28 replies to this topic

#21 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:15 PM

Good question Arpa. Why is google returning(on top of the list) the page I have posted above when one queries "Project Discovery Armenia".?

P.S. well technically it is possible but what was the motivation of the one who did the technical part.

Edited by Error 404, 08 February 2007 - 01:17 PM.

#22 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:31 AM

Movses jan; since I have recommended it; of course you can put me down too.

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jan 31 2007, 02:50 PM) View Post

This is a great undertaking and a project.

Mosjan; what do you say we collect monies and send it to Mr. Haik hakobyan to aid for his excavation project? It is quite an interesting project and our culture will benefit from it.

Besides, Anahit's, Vahakn and Mher's temples along with the other gods' are excavated too. smile.gif

#23 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:55 AM

Unfotunately we are only able to excavate sites in the ROA. Much of our history lies under the soil in the Republic of Turkey. A few years ago the Turkish military was sent to the site of Tigranakert, east of Diarbekir, to obliterate all the archaelogical remains there. I wonder what the Turkish government were so petrified of?

#24 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

phantom how dare you are blaming turkey of political vandalism!

Turkish taxpayers money is now going to the reconstruction of Axtamar church!
The whole project is not politically motivated it just shows the good will of Turkey!
And they are reconstructing the historical monument(Axtamar) which was destroyed by someone else!

It is not in turkish blood to demolish and destroy other nations ancient historical sites!
Turks are such peacefull and nice people. Archeology doesn't mean politics for them.

Excuse my sarcazm...

#25 neko

neko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(Error 404 @ Mar 13 2007, 11:08 PM) View Post

phantom how dare you are blaming turkey of political vandalism!

Turkish taxpayers money is now going to the reconstruction of Axtamar church!
The whole project is not politically motivated it just shows the good will of Turkey!
And they are reconstructing the historical monument(Axtamar) which was destroyed by someone else!

It is not in turkish blood to demolish and destroy other nations ancient historical sites!
Turks are such peacefull and nice people. Archeology doesn't mean politics for them.

Excuse my sarcazm...

And how many dollars of Armenian money is being spent, or is even being offered. Zero. mad.gif

I'll paraphrase the previous responses of several "valued" members of this forum on this very subject: "I'd rather every Armenian monument in Turkey were destroyed than one cent of Armenian money be given to Turkey to spend on them" and "I'd rather every Armenian church in Turkey were destroyed than see them preserved as anything other than working churches".

Excuse my honesty.

#26 neko

neko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Mar 11 2007, 04:55 PM) View Post

Unfotunately we are only able to excavate sites in the ROA. Much of our history lies under the soil in the Republic of Turkey. A few years ago the Turkish military was sent to the site of Tigranakert, east of Diarbekir, to obliterate all the archaelogical remains there. I wonder what the Turkish government were so petrified of?

If you are going to take info from Sinclair then get the info correct. There is a proper reference to the incident you are talking about in a previous thread about Tigranakert from a few years ago.

#27 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:58 AM

neko are you telling us that Turkey is willing to accept "armenian money" for reconstruction of armenian historical monuments (to destroy them agian on the next opportunity)?

Are there any organizations or govenrment agencies which collects the money for those purposes? And how reliable are they?

Somehow I never heard about such activities.

I will contribute in any organization knowing that my contribution will be spent on the reconstruction of our historical monements. And I want them to tell at the end that those historical monuments are of armenian origin and were built in the past by armenians!

#28 Armenak

Armenak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE(neko @ Mar 14 2007, 03:41 AM) View Post

And how many dollars of Armenian money is being spent, or is even being offered. Zero. mad.gif

I'll paraphrase the previous responses of several "valued" members of this forum on this very subject: "I'd rather every Armenian monument in Turkey were destroyed than one cent of Armenian money be given to Turkey to spend on them" and "I'd rather every Armenian church in Turkey were destroyed than see them preserved as anything other than working churches".

Excuse my honesty.

It's okay. We know you like the churches destroyed. The Turks damage the structures, and you complain that Armenians are not offering any money to restore or renovate them (so they can be vandalized again?).

Let's not even forget your rationale on those churches converted into mosques, markets or lyceums: "At least they're being preserved." Those benevolent Turks preserve the structures so well and those damn Armenians refuse to pay for renovations. The nerve of them.

#29 irlandahay

irlandahay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jan 31 2007, 12:50 PM) View Post

Besides, Anahit's, Vahakn and Mher's temples along with the other gods' are excavated too. smile.gif

but naturally anahits is more important tongue.gif wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users