• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dealrocker

dealrocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

Google is again in news as their developers have completed testing on new search architecture known as Caffeine. They promise that this new upgraded version of search engine will improve the speed, accuracy, size, comprehensiveness and other dimensions of Google search.

First announcement of this secret project came to light in August 2009. When Google’s search engineers publicly invited web developers to test new version of the search engine and give their feedback. Company has now taken down developer preview web page and replaced it with an announcement declaring Google Caffeine will go live in its first data center soon. This new architecture for Google is supposed to be more accurate, faster, providing better relevant results, ranking changes and crawling larger parts of the web.

Source: http://www.techpl.us...dy-for-roll-out

#2 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

With Microsoft stirring things up with Bing and taking out Yahoo, there are sure to be a LOT of very interesting new developments in web search.

#3 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

With Microsoft stirring things up with Bing and taking out Yahoo, there are sure to be a LOT of very interesting new developments in web search.

Notably with "live" searches... with micro-blogging, digg, twitter, facebook and other social networks with real-time status updates, the most relevant search results may have been posted only minutes ago. Current mainstream search engines don't provide these results albeit, blog posts and such are generally of questionable credibility. Still the "live" information market exists, and I would expect Google to embrace these sources. Startups, such as Scoopler, have been lauched in the past year or so - but none have gained traction from what I've observed. Let's see what comes...

#4 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

My personal view on blending micro-blogs (aka tweets) into search results is the good old search adage: "More Crap Faster!" :D

#5 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:20 AM

I read and immediately think 'Bing'.

#6 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

My personal view on blending micro-blogs (aka tweets) into search results is the good old search adage: "More Crap Faster!" :D

And you'd probably be right for the majority of informational searches. Where real-time search is handy is when you need to capture the "pulse" of particular community, during an election campaign for instance. It's a slippery slope however, since these rankings, real-time or not, can be manipulated. And that,s why the question of credibility becomes important.

#7 Louise Kiffer

Louise Kiffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

I am not satisfyed with Google.fr it does not put all the information. I hope the next search engine will have more posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users