• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 haroutyun

haroutyun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:08 AM

I was wondering if anyone is willing to start up a project to gather all of Paul's albums into an entire collection, in its lossless .flac CD quality, rather than mp3 or ripped off YouTube. I currently have four of his albums, Gyanki Dzaghik, Sirem, Miayn Intz Siri, and Happy Birthday, all ripped into lossless .flac. You guys ready to dig deep into your family's CD/Cassette collection?

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

Hi haroutyun, welcome to Hyeforum!

I have no idea what is lossless.flac format. If this format is downloadable by members than we'll have royalty issues and it will not be fair for Paul's estate handlers. If it's only for listening than maybe it's OK just like U-Tube. What do you think Mosjan?

Edited by Yervant1, 05 May 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,228 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hello Haroutjan
welcome  to HyeForum.

Yervand  jan agree with you. be fair for Paul's estate handlers.
the estate  is  splitting in 2 - his  wife and  Paul JR,
was  told that Paul has some  unpublished  songs. lets  hope  soon  it  will be  out

Sorry  HArout jan

#4 haroutyun

haroutyun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:00 AM

Mersi mersi. Glad to be here.

I guess it's a little unfair... I was thinking that it would also be nice for people who don't have access to a means of purchase. I do have his entire collection in a lower quality, however with a CD quality (depiste the fact that his earlier albums were on tapes). I believe Paul had a lot of old songs that are no longer circulating, such as his Arabic and English songs, and some recordings for each album that were left unreleased for various reasons. Here's one song I don't have a copy of:

I really do hope they release a grand collection one day, including all he never released on CD. He truly was of great talent.

#5 haroutyun

haroutyun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hi haroutyun, welcome to Hyeforum!
I have no idea what is lossless.flac format. If this format is downloadable by members than we'll have royalty issues and it will not be fair for Paul's estate handlers. If it's only for listening than maybe it's OK just like U-Tube. What do you think Mosjan?

Lossless .flac is the digital equivilent of the music recorded onto the CD. It holds the highest quality that can be distributed, whereas other formats such as mp3 are compressed and lose the majority of the song's audible quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users