what should I do ? me and an axchik!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2000 - 01:19 AM

I really like a n iranian Armenian girl in Esfahan, I even accepted to marry her, my aunt has seen that axchik and said it's ok, my family has no objection and says it's all your choice, but the girl says it's against her tradition to marry a non-Armenian, there is another Iranian-Armenian girl who likes me, what should I do? I allways thought that love is a matter of feeling and not tradition! what do you say?
what is really ununderrstandable is, that the Armenian boys in Iran usally go after muslim Iranian girls, but when their sisters go with non-armenian boys they make a big deal. I really liked that girl, also the other Armenian girl is Ok , what should i do?

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2000 - 10:57 AM

lol..how many times do i have to say this in different contexts: love has nothing to do with marriage..

You have to choose someone you're completely compatible with to even have a fighting chance for happiness in marriage. And if this girl thinks that because of certain factors you're not compatible, trust me, that won't be an issue that will disappear into the air once you're married. You marry for love, you're doomed. (While I completely understand your situation and sympathize) that's my opinion.

Gayane

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2000 - 03:01 PM

Iranyar joon,

The heck with that Armenian girl, they are obviously a narrow, traditional family, and they will make yours and her life a living hell, trust me I know! Find a nice Persian girl, and let me know if she has a sister that is available!

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2000 - 08:36 PM

Iranyar joon,
Love has everything to do with the marrige, because otherwise your life becomes a big lie. Living for comfort and econimic security is the last thing I would do. As Aleksander Dumas wrote in one of his musketier novels: "I can't pass away peacefully in my bed". Live for living a as real Human.
I think that the thing is that you both don't really love each other, otherwise nothing would matter, just nothing. If you really love someone you can persuade the satan to obey the God. Love gives you power to calculate everything in very cold-minded cinical way to achieve your goal. I think that while considered to be "romantic", love also has a strong factor of ownership in it, when both the male and the female want to own each other like the most precious stones. Love is a business when you and the girl you love win the competition with everybody and everything, relatives, economic hardships... If somebody loses that competition he is just weak and nothing more. Strong people go ahead and do it.
Steel her in an Iranian carpet if she loves you!

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2000 - 08:51 PM

Berj what are you talking about??????????
An Armenian girl to leave an Armenian for a Persian???????? haha Its a joke? How about persian guys with persian girls and armenian guys with armenian girls. Sounds much better. Iranyar trust me bro find a persian theres 20 million in Iran right?

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2000 - 08:32 AM

Art,

"Persian guys with Persian girls, and Armenian guys with Armenian girls." HA HA! I guess then I am beyond help already being the mongrel that I am!

Berj jan,

Wow! I like you more and more! Here you are encouraging an "odar" to possibly steal and Armenian girl. Good for you!

Iranyar joon,

Just ignore Art's comment. You go with your gut feeling, if you really love this girl, elope! You are probably more Armenian in spirit than most Armenians I know. Sometimes God puts someone in our life and it doesn't matter if they are Zulu or Eskimo, go for it!

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2000 - 05:07 PM

Farsi jan,
Iranyar is not that "odar". Considering his knowledge and respect towards Armenia and Armenians and the fact that he dislikes the turks almost as much as any Armenian, as well as that his childen in case he marries an Armenian will not feel that "mixed" I don't see any obstacles. As for Islam, I think that it is unnatural for Iran, it is not Iran's religion, and many people understand this already. If not for the problem of preserving Iran's unity, it would be Christian already. And also, if an Iranian from Tebriz wants to marry an Armenian, I would be the first one to harm it as much as I can.

Art jan,
Do some reading on Iran's history, etnology, language and I hope you'll understand me.

Iranyar joon,
Sorry, for the rough discussion of your personal matters.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2000 - 06:44 PM

Berj & Half Breed,

Why dont we encourage all odars that come along to marry an Armenian girl!!!!!! What an exciting idea huh! Then we will feel so cool!!! Both of you need to understand that Armenians are unique in this world and most likely better than most races. You think its just like another race.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2000 - 08:50 PM

Art,

Armenians are just another group, no better and no worse than any other in the world, even the slogan on the Armenians.com site says that much. Iranyar is not just another "odar" , if you read his postings, you would know he has a great love for Armenia, heck he said he would fight for Armenia, which is more than I can say! ALso you obviously don't know Berj very well, he is the first to disapprove of wanton mixed Armenian/odar marriages. I see Iranyar as being more Armenian than most of the sleazebags I encounter here in California who are only interested in cars, cell phones and getting laid!

