October 27. The criminal case separated from the hearing on October 27 was dismissed with rough breaches of procedural criminal code. Besides, the examination on the separated part was later prohibited,” former deputy Prosecutor General Gagik Jhangiryan announced on February 22 and appeared behind bars in a couple of days.

Levon Ter-Petrosyan said that Vazgen Sargsyan and Karen Demirchyan had paid with their lives to unveil the conspiracy of the authorities in relation to Artsakh.

It is already nine years since the terrorist act of October 27, 1999.

The Armenian parliament was attacked at 5 p.m. on October 27, 1999, by a group of armed men led by Nairi Hunanian, an obscure former journalist. They sprayed the assembly with bullets in front of TV cameras. Before surrendering to law-enforcement agencies the next morning, the gunmen took dozens of government members and parliamentarians hostage and shot dead NA Speaker Karen Demirchyan, Prime Minister Vazgen Sargsyan, NA vice-presidents and NA MPs.

The three-year trial of the criminal group that committed the murders only deepened suspicions among the public and didn’t give answer to many questions. Although Hunanian insisted throughout the trial that he himself masterminded and carried out the attack to rid Armenia of its “corrupt” government, relatives and friends of the assassinated officials believe that the attackers had powerful patrons outside the parliament building.

The criminals were sentenced to life imprisonment although the victims’ relatives demanded capital punishment. To note, the trial was extended by the time death penalty was abolished in Armenia.

#27 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

9 YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE TERRORIST ACT IN ARMENIAN PARLIAMENT

article's photo
The 1999 Armenian parliament shooting was an attack on the Armenian parliament on October 27, 1999 at 5:15 p.m, by a group of armed men that killed Prime Minister of Armenia Vazgen Sargsyan and 7 other high ranking officials, namely Speaker Karen Demirchyan, Minister for Operative Affairs Leonard Petrosyan and deputies Armenak Armenakyan, Mikael Kotanyan and Henrik Abrahamyan. The terrorist group included journalist Nairi Hunanyan, his brother Karen Hunanyan, their uncle Vram Galstyan, Derenik Bejanyan and Ashot Knyazyan. The trial started February 15, 2001. On December 2, 2003 the First Instance Court of Kentron-Nork Marash sentenced Nairi and Karen Hunanyans, Edik Grigoryan, Vram Galstyan, Derenik Bejanyan and Ashot Knyazyan to life imprisonment. Hamlet Stepanyan was handed a 14-year sentence. All seven were found guilty of treason. The court of review upheld the sentence.

#28 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

Hovik Abrahamyan: paying tribute to victims of terrorist act, we again say our decisive "No" to terrorism
27.10.2008 19:10 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail In Russian In Armenian

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Today, members of the Armenian National Assembly attended a ceremony to commemorate the victims of October 27, 1999 terrorist act, the RA NA press office reported.

Opening the ceremony the RA NA Speaker, Mr. Hovik Abrahamyan said, "Every year on October 27, paying tribute to the victims of the severe crime of October 27, 1999, we again say our decisive "No" to terrorism, intolerance and animosity. Though 9 years have passed, all of us feel the pain that befell us that day. We again say that such crimes have no limitation period, and we must do everything in our power to prevent their repetition. Every time gathering at this memorial stone we should again ensure that our strength is in our unity, and only together we can build more dignified and prosperous Armenia, which I am sure, was the dream of Karen Demirchyan, Vazgen Sargsyan, Yuri Bakhshyan and our other colleagues.

As Speaker of the National Assembly I confidently say that I'll do everything possible for consent, tolerance and respect in our republic. And the most worthy tribute to our dead colleagues is the implementation of the programs and ideas, which they followed. I don't doubt that we shall have the Armenia, we and our deceased friends dreamt about."

#29 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

inchu terorizm - sa Bavakanin lav Kazmakerpvats, Taterakanatsvats, patvirvats spanutyun er

inchu terorizm ??

