is it just me or is this really meaningless talk?? huh.gif

#22 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:34 PM

Quite meaningless thanks to Haggy Googy who started the thread and can't even sustain something and goes off giving a completely irrelevant answer to a multiple choice question with two items. Someone call the nuthouse or carry him away to a religious freak forum.

#23 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:35 PM

agreed gamavor thats a good point~and besides people get poisoned and die from vegitables an dfruit also--about 6yrs ago in southern california there was the case with the contaminated strawberries-where many people were hospitalized upon consuming them~doesnt matter whether its from beef, chicken, fruits, vegitables- i consider it an awful thing to happen to anyone-any kind of fod oisoning or what not.

#24 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:39 PM

what a treand here by AH, speaking of meat wink.gif

#25 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:45 PM

Amerikanski Hye, where ya gone? How about I rephrase? Are Jews immune to sin related to eating meat because they do not follow Jesus?

#26 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:48 PM

That is what they said about Galileo when he claimed the world was not flat, and Thomas Edison was considered the village idiot before his first discovery. Instead of calling names, why don't you research these things for youself? Naw, you would prefer to be in unknowing bliss.

#27 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:50 PM

Stormig,

No, they are sinning nonetheless.

#28 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:57 PM

Then they should follow Jesus? You are asking Jews to convert???

#29 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:03 PM

Jews have their ethnic religion, Judaism.

Judaism is not, and cannot be an ethnic religion, because it is not restricted only to a specific ethnic group -- considering the significant number of blacks who are Jewish. There are even Armenians who are Jewish..

#30 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:15 PM

You do not have to follow Jesus to be a vegatarian. I am not trying to convert Jews to Jesus. I am trying to enlighten everyone to the benefits of vegetarianism.

#31 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:34 PM

your original title was sinners repent right?
and if you are a true believer in the bible then i thikn you should question all the things that you have shared with the forum and see that they are worse sins than eating beef........

#32 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:39 PM

lol angel, like what? nothing is a sin in the world unless it pointlessly kills people/animals. we all need to eat meat.. and if it were a sin before God, he would've struck us down a long time ago -- not to mention a lot of other things the hypocritical catholic church thinks are immoral (although it engages in other things that might also be considered immoral by the same token *cough* pedophilia *cough* )...

Edited by Dan, 28 December 2003 - 04:43 PM.

#33 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:41 PM

Killing is a sin no matter what religion one is. That is what I was referring to. The Bible is a compilation of books CHOSEN by ecclesiastical heads. Many apocryphal books were expressly left out. Jesus has not written ONE word of the Bible.

#34 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:44 PM

im not saying its necesarily sinful in my view-im completely passive towards the situation-i may think its wrong or whatever but i wont judge people upon it-its not my place to judge---- but in regards to the bible and in some religions being gay is a sin or i dunno stuff in that category~if he thinks eating beef is sinful, he should consider the fact that he mentioned he has "experimented" or what not with men as well as women so how is eating beef sinful compared to doing such things? if we are takling in terms of the bible here.....

#35 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:44 PM

Killing people is a sin. Killing animals is a sin too. Killing animals for eating is not, however.

#36 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Dec 28 2003, 05:44 PM)
im not saying its necesarily sinful in my view-im completely passive towards the situation-i may think its wrong or whatever but i wont judge people upon it-its not my place to judge---- but in regards to the bible and in some religions being gay is a sin or i dunno stuff in that category~if he thinks eating beef is sinful, he should consider the fact that he mentioned he has "experimented" or what not with men as well as women so how is eating beef sinful compared to doing such things? if we are takling in terms of the bible here.....

they are on the same level, and neither are sinful, IMO..

How about you, if you think that being gay is wrong, then why don't you think eating meat and killing animals for it (even though you can live without meat anyway) is a sin? biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#37 Armo77

Armo77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:55 PM

If we were never ment to eat meat, then why do we have sharp teeth and canine teeth rather than flat teeth like other vegitarian animals?

#38 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (America-Hye @ Dec 28 2003, 10:15 PM)
You do not have to follow Jesus to be a vegatarian. I am not trying to convert Jews to Jesus. I am trying to enlighten everyone to the benefits of vegetarianism.

You are trying to "enlighten" by saying all "we sinners" will "pay" - aren't those the words you used in your first post, Haggy Googy? Memory getting short, I think you may not be 1.5 times as old as you may look.

#39 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Armo77 @ Dec 28 2003, 10:55 PM)
If we were never ment to eat meat, then why do we have sharp teeth and canine teeth rather than flat teeth like other vegitarian animals?

Don't let the word "canine" impress you - no self-respecting carnivore would pass by the human species without having a laugh for that one. If anything, we have long intestines like herbivores. Carnivores have short intestines to expell the rotting gook from the body as soon as possible. (That's why dogs' breaths smell, not much distance in there, ya know.) The reason why we can't synthesize B12 today and actually have to rely on meat to get it - hmmm, the discovery of fire and flint and the evolution of Homo sapiens that led to the obsolescence of the appendix, if I am not mistaken. Domino, any input?

#40 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:25 PM

Dan jan as i mentioned before thats not my belief im referring to the bible-im not saying that being gay is a sin or it isnt im totally passive about it-it doesnt matter to me im not judging people based on their sexual preference its none of my business if you read my post carefully you will understand my point exactly-i do believe that killing is a sin but the whole eating meat thing come on -its the way of the world-the insect feeds on grass, other animals feed on insects, and bigger animals feed on those animals and so on-its the way the world was set up-survival of the fittest-if you dont think killing animals is right then you should apply to it in a whole- a plant is also considered alive- so are vegitables and fruits, why do you eat them? they are a part of the world as well....because of survival-thats why-you can survive by just eating fruits/veggies--but not very nutritious---i dunno....depends on how you choose to look at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users