#1 ara baliozian

ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Interests:literature

Posted 03 July 2001 - 11:02 PM

the palestinians have been victimized by jews?
and the jews have been victimized by the world for thousands of years.
why be selective in our sympathies?

#2 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 04 July 2001 - 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ara baliozian:
the palestinians have been victimized by jews?
and the jews have been victimized by the world for thousands of years.
why be selective in our sympathies?

Note the "?" after "the palestinians have been victimized by jews"

Now that Ara's pockets seem to be full of Israeli shekels, he will soom be saying Armenian "genocide" rather than Armenian genocide, and perhaps at this moment is practicing to spell the word alleged.

Steve

#3 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 01 September 2001 - 06:55 AM

ara baliozian
Member # 271
posted July 04, 2001 07:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PALESTINIANS / JEWS
ARMENIANS / TURKS
There are many parallels and as many unlearned lessons here.
But first, let me warn the reader that I am not here to defend Jews, Turks, and Americans. They can take care of their own. Besides, I am too busy with our own crap to shovel someone else’s.
Only one fellow in ten thousand understands the complexities of Middle-Eastern politics and we meet him every day.

Why is it that people who sympathize with the Palestinians because (they say) they have been victimized by the Jews for fifty years have no room for sympathy for the Jews who have been victimized by the world for five thousand years?
I remember, when I pointed this out to an Armenian lady from Iraq, she replied: "The Jews have been victimized because everyone hates them, and they are hated because they deserve to be!"

Hatred has no place in politics -- hatred, blood feuds, vendettas, grudges and emotions in general tend to backfire because they make one blind. If you have ever confronted someone who hates you, you know that it is impossible to reason and to come to terms with him. That’s because hatred is an insatiable monster. It demands the total annihilation of the enemy.

I was brought up to hate the Turks: one reason why I would never negotiate with them. Instead I would ask a third party and a total outsider to represent me.

If peace is ever established in the Middle East it will be because of negotiators without grudges and scores to settle. But as long as there are Palestinians, Jews, Armenians and Turks who think of themselves as victims, there will be no light at the end of the tunnel.

The Jews think they have been victimized by the world. The Palestinians think they have been victimized by the Jews and the Americans. The Turks think they have been victimized by the great powers of Europe and Russia from without and from within by Greeks, Kurds, and Armenians….

War-makers are driven by blind emotion; peace-makers by objective compromisers.
In war one side is bound to lose more than the other. In peace both sides are bound to profit.

Now, let us pray….

--------------------

ara baliozian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users