• 21,603 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

168.am

10:37 | February 28 2018
Categories
    Tourism blogger Alexander Lapshin wears t-shirt depicting Artsakh soldier
| Views: 11

924324.jpg

Russian-Israeli tourism blogger Alexander Lapshin, known for his highly publicized arrest and illegal extradition from Belarus to Azerbaijan, has published a photo of himself wearing a t-shirt depicting an on-duty Artsakh soldier.

“Friends, how do you like my new t-shirt? It is very special. What do you think, the soldier of which army is depicted?” Lapshin wrote on social media.

The majority of social media users were quick to guess that the soldier is an Artsakhi serviceman, whose photo became widely known during the April War of 2016.

#23 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

Panorama, Armenia
March 23 2018

f5ab4e29aceb43_5ab4e29aceb83.thumb.jpg
Society 15:18 23/03/2018 Armenia
Blogger Lapshin plans to visit Armenia

Russian-Israeli blogger Alexander Lapshin, who was jailed in Azerbaijan last year for visiting Artsakh, has plans to visit Armenia.

In a post on Facebook, the blogger said he intends to take part in the In Tour Expo 2018 international tourism exhibition to be held in capital city Yerevan on 20-22 April.

“I am leaving for Yerevan to attend a tourism exhibition. I shall introduce my project, “Following Lapshin’s footsteps in Baku’. The program includes a flight on [Azerbaijan’s first lady] Mehriban Aliyeva’s private plane, all inclusive rest at Kurdahan prison [a penitentiary in Azerbaijan], as well as at the Baku Court of Grave Crimes. The price of the tour is contractual,” reads the post.

“I’m kidding. In reality, I am going to speak about my travels during the expo. It will be interesting, you are welcome,” he added.

Travel blogger Alexander Lapshin, who was sentenced to three years behind bars in Azerbaijan, was released on 12 September, after being pardoned by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.

Lapshin was sentenced by the Baku court on grave crimes on July 20, 2017 over his visit to Nagorno-Karabakh.

The blogger was detained in the Belarusian capital of Minsk in December 2016 at Baku’s request. He was flown to Baku on February 7 and handed over to the Azerbaijani State Security Service.

Azerbaijani prosecutors launched a criminal case into “repeated public anti-state calls” and what they claimed as “illegal crossing of Azerbaijan’s state border.”

The extradition and persecution against Lapshin was widely slammed by international community as a gross violation of human rights and fundamental freedoms of speech and movement.

https://www.panorama...Armenia/1923675

#24 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

ARKA, Armenia
Jan 22 2019

Russian-Israeli tourism blogger Lapshin says Azeris do not need Karabakh

915e3d2c2564251fb3fc003e45a08a14.jpg

YEREVAN, January 22. /ARKA/.  A Russian-Israeli tourism blogger Alexander Lapshin spoke today about his imprisonment in Azerbaijan, the status of his case against Azerbaijan in the European Court of Human Rights and his vision of a solution to the Karabakh conflict.

Alexander Lapshin was arrested in Belarus at the request of Azerbaijani law-enforcement bodies and was  extradited to Azerbaijan to serve a 3 year prison term  for visiting Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) “without Azerbaijani authorization”. 

A Baku court sentenced him to 3 years in prison in 2017 summer. But  few months later he was pardoned by president of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.

"The main external enemy for them (Azerbaijani leadership) is Armenia, and I think that they don’t need Karabakh so much;  I think they don’t need it at all, what they need is a frozen conflict in order to explain the terrible corruption and lawlessness to blame it on Armenia," Lapshin told a news conference in Yerevan.

He said  with the colossal oil revenues the country lives much worse than Armenia. ‘One shouldn’t underestimate the Azerbaijani people, who, although they live in dictatorship, have a lot of intelligent and reasonable people who want to live in a free country. They saw what happened in Armenia last April and I think they want it to happen in their country as well,," said Lapshin.

In his opinion, a paradoxical situation is being created, which may lead to changes in the next few years, but the question is  how much  it will be in the interests of Armenia. "Whoever Aliyev is, he is predictable and not dangerous for Armenia and he is comfortable for Russia. Those people who will replace him are either competing clans or the opposition," said Lapshin.

