6 replies to this topic

#1 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:39 AM

ARMENIAN PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES CREW OF CILICIA SAILING BOAT ON COMPLETION OF REGULAR STAGE OF TOUR

YEREVAN, AUGUST 19. ARMINFO. Armenian President Robert Kocharyan has sent a message to the captain and the crew of the sailing boat Cilicia congratulating thew, on completion of a regular stage of sea tour.

The presidential press-service informs ARMINFO that the congratulation message in particular phrases the bravery of the sailors who sailed under the flag of our Motherland displaying their will and endurance. Since the beginning of 2004 the sailing boat Cilicia constructed on the model of the boat functioning in the Armenian Cilicia Kingdom in the 13th century have crossed many seas and entered the Atlantic Ocean. We attentively follow each stage of the voyage and we are glad that Cilicia has successfully reached the English port Portsmouth wherefrom it will continue its voyage, says the message.

#2 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:22 PM

‘CILICIA’ RESUMES NAVIGATION

Serge Sargsian, Armenia’s defense minister, met with "Cilicia" vessel's crew, yesterday.

Colonel Seyran Shahsouvarian, press secretary of RA Defense Ministry, informed that Karen Balayan, captain of the ship, and writer Zori Balayan, represented the preparation works for the sea expedition to Mr. Sargsian.

Mr. Sargsian stated with satisfaction that two previous expeditions were successfully completed and added that the grasped experience will help finish the third expedition with honor. Mr. Sargsian awarded "Cilicia" vessel's crewmembers with "Admiral Isakov" medal for restoration of the tradition of middle age Armenian navigation and shipbuilding and contribution to strengthening the relations between Armenia and Diaspora.

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:23 PM

Cilicia Crew Awarded Admiral Isakov Medals
11.05.2006 18:02 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail In Russian In Armenian
/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Secretary of the National Security Council at the President of Armenia, Defense Minister Serge Sargsyan awarded Cilicia vessel crew with Admiral Isakov medals for restoring Armenian navigation, traditions of medieval shipbuilding and strengthening Armenia-Diaspora ties. According to Spokesperson of the Armenian Defense Minister, colonel Seyran Shahsuvaryan, during the meeting Cilicia captain Karen Balayan and commissar, writer and publicist Zory Balayan presented the course of preparation works for the final phase of the voyage in Russian rivers and return of the vessel to Armenia. In his turn S. Sargsyan noted that the first and second phases of the voyage of the Cilicia vessel were successful.

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:23 PM

Cilicia Vessel Became Symbol of Armenia, Oskanian Said
11.05.2006 17:46 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail In Russian In Armenian
/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Armenian Foreign Minister (FM) Vartan Oskanian met with the crew of Cilicia vessel led by writer and publicist Zory Balayan, reports the Press Service of the Armenian MFA. During the meeting the navigators told of preparation works to the final phase of the voyage, noting these are held as scheduled. Oskanian assured the navigators that the Armenian MFA is ready to assist in any matters of preparation, as well as during the voyage. The Armenian FM appreciated the role of the travelers, noting Cilicia vessel has become a symbol of Armenia.

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:24 PM

Cilicia to Put out Again May 28
11.05.2006 17:28 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail In Russian In Armenian
/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Today Armenian President Robert Kocharian met with Cilicia vessel crew, reports the Press Service of the Armenian leader. May 14 Cilicia crew will leave for London to prepare to the final phase of their voyage. The Armenian President reported that talks are held with foreign companies for building docks in the Lake Sevan.

We note that Cilicia will be put out of south England May 28 and will head for Kale French port. Then, having passed the North and Baltic Seas along the coastline of a number of states, Cilicia will arrive in Saint Petersburg in August. From there it will go to Poti port in the Black Sea. Then the ship will be transported to Armenia overland and the Lake Sevan will host it next spring.

#6 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

A1+  
Vikings’ descendants backup Armenians (video)
fryhPqXMBWc.jpg

Norwegians are building a ship of exactly the same size (20 meters) as the Armenian Cilicia. The building technology is a bit different. Norwegian ship will be lighter than the Armenian one. Clastat will appear in the open see in September, 2018.

“I have studied the project very carefully: our trip, every detail about which we did not even think. They have advantages over us. We cannot conduct archaeological expeditions in Cilicia; our ship is rebuilt due to the manuscripts,” said Karen Balayan, Captain of Cilicia

The descendants of the Vikings are going to repeat the Armenians’ work and navigate with Clastat through the waters in Europe, including Scandinavian countries. “Eight captains will be changed in three years. I am invited to be the captain of the ship for a stage. Norwegians are people of the sea and when they invite a captain from the mountainous country, then it is a sign of their respect,” said the Armenian capitan modestly.

Karen Balayan has no doubt that his and Norwegians’ trip will be successful, as they are professional and responsible people. He received the offer in September at an international conference of captains held in Tonsbers, Norway.

The conference was attended by Ghuka Chabashi, Istanbul University professor, whose team of archaeologists is now excavating vessels found in the port of Theodosius. The Turks recovered one of the ships, having the shovels as Cilicia. Karen Balayan remembered that during Cilicia’s voyage the shovels broke; he warned his Turkish college about that. “I said that storms are even more dangerous in small seas, and that they should be careful. I explained him that the construction of the shovels should be changed. The Turkish Professor said that he would take it into consideration and change it.”

Though repaired, it stands on the shore of Lake Sevan. Karen Balayan said instead of the ship Cilicia“It is expensive to sail, the staff of Cilicia big, and sailing with them is also connected with the finances. Calling the 100 tone crane is expensive, as well; so we decided not to spend money.”

They also thought about bringing Cilicia to Sevan in the tourist season. However, the 2-month-long season will not provide with enough income to cover costs, especially with revenue. They are ready to start cooperate with investors.

http://en.a1plus.am/1265394.html

• MosJan likes this

#7 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 01:38 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users