#30 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:45 AM

“TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION” ?
Is a well known saying usually attributed to Mark Twain, it seems it was said much earlier by Lord Byron. See below.
PRIOR TO COMMITTING CRIME, NAIRI HUNANIAN WAS SUBJECTED TO NEURO-LINGUISTIC PROGRAMMING, POLITICAL TECHNOLOGIST NAREK MALIAN SAYS
Noyan Tapan
Oct 27, 2008
YEREVAN, OCTOBER 27, NOYAN TAPAN. The accusations, according to which
the first Armenian president Levon Ter-Petrosian and his team allegedly
influenced people's consciousness by means of neuro-linguistic
programming (NLP)
during rallies, are not true, political technologist
Narek Malian said at the October 27 press conference. In his words,
NLP and other psychological methods of this kind are used with respect
to individuals and are not applicable at mass events.
To recap, psychologist Karine Nalchajian made the above mentioned
accusations after the March 1 events. She had also been invited to the
press conference but was not present because of being out of the city.
Speaking about the Oct. 27, 1999 assassination, N. Malian said: "In
my opinion, Nairi Hunanian was subjected to NLP before breaking into
the National Assembly.
This technology makes it easier to persuade
a person to kill those with whom he is not personally acquainted".
………

=======
Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Twain, Mark (1835-1910)

TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION.
This line appears in Byron's poem Don Juan, 1823:
'Tis strange,-but true; for truth is always strange;
Stranger than fiction: if it could be told,
How much would novels gain by the exchange!
How differently the world would men behold!

(In 1858 Josiah Henson (1789-1883), a Maryland-born slave, wrote an autobiography titled Truth Stranger than Fiction. Henson was supposedly the real-life Uncle Tom in Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.)

#31 Դրօ

Դրօ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

If I am correct, Noyan Tapan is another Levonakan site (as in, it's funded by the West).

#32 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Դրօ @ Dec 25 2008, 04:21 AM)
If I am correct, Noyan Tapan is another Levonakan site (as in, it's funded by the West).

Կրնանք ըսել՝ ամէն Հայաստանը «լեւոնական» է, երբ 700 հազարէն աւելի ձայն ունի ան:

#33 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:18 AM

Levonakan kam Serjakan ch@ka

Ka Hye Azg

#34 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:23 AM

10 tary...

Astvats hoginin lusavori...

#35 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:24 AM

Armenia marks 10th anniversary of parliament shooting 27.10.2009 11:33 GMT+04:00 /PanARMENIAN.Net/ Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan, National Assembly Speaker Hovik Abrahamyan, Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan, National Security Secretary Arthur Baghdasaryan and other officials attended Yerablur Pantheon to lay flowers to the tombs of Vazgen Sargsyan, who was assassinated ten years ago, and national hero Andranik Ozanyan.

Prime Minister of Armenia Vazgen Sargsyan and 7 other high-ranking officials were shot dead by a group of terrorists on October 27, 1999.

#36 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

ՀՀ նախագահը այցելեց Եռաբլուր և հարգանքի տուրք մատուցեց 1999 թվականի հոկտեմբերի 27-ի զոհերի հիշատակին
Այսօր ՀՀ նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանն այցելեց Եռաբլուր, հարգանքի տուրք մատուցեց 1999 թվականի հոկտեմբերի 27-ի զոհերի հիշատակին և ծաղիկներ դրեց զոհվածների շիրիմներին: Հանրապետության նախագահին ուղեկցում էին ՀՀ վարչապետ Տիգրան Սարգսյանը, ՀՀ պաշտպանության նախարար Սեյրան Օհանյանը, Ոստիկանապետ Ալիկ Սարգսյանը, Երևանի քաղաքապետ Գագիկ Բեգլարյանը և բարձրաստճյան մի շարք այրեր:

Նշենք, որ այսօր տասը տարի է անցել ողբերգական դեպքերից:
Ամեն տարի այս օրը Հայաստանում հիշում են 1999-ի հոկտեմբերի 27-ի զարհուրելի ողբերգությունը, երբ Ազգային ժողով ներխուժած մի խումբ ահաբեկիչներ գնդակահարեցին Հայաստանի վարչապետ Վազգեն Սարգսյանին, Ազգային ժողովի նախագահ Կարեն Դեմիրճյանին, նրա երկու տեղակալներ Յուրի Բախշյանին ու Ռուբեն Միրոյանին, օպերատիվ հարցերի նախարար Լեոնարդ Պետրոսյանին, պատգամավորներ Արմենակ Արմենակյանին, Միքայել Քոթանյանին ու Հենրիկ Աբրահամյանին: Օրենսդիր մարմնի նիստերի դահլիճում արձակած կրակոցների հետևանքով մի քանի նախարարներ ու պատգամավորներ ստացել էին տարբեր աստիճանի հրազենային վնասվածքներ:

