36 replies to this topic

#1 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:11 PM

At the massive estate of Aaron Spelling, his only child, Tori, married the Shanaian boy. I wonder what our viper-tongued Newport Beach Armenian matrons will be saying about this.

#2 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

From the encyclopedia:

"As a result of the long and varied history of the Jews, it is difficult to define a Jew. For example, there is no such thing as a Jewish race. Anyone born to a Jewish mother, or anyone who has converted to Judaism according to Jewish law, is a Jew. Many people define Jews as a persons who consider themselves Jews."

#3 Jewish Friend

Jewish Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Vigil @ Jul 15 2004, 04:27 PM)
From the encyclopedia:

"As a result of the long and varied history of the Jews, it is difficult to define a Jew. For example, there is no such thing as a Jewish race. Anyone born to a Jewish mother, or anyone who has converted to Judaism according to Jewish law, is a Jew. Many people define Jews as a persons who consider themselves Jews."

It is true that according to strict Jewish law her children are Jewish and have the right to return to Israel and get blown up! Big deal. Many intermarriages in reality like this dilute both parties..probably a good thing...especially in the great mellting pot America. In my experience..Armo-Jewish American marriages work out very well.

BTW..I have been away for about four months and notice everyone still picking on my cyber friend America-Hye!!! biggrin.gif lol JF

#4 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:42 PM

Smart boy, I say.

#5 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (America-Hye @ Jul 15 2004, 06:11 PM)
At the massive estate of Aaron Spelling, his only child, Tori, married the Shanaian boy. I wonder what  our viper-tongued Newport Beach Armenian matrons will be saying about this.

I had not seen this post, or I may have ignored it considering by whom it was posted. Neither have I seen any other (Armenian) source mentioning it.
Does it say anywhere in the news that the groom was in fact an Armenian?
As we well know that the -ian ending is not indicative of Armenian origin 100% of the time. Most often than not Jews have used it, specially those of Iran and Armenia. As to the surname itself, I don't remember seeing any Armenian families called Shanaian, even more suspicious is the fact that "shana" is a Hebrew word meaning "year" as in Rosh Ha Shana (head of the year), or "shana tova" (good year/happy new year.

Once again A-H and others keeps your pants on lest you anatomically betray your gentile-ness.

#6 Ludwig9

Ludwig9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:16 PM

I would say that he is about as Armenian as these Armenian family names : Hawwiian, Pedestrian and Politician. biggrin.gif

#7 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:20 PM

Variety did not mention that he is Armenian when they covered the story. He name is Charlie Shanian

#8 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

http://216.239.57.10...-faith&hl=en

I couldn't agree with you more. Everyone will have their own views but at the end of the day it is down to them.
There is a piece from People on the wedding but it is too much for me to include here but I will just put this bit about the vows as it is so beautiful
"The dual-faith ceremony – Spelling is Jewish, Shanian is Christian – incorporated traditions from both religions and vows the couple wrote themselves. "Charlie said, 'You're my angel, you're my light, you're giving me a love I would die to defend,' " recalls Tori. "I said he was my protector, that he taught me how to love and give love and to believe in things I never thought possible." "The moment when Tori said Charlie is her protector sums it all up," says bridesmaid Jennifer Raines. "Tori is much more calm with him. She's a different person with Charlie."
but I have added a new picture. Go buy People, it will all be there too.

#9 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:29 PM

some of you may have noticed, but I have met a few persians & 1 asian with a last name ending in "ian". does anyone for sure know that he is armenian?

some persians are jewish so maybe he is one of them.

btw, she looks kind of hot in that 2nd pic on the bottom smile.gif

Edited by armjan, 11 February 2005 - 05:30 PM.

#10 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (armjan @ Feb 11 2005, 05:29 PM)
some of you may have noticed, but I have met a few persians & 1 asian with a last name ending in "ian".  does anyone for sure know that he is armenian?

some persians are jewish so maybe he is one of them.

btw, she looks kind of hot in that 2nd pic on the bottom smile.gif

Her vorik might have allured you, but let's be honest, that woman's face could use some work. biggrin.gif

#11 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (sev-mard @ Feb 11 2005, 05:39 PM)
Her vorik might have allured you, but let's be honest, that woman's face could use some work.  biggrin.gif

amen.

#12 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:17 PM

The "People Magazine" article clearly stated that Shanian is Christian. Perhaps a Persian Christian. There is an Armineh Shanian living in Glendale, another Shanian in New York and a Parviz Shanian (obviously Persian) in LA. But the wedding announcement in the LA Times gave the name of Shanian's parents in LA. His father has a Christian name, but so do many Jews. Bottom line is that those who attended the wedding witnessed a dual-faith ceremony: Jewish/Christian.

#13 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:28 AM

http://people.aol.co...61233_2,00.html

#14 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:23 AM

http://people.aol.co..._661012,00.html

Edited by phantom22, 12 February 2005 - 02:25 AM.

#15 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:32 PM

Typical Hollywood marriage! They are now seperated. Seems Tori fell into a tryst with the Canadian actor she had to kiss as part of her role in a movie. She and Charlie are trying to work things out.

#16 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 11:38 PM

Shanian just filed for divorce.

#17 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

smile.gif

#18 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (gamavor @ Dec 27 2005, 09:11 PM)
smile.gif

Why are you smiling, Gams?

#19 Verginne

Verginne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:55 PM

Well, "if" he was by chance Armenian BEFORE the wedding...he will NOT be Armenian AFTER the wedding.

#20 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:34 AM

That is not always the case. Barry Goldwater was born to a Jewish father, but was raised as an Episcopalian like his mother. Ditto Paul Newman, who was raised as a Christian. I beleive Goldie Hawn was also raised as a Christian.

QUOTE (Verginne @ Jan 6 2006, 09:55 PM)
Well, "if" he was by chance Armenian BEFORE the wedding...he will NOT be Armenian AFTER the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users