According to him, the Azerbaijani society is ready for peace, but the leadership of Azerbaijan is not, because peace with Armenia will lead to the fall of the Aliyev regime, and they understand it.

"Aliyev will drag out the conflict settlement. He does not need peace, he needs an image of enemy and the retention of power at any cost," said Lapshin. -0-

http://arka.am/en/ne..._need_karabakh/

• MosJan likes this

#25 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 01:53 AM

Aleksander Lapshin

272777107_645825643322935_59482103217639

I think it’s time to put an end to Azerbaijan’s widespread lie about Garegin Njda’s involvement in the “mass killings of Jews, Poles and Gypsies” in the Second World War. As a citizen of Israel and a Jew who lost many relatives in fascist concentration camps, it is unpleasant to me that some self-satisfied dictator who has never served in the army is spreading lies, with his parents and grandparents getting rid of protection Homeland in the years of the Great Patriotic and stayed in sunny Nakhichevani.
It’s no secret that Gaydar Aliev could have gone to the front as a volunteer in 1941 (for example my grandfather, Aliyev, who fought in defense of Leningrad and seriously injured), but Gaydar reasonably preferred a warmer and safer place. The love for the Homeland in this ruling Azerbaijan family is hereditary, so Ilham Aliyev also never served in the army for a day, but happily walks around Karabakh in a general uniform, wearing general clothes on his spouse.
But let's get back to the topic of the Holocaust and Garegin Njde. In Israel, in Jerusalem there is a huge museum "Yad Vashem" (Yad Vashem) in memory of the victims of the Holocaust, a.k.a. the institute of fascism crimes studies with a unique file and archives. There are millions of files, by years and months, by names, by cities and countries. Almost all the victims of the Holocaust, where and who were killed are listed. But what is important is that there is the world's largest archive of not only victims, but also murderers. Starting from the leadership of the German Reich and ending with simple sadists-police in Auschwitz. Hundreds and thousands of Nazis were persecuted by the Israeli Mossad around the world, many were caught and condemned in Europe and America, others simply destroyed, and the Minister of Conspiracy Adolf Eichman was kidnapped from Argentina (where he was hiding) and executed in Israel June 1, 1962.
Garegin Nzde is not in the archives of "Yad Vashem". Neither Israel nor the Jewish diaspora do find Garegin Nje guilty of any activity against the Jewish people. You can go to the website "Yad Vashem" (there is an English version, Russian, Spanish, German) I will give the link below and search for at least one mention about Garegin Nzde. Do not find. Israel and the Jews do not consider it an enemy of the Jewish people. There is a mass of information about tens of thousands of Nazis and Nazis helpers, you can enter in the search of Gimmler, Gebbels, or even a tiny figure like Henry Hoffman, Hitler's photographer. And find a lot of information.
Once again, there is nothing about Njda. And you understand that if Garegin Nzde was at least somehow connected to the crimes of the Nazis, the Jews would definitely not have forgotten it. But no.
It turns out that Israel and the Jews of the whole world are very naive, but Azerbaijan led by Ilham Aliyev is bringing the truth to the world about Garegin Njda's crimes against the Jewish people. This is very funny to me. But at the same time, I dislike the fact that the Caspian Fürer uses the memory of millions of Jews killed in his political games and invent something that never existed, trying to remake not only Armenian history but also Jewish.
The link to Yad Vashem's website is in the first comment below. Whoever finds at least one mention of Garegin Njda there - he will get an honorary prize from me.

• Yervant1 likes this

#26 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 08:20 AM

Everything that comes out of that SOB's mouth is a lie, yet the so called democratic countries ( They know who they are ) stay silent.

• MosJan likes this

#27 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 07:53 AM

Armenians Shouldn’t Alienate Foreigners

And Complain that ‘No One Cares about Us’

By Harut Sassounian

Publisher, The California Courier

www.TheCaliforniaCourier.com

As the publisher of a newspaper, I frequently receive what is supposed to be factual ‘news,’ but, after doing some checking, I find out that most of what I was told is baseless rumor.