Ահաբեկիչների պարագլուխը նախկին լրագրող Նաիրի Հունանյանն էր: Հանցագործոթյան մյուս մասնակիցներն էին Նաիրի Հունանյանի եղբայր Կարեն Հունանյանը, քեռին` Վռամ Գալստյանը, Դերենիկ Բեջանյանը, Էդիկ Գրիգորյանը և Աշոտ Կնյազյանը:
Նրանց նկատմամբ դատավարությունն սկսվել էր 2001 թ. փետրվարի 15-ին և ավարտվել 2003 թ. դեկտեմբերի 2-ին: Դատարանի վճռով ահաբեկչության 6 մասնակից դատապարտվել են ցմահ ազատազրկման: Նրանք մեղադրվել են պետական դավաճանության, ահաբեկչության և քրեական օրենսգրքի մի շարք այլ հոդվածներով:

Աղբյուր` Panorama.am

#37 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:24 AM

http://www.azatutyun...le/1888795.html

Yerevan Prison Under Investigation Over Photo Scandal

Posted Image

Armenia -- Artyom Khachatrian ®, editor of the pro-government ''Azatamtutyun'' daily, pictured with three men serving life sentences for politically motivated murders in Yerevan's Nubarashen prison on October 5, 2009. Photo courtesy of ''Haykakan Zhamanak.

Hasmik Smbatian

Justice Minister Gevorg Danielian ordered an inquiry on Thursday after the publication of a revealing prison photograph that shows the editor of a pro-government newspaper in the company of three men serving life sentences for politically motivated murders.

The photo, which appeared on the front-page of the pro-opposition daily "Haykakan Zhamanak," shows Artyom Khachatrian of the "Azatamtutyun" newspaper and one of his aides drinking coffee and soft drinks with the convicts at Yerevan's Nubarashen prison.

All five men smiled as they had their picture taken by an unknown photographer. Two of them, Derenik Bejanian and Eduard Grigorian, were among the gunmen that had burst into Armenia's parliament in October 1999, killing its speaker Karen Demirchian, Prime Minister Vazgen Sarkisian and six other officials. They share their prison cell with Arsen Ardzruni, a former member of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation convicted of being a member of a death squad that had allegedly operated in the early 1990s.

"Haykakan Zhamanak" called the photograph scandalous, saying that Khachatrian's joint appearance with the convicted assassins was a serious breach of prison regulations. "What common things do they have to discuss and to do?" it asked in a dig at the editor who is reputed to have close ties to the government.

Representatives of the country's two main pro-government parties questioned the authenticity of photograph. But Galust Sahakian, the parliamentary leader of President Serzh Sarkisian's Republican Party, said he will be "furious" if it turns out to be authentic. "To put it mildly, it's a disgrace that creates a problem for state security," he told the A1plus.am news service.

The Ministry of Justice, which oversees Armenia's prison, said later in the day that Danielian ordered ministry officials to look into the picture and determine whether the Nubarashen administration violated rules regulating visits to prison inmates. "The inquiry will show whether there was a violation," Lana Mshetsian, a ministry spokeswoman, told RFE/RL.

Khachatrian, meanwhile, admitted visiting the three inmates on October 5 and having a "warm rapport" with them. "This photo was stolen from my office," he told RFE/RL. "I know who stole and gave it to them."

"If somebody is trying to see something extraordinary in this, then he is sick," said Khachatrian. "We just had our picture taken. What's wrong with that?"

"The law allows visits to prison cells," he said. "Journalists are allowed to visit a prisoner in his cell with his consent."

"Haykakan Zhamanak" asserted that under the Armenian prison rules, neither journalists nor anybody else can meet more than one prisoner at a time.

Khachatrian claimed that prison officials simply "saved time" by letting him pay a collective visit to Bejanian, Grigorian and Ardzruni. "The three happen to be kept in one prison cell," he said.

Khachatrian's daily is known for its hard-hitting and sometimes offensive commentaries that usually target opponents of Armenia's current leadership. Opposition circles claim that "Azatamtutyun" is funded from President Sarkisian's entourage. The paper claims to be independent, however.

Once a harsh critic of Sarkisian and his predecessor Robert Kocharian, Khachatrian is also known as the organizer of a non-stop sit-in that was staged by a small group of government supporters outside opposition leader Levon Ter-Petrosian's house during the 2008 presidential race.