As for mixed marriages, I am so glad my mom married an "odar" that she loves, than some Armenian that she would hate, just to preserve the race. I may not be the most perfect Armenian, but I think I turned out ok, I speak the language passably, and I am always here on Hye Forum, am I not?

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2000 - 07:24 PM

Halfbreed be honest! What would you prefer to marry an Armenian or an odar?

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2000 - 07:37 PM

Honestly? I would love to meet a half Armenian, half Irish-Choctaw American girl! As the likelyhood of that is very slim, I am happy with whoever God inspires me to marry. But what do you care? Why not take some classes in African American studies or Chicano Studies at GCC, expand your viewpoints and meet people from other backgrounds, you have no idea what a bigot you sound like , amot kezi!

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2000 - 09:25 PM

How dumb can you get halfbreed? Just because I believe in perserving my identity and other Armenians as well you say I am a bigot. Astavatz jan nereghuzyun vor ay senz martkanz masin pti mtases. By the way my best friend is a Jew and I have lots of friends that are girls who are Mexican, White, Black but that doesnt mean I would consider marrying one! Think please think.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2000 - 09:28 PM

By the way since you say that I am so dumb. How about we play a chess game on Yahoo. Chess clearly shows the intelligence of a human. Do you accept my challenge?

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2000 - 09:46 PM

Well, those odar girls that you wouldn't date are probably better off!Oh wow! Good for you, every bigot has a "friend" that is a Jew, that is a classic! As for chess, no thanks Ill pass, I am a dumb half breed remember! By the way, I never called you dumb, do you have an inferiority complex? I just said you are probably eighteen years old, and know very little about the world, that doesn't mean you are dumb.

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2000 - 10:04 PM

Iranyar joon,

Bebakhshid ke ye bache "Art" awmad. Khaylee ahmaghe! az in bache goosh nakon! Movawfagh dustam!

Farsisteve

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2000 - 10:10 PM

Once again Halfloser,

I truly think you are a loser because I say I have a friend who is Jewish and you say everyone has Jewish friends and start on something else. You are like McCarthy-a person who accuses but has no evidence. You probably dont even know how to play chess. The best thing you do is insult someone because he or she is hayastanzi!

[This message has been edited by art (edited August 18, 2000).]

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2000 - 08:34 AM

Iranyar joon,

Ey baba, in bache armani khaylee harf mizane!
Shoma kojaid? Va chi shod? Raftid baw dokhtare armani? Movawzeb bash dustam aziz! "Aramani"haw khaylee bi tarbiat hastand nakheir? Negakon in ahmagh Art che bi tarbiate!

khoda hafez,

Farsisteve

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2000 - 08:49 AM

Art and Half Breed
I think it's time to calm down. Don't begin the old story.

Half Breed in this forum use armenian or english. You can email Iranyar instead of posting messages here that almost nobody understand.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2000 - 09:10 AM

Garo jan,

I didn't know using a little bit of Farsi is now verbotten(whoops that's not Armenian or English either). We have very multilingual people on this forum. There are at least two others who seem to know Farsi(Ararat and my old nemesis Jan Fedayi) as well as Berj has a working knowledge of some Farsi. Nvard and me sometimes use Spanish, is that also wrong?

I hate to sound like a little kid, but this Art character began the attacks on me,(walk into the water...), its amazing. I go on to Cyberiran and I have yet to be personally insulted even by people who don't agree with me(except by Armenians). Even more amazing is that I go onto Turkey.com's forum, and all those "evil" Turks are very cordial. I come onto Hye Forum, and it never fails that someone attacks me. Maybe this is why Armenia is in such a dire situation, little love or tolerance is shown towards each other. There is so much nakhanzutyun yev adel amongst Armenians. This comes through with people like Art. I am sorry I have viewpoints that are a bit controversial, does that make me less of a person? Also Garo, I don't see why you have to always censor heated discussions, yes I know it is your perogative, but still, let us argue!

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2000 - 10:26 AM

If you feel the need to explain your thoughts in other langages you can email that user. Why post messages here when almost no one understand it. Especially when you use other user's name there.
This forum is for discussions not for argues.
If you wanna argue get one of those Instant Messanger softwares and IM him/her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users