A good example of gossip mongering happened last week when Israeli travel blogger and journalist Alexander Lapshin arrived in Los Angeles. His visit generated rumors and hateful words by some Armenians.

For those who are not familiar with Lapshin, he visited Armenia on several occasions and went to Artsakh in 2011 and 2012. Azerbaijan blacklisted him, considering his visit to Artsakh illegal. Pres. Aliyev then asked Belarus in 2016 to arrest and extradite Lapshin to Azerbaijan. After being held in a Belarus jail for two months, Lapshin was sent to Baku on Feb. 7, 2017, on the personal airplane of Pres. Aliyev, where he was put through a sham trial and sentenced to three years in jail. On September 11, 2017, Lapshin was attacked in his prison cell by four masked Azeri agents who broke his jaw, ribs and arm, partially paralyzing him. He spent three days in the intensive care unit of a Baku hospital, after which Pres. Aliyev issued him a pardon and expelled him to Israel, where he spent another two weeks in a hospital. Azeri officials falsely claimed that Lapshin had tried to commit suicide which he strongly denied. Several independent medical examiners confirmed that there was an attempt on Lapshin’s life in Baku.

Ever since his release from jail, Lapshin has toured dozens of countries exposing Azerbaijan’s dictatorial regime and its human rights violations against its own citizens and Armenians in Artsakh.

Contrary to the unfounded rumor that he is an Israeli agent, Lapshin has had a major conflict with the Israeli authorities who repeatedly warned him that if he knows what’s good for him and his family, he should stop criticizing Azerbaijan. Israeli officials described Azerbaijan as ‘an ally of Israel’ and told him that his actions were contrary to Israel’s interests. Lapshin was given the same negative message when he met with American Jewish organizations. Israel also warned Lapshin that his Moldovan wife would not be granted Israeli citizenship unless he stops vilifying Azerbaijan.

Lapshin is currently on a tour of Canada, the United States and Mexico where he is meeting with human rights organizations and elected officials to expose Azerbaijan’s brutal violations and defend the interests of Artsakh Armenians.

My source for this information is neither Lapshin nor his critics. There are two official documents -- the European Court of Human Rights and the UN Human Rights Committee -- which independently verified the information submitted by both Lapshin and Azerbaijan’s government.

Lapshin filed a complaint against Azerbaijan to the European Court of Human Rights in 2018. The Court, in a 32-page decision in 2021, found credible that Azerbaijan had attempted to murder him and ordered Azerbaijan to pay Lapshin 30,000 euros in compensation, which Azerbaijan has refused to do.

In 2022, the UN Human Rights Committee, in a 10-page report, recognized that Belarus violated several articles of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights by arresting and extraditing Lapshin to Azerbaijan, thus putting his life at risk.

Here are some interesting facts from the ruling of the European Court of Human Rights on the case of Lapshin vs. Azerbaijan.

The Government of Azerbaijan falsely told the European Court that Lapshin had written two letters from his Baku hospital allegedly thanking Pres. Aliyev for pardoning him and stating that the prison guards saved his life. Lapshin denied that he wrote these letters. The European Court concluded that Azerbaijan’s allegation is “particularly hard to believe in view of the difficulties which the applicant [Lapshin] had with his writing arm.” Yet there are some Armenians who rather believe Azerbaijan’s lies and forged letters than the European Court’s ruling that there was no reason to doubt Lapshin’s word. The Court also found Lapshin’s assertion ‘plausible’ that there was an attempt to murder him in his Baku prison cell.

The Azeri Judge Latif Huseynov, who was a member of the seven judges assigned to the Lapshin vs. Azerbaijan case, refused to participate. He was replaced by another Azeri Judge, Ceyhun Qaracayev, who voted with the rest of the judges unanimously “in favor of a finding of a violation of Article 2,” which is the ‘Right to Life’ of the European Convention on Human Rights.

In conclusion, those who accuse Lapshin of being a spy without any evidence are alienating a supportive non-Armenian who has risked his life to defend the rights of Artsakh Armenians. This is contrary to the constant Armenian complaint that no one in the world cares about Armenia’s and Artsakh’s destitute situation.

#28 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 10:46 AM

Lapshin was just in Los Angeles: his a devoted honest man 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users