#38 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

«Հայկական ժամանակ», նոյեմբեր 26 հինգշաբթի 2009

Նկարի ձախ կողմում «Հոկտեմբերի 27-ի» գործով ցմահ ազատազրկման դատապարտված Դերենիկ Բեջանյանն է: Նրանից աջ` առաջին պլանում «Դրոյի» գործով ցմահ ազատազրկման դատապարտված Արսեն Արծրունին է: Վերջինիս կողքին` 2008-ի փետրվարին ՀՀ առաջին նախագահ Լեւոն Տեր-Պետրոսյանի տան դիմաց բողոքի ցույցեր կազմակերպող Արտյոմ Խաչատրյանն է, ով հանրությանը հայտնի է «Շիզոլինի» մականվամբ: Նկարի աջ կողմում` հետին պլանում նստածը «Հոկտեմբերի 27-ի» գործով ցմահ ազատազրկման դատապարտված Էդիկ Գրիգորյանն է: Նկարի կենտրոնական մասում` հետին պլանում նստած ճաղատ գլխով մարդու ինքնությունն անհայտ է, քանի որ դեմքը հստակ չի երեւում: Բերված նկարը, ամենայն հավանականությամբ, արվել է «Նուբարաշեն» ՔԿՀ-ի ցմահ դատապարտյալների խցում: Նկարը մոտ 2 ամիս առաջ է տեղադրվել ինտերնետում: ՀՀ օրենսդրությունը խմբակային տեսակցություն չի նախատեսում, այն էլ` դատապարտյալների խցում: Բացի այդ, հետաքրքիր կլիներ իմանալ, թե ով է ապահովում Հոկտեմբերի 27-ի ոճրագործների բարեկեցությունը:

#39 vahegyan

vahegyan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:51 AM

Armenian Parliament Shooting

video link:

My link

My link

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by vahegyan, 07 February 2010 - 04:54 AM.

#40 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

TER-PETROSYAN VISITS PANTHEON AND YERABLUR

• Posted ImageThe Armenian National Congress (HAK) headed by RA First President Levon Ter-Petrosyan today visited the Komitas Pantheon and Yerablur Pantheon to pay tribute to Karen Demirchyan and Vazgen Sargsyan, who fell victim to the tragic events of October 27, 1999.

At Komitas Pantheon, Levon Ter-Petrosyan laid flowers at Karen Demirchyan's tomb and expressed his condolences to his widow, Rima Demirchyan and family members.

The RA First President refused to answer journalists' questions today.

Whereas the events of October 27 mean a loss of the country for other citizens, they are also personal sorrow for the victims' families.

Stepan Demirchyan is more than certain that the tragedy of October 27 could have been revealed throughout the past 12 years.

"Everything was done to conceal it. We are still seeing the negative effects of that tragedy," Karen Demirchyan's son, leader of the People's Party of Armenia Stepan Demirchyan declared.

He is sure that things would be totally different in Armenia, if it weren't for the terrorist acts that took place on October 27. "It was the most severe blow to the state and the nation."

Stepan Demirchyan says the tragedy of October 27 will be revealed, but not while the current authorities are in power. "When we say the authorities did everything to conceal the crime, then that says it all."

Vazgen Sargsyan's brother, leader of "Republic" ("Hanrapetutyun") Party Aram Sargsyan finds that life in Armenia came to a halt after the events of October 27, 1999. "It came to a halt not only for the victims' families, but the country as well. In 1999, the "Unity" alliance had instilled hope in the people with its victory. In 2003, Stepan Demirchyan scored a brilliant victory in the presidential elections, but power was seized once again. The opposition united as one in 2008 and won, but then we saw the events of March 1 and ten murders."

Aram Sargsyan definitely sees a relationship between the terrorist acts of October 27 and the events of March 1. "Both were politically motivated, led to emigration and the lack of revelation of both is leading the country to despair."

Aram Sargsyan is sure that both crimes won't be revealed while the current authorities are in power. "If these two crimes aren't revealed, our country will not have a future. The lack of revelation of these cases means that the authorities are committing a crime against the society. They place power over the future of the country. They want to feel good in their country and don't care about the rest. These authorities are accomplices, if not, participants," Aram Sargsyan said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users