MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 11:52 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

TIGRAN NAGHDALYAN, PRESIDENT OF STATE COMMITTEE OF PUBLIC TV AND RADIO ASSASSINATED
- December 28, 2002 23:27

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Tigran Naghdalyan, the President of the State Committee of the Public TV and Radio was seriously wounded from a gun shot and transferred to the Hospital N.3 of Yerevan on December 28 at about 19.30. The surgery lasted 2,5 hours, but the doctors did not succeed in saving Tigran Naghdalyan’s life.

[ December 30, 2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: MosJan ]

#2 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 11:52 AM

President Robert Kocharian's Statement on the assassination of Tigran Naghdalian, the Chairman of the Armenian Public Television Council

Dear fellow countrymen,
I am shocked by this cowardly manifestation of terrorism. Those people, who attach no value to human life, who cannot be in peace because of the country's stability and progress, who have absolutely neglected the people's festive mood in this holiday season – those people defied the entire society. By raising their hand on the most valuable – a human life – the terrorists wanted to stab in the back all those, who, with their daily activities, were trying to create a peaceful, stable and prosperous homeland. Everything from the mere idea of the crime to its execution indicates that we are dealing with the most cowardly of creatures. Neither me, nor the public will forgive this.
I extend my condolences to Tigran Naghdalian's relatives, the staff of the Armenian Public Television, all Armenian journalists and TV audiences.
Law enforcement agencies have received appropriate orders and all the necessary procedures are now being followed. Everything will be done to find and punish the authors and perpetrators of this cowardly crime.

President Robert Kocharian has sent a message of condolences to the Naghdalian family in connection with the tragic death of Tigran Naghdalian, Chairman of the Public Television and Radio Commission.
The message reads as follows:
"I am shocked by the monstrous assassination of Tigran Naghdalian. This crime was directed against the entire society.
Tigran Naghdalian had won great respect and wide recognition with his pen and word and his high professional and human qualities. The pain of loss of this famous journalist and worthy person is great. I express my sincere condolences to the family and relatives of Tigran Naghdalian."

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:18 AM

ONE OF LEADING ARMENIAN TV JOURNALISTS SHOT IN YEREVAN

DECEMBER 29. One of the leading Armenian TV journalists, the chairman of the Board of Directors of Armenian Public Television, Tigran Naghdalyan, was shot down in Yerevan Saturday evening, around 7 pm, while leaving his parents' house.

The 36-year-old Naghdalyan died a few hours later in the hospital.

Tigran Naghdalyan graduated from Romano-German Department of Yerevan State University and worked in the RFE/RL. In 1993 he set up his own news agency "Fact"; in 1997 the "Kaym" Tv company. In 1998 he headed National Armenian Television. In 2001 he became chairman of the board of directors of the Armenian Public Television.

Investigation is underway, led by a group of representatives of the Prosecutor General's Office, the police and the National Security Service.

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:18 AM

ARMENIAN PROSECUTOR GENERAL'S OFFICE SAYS MURDER OF TIGRAN NAGHDALYAN WAS TERRORIST ACT

DECEMBER 29. The General Prosecutor's Office of Armenia has instituted a criminal case on the fact of the Saturday murder of the chairman of the Board of Directors of Armenian Public Television, Tigran Naghdalyan. The counts are terrorist act and illegal possession and use of arms and ammunition.

According to a source at the Prosecutor General's Office, nobody has been detained yet. Several versions are being considered, but no specifications are given.

It should be noted that not long before the murder, some opposition media had reported Naghdalyan as intending to shortly leave his post.

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:19 AM

MURDERERS OF TIGRAN NAGHDALYAN HAVE THROWN THE GAUNTLET TO THE WHOLE ARMENIAN PUBLIC: ARMENIAN PRESIDENT

DECEMBER 29. "I was shocked by this mean act of terrorism. People who do not care a farthing for human life, who are annoyed by stability and progress in the country, who have ignored the people's holiday mood, have thrown the gauntlet to the whole Armenian public," Armenian President Robert Kocharyan said commenting on the Saturday murder of the chairman of the Board of Directors of Armenian Public Television.

"Those people have raised their hand on the holiest value of a human being - his life. Their objective was a stab in the back of those whose daily effort is to build a peaceful, stable and prosperous Armenia." "The very idea and method of the murder are despicable. This cannot be forgiven," Kocharyan said extending his condolences to the family and colleagues of Naghdalyan, to all the Armenian journalists and TV viewers.

