8 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Mickail

Lord Mickail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:History, Gaming, Sports

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

have you ever notice how the old testament is views old as a vengeful god example: flooding, fire from the sky, the plagues, the wall of Jericho and how he told the Jews to go to war.
the new testament is preaching peace, love, unity. someone hit you turn the other cheek, dying for our sins to be forgotten rather kill us for our sins like the old testament.

i wonder how can god have to totally different ideologies huh.gif

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(Lord Mickail @ Jan 31 2007, 03:19 AM) View Post

have you ever notice how the old testament is views old as a vengeful god example: flooding, fire from the sky, the plagues, the wall of Jericho and how he told the Jews to go to war.
the new testament is preaching peace, love, unity. someone hit you turn the other cheek, dying for our sins to be forgotten rather kill us for our sins like the old testament.

FYI. We read the OT only in the bathroom and then we put it to good use.

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

Yah they both suck.

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(Lord Mickail @ Jan 30 2007, 10:19 PM) View Post

Very easy, when god allowed certain people to write the book for their needs.
One for them and one for the rest.

#5 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(Lord Mickail @ Jan 30 2007, 07:19 PM) View Post

Yes, but that's why Jesus kept saying "it's written... but I say it should be..." smile.gif

#6 Lord Mickail

Lord Mickail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:History, Gaming, Sports

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Jan 30 2007, 09:30 PM) View Post

me and you think alike .....lol smile.gif

*in bathroom* the Israelites are coming, the Israelites are coming..... biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Edited by Lord Mickail, 31 January 2007 - 11:32 AM.

#7 Iranpour

Iranpour

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Lord Mickail @ Jan 31 2007, 12:28 PM) View Post

me and you think alike .....lol smile.gif

*in bathroom* the Israelites are coming, the Israelites are coming..... biggrin.gif tongue.gif

the problem is not so much the Old Testament as it is the Talmud, which are commentaries on the Old Testament and which tend to be very racist towards Gentiles.

#8 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

OK, good. I was about to create a new topic about the Old Testament but glad that I won't.

I'm reading the Bible.

Yes, I'm reading the Bible. I thought that it's about time that I actually become familiar with one of the biggest religions in the world. I then plan to read the Koran and get also acquainted with Buddhism.

Now, I'm reading the Bible from the beginning. Of course I was familiar with the famous stories of Abraham, his son Isaac, Jacob, etc., but I was familiar with the clean, edited version of the stories through the Children's BIble. And yes, in my adult years I'd heard of adultery and incest and murder taking place in the Old Testament but let me tell you, I was not prepared for what I was about to read. So far I've only made it to Joseph and his forgiving of his brothers in Egypt. And so far I've been nothing but disgusted. Jacob, are you kidding me?! He did nothing to deserve being blessed. He cheated his twin brother, he cheated his father, his sons wiped out an entire city - killing the men, women, and children and stealing their belongings because one man had "defiled" their sister Dinah - yet he is regarded as a blessed and great man. Seriously, what does this teach to people?

Edited by Anoushik, 29 May 2011 - 02:04 PM.

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Yes, the OT. Does it stand for “old trash”?
The reason why our ancestors, yes our Armenian ancestors, the Paulicians** rejected that disgusting book the OT as irrelevant to Christianity, besides, they also rejected the concept of infant baptism as it is based on the premise of the “original sin”, that man is born of that shameful sinful act.
It is beyond me why the so called “christian” bible must always contain that “book” of hate, war, vengeance, human and animal sacrifice***, fratricide, patricide, infanticide, incest and adultery along with the NT, the book about love, peace, forgiveness etc. Add to that that cannabis/LSD laden hallucinatory “book” revelation that has nothing to do with Christianity which has been a matter of debate ever since.
Has anyone ever heard a sermon citing that stupid book?

**We have spoken about them in several posts. Do search the Forum using “Paulicians” as your keyword.
*** See the story of Abraham an Isaac, then see how Jesus attacked the merchants of sacrificial animals at the temple.
Human sacrifice;
http://en.wikipedia...._Caravaggio.jpg

Jesus trashing animal merchants;
http://en.wikipedia....ssés_du_Temple)_-_James_Tissot.jpg

Revelation;
http://www.2012ends....2011/03/fha.jpg

The good Shepherd. He did not slaughter lambs. He was the "sacrificial lamb"****;
http://4.bp.blogspot...od-shepherd.jpg

http://cache2.allpos...od-shepherd.jpg

If you think that act by Jesus ended the practice take ride from Yerevan to Ejmiatsin and observe all the merchants at the roadside selling all kinds of sacrificial animals. Which today we know by its sanitized word “matagh”.

Edited by Arpa, 30 May 2011 - 05:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users