Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:30 AM

Armenia will ban single-use plastics: Minister
Armenia will ban single-use plastics: Minister
July 10, 2018 - 16:26 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - Single-use plastics will be banned nationwide, Minister of Nature Protection Erik Grigoryan told reporters on Tuesday, July 10.

“The process will launch in a community and will spread to the entire province, and after a while Armenia will join the countries that have banned single-use plastics,” Grigoryan said, according to Aysor.am.

According to him, this is a global trend, with a number of countries having already eliminated the use of disposable plastic.

“At the moment, we can’t impose a ban on the use of plastics altogether, but we are starting the process,” Grigoryan said.

http://www.panarmeni...ng/news/257696/

#2 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

Good that might help ~ when we were in Armenia ~ the family spent three days cleaning and removing bottles and trash for the flower beds ( you know those large areas with short walls in the front that were to be planted ) at Saint Gregory the Illuminator Cathedral ~ the vendors let us put the rubbish in their barrels ~ much of the rubbish came from the vendors ```

I did this in Arabkir where we were living as well ~ thousand of bottles  ```

At times people stopped to ask " why are you doing that ? "

Edited by onjig, 10 July 2018 - 03:23 PM.

• MosJan likes this

#3 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:07 AM

I hated the idea of the US banning plastic bags. It was very convenient to use it for everyday use. We even used it for trash. But how ever its much cleaner this way. I would see it everywhere, it would even fly on my car while I was driving. This is the US, where its not okay to litter.

Now I dont know how Armenia is now. The last time I went there was 20 years ago. But it was very messy on the streets. It seemed like nobody cared. I could just imagine how these bags will be all over the place.

Just like here in the US, it will be hard at first, but theyll get used to get. Now they want to ban plastic straws. I wonder how that will work out. Who knows, they might start banning plastic straws at Armenia too.

#4 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

I feel the same way ```

onjig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users