The presidential press service reports that Kocharyan has already given necessary instructions to the Armenian law enforcers. "We will do our best to detect and to punish the mean organizers of this outrageous act," he said.

#6 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

ARMENIAN POLITICIANS DIFFER IN THEIR OPINIONS ABOUT MOTIVES OF TIGRAN NAGHDALYAN'S MURDER

DECEMBER 29. Representatives of the Armenian political parties differ in their opinions about the motives of the Saturday murder of the chairman of the Board of Directors of Armenian Public Television, Tigran Naghdalyan.

The chairman of the National-Democratic Union, Vazgen Manoukyan, and the leader of the National-Democratic Bloc, Arshak Sadoyan, doubt that the murder was political. In their opinion, it was either an economic and an ordinary crime.

The chairman of the parliamentary faction of the Dashnaktsoutyun party, Aghvan Vardanyan, is of an opposite opinion. He says the murder was an attempt at destabilizing the situation in Armenia before the forthcoming presidential and parliamentary elections. Naghdalyan was killed by people seeking destabilization.

According to another Dashnaktsoutyun member, Vahan Hovhannissyan, Naghdalyan's assassins acted against freedom of speech in Armenia

#7 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

SPEAKER OF ARMENIAN PARLIAMENT BLAMES MURDERERS OF LEADING ARMENIAN JOURNALIST

DECEMBER 29. The speaker of the Armenian Parliament, Armen Khachatryan, has extended his deep condolences to the family and friends of one of the leading Armenian Tv journalist, the chairman of the Board of Directors of Armenian Public Television, Tigran Naghdalyan, who was killed in Yerevan Saturday evening while leaving his parents' house.

"I deeply regret his untimely death," Khachatryan said expressing conviction that the crime would be detected as soon as possible and the assassins would receive the punishment they deserved.

Khachatryan blamed this savage reprisal and called for vigilance and responsibility. However manifested terrorism must be fully eradicated, he said.

#8 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:20 AM

DASHNAKTSOUTYUN PARTY QUALIFIES MURDER OF TIGRAN NAGHDALYAN AS ACT OF TERRORISM

DECEMBER 29. The Dashnaktsoutyun party qualifies the Saturday murder of one of the leading TV journalists of Armenia, Tigran Naghdalyan, as an act of terrorism.

In its official statement today the party says that the bullet aimed at Naghdalyan was aimed against stability and freedom of speech in Armenia. The organizers of the crime are not interested in Armenia's stable development, the revival of the Amenian nation, and the predictability of its future. This was a challenge to the Armenian public.

The party urges Armenia's law enforcers and authorities to find and punish those guilty of the murder.

#9 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:23 AM

ARMENIAN JOURNALISM LOST ONE OF ITS MOST TALENTED SONS: ARMENIAN FM

DECEMBER 29. The Armenian Foreign Ministry expressed today its deep regret about the murder of one of the leading TV journalists of Armenia, the chairman of the Board of Directors of Armenian Public Television, Tigran Naghdalyan.

"The Armenian journalism has lost one of its most talented sons, noted for brilliant mind and high human qualities." "The nascent idea of opposing progress in Armenia must be crashed in the bud by law," says the FM extending its deep condolences to Naghdalyan's relatives and colleagues.

#10 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:23 AM

SECRETARY OF SECURITY COUNCIL HEADS GOVERNMENTAL COMMISSION FOR TIGRAN NAGHDALYAN'S FUNERAL

DECEMBER 29. The secretary of the presidential Security Council, Serzh Sargsyan, has been appointed to head the governmental Commission for the Organization of the Funeral of Tigran Naghdalyan, the chairman of the Board of Directors of Armenian Public Television, killed Saturday evening.

According to the press service of the Prosecutor General's Office, the investigation into Naghdalyan's murder has not yet given results. The investigating group is led by representative of the Prosecutor General's Office, legal adviser of first class Hektor Sardaryan.

It should be noted that Naghdalyan was killed while leaving his parents' house Saturday evening. The bullet, obviously fired from a TT gun by a professional killer from behind, went fight through Naghdalyan's head. Upon hearing the sound of the shot, Naghdalyan's brother rushed out of his flat just to see Tigran dying on the ground. Doctors were unable to save his life.

#11 Rubo

Rubo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Art & Armenian issues

Posted 30 December 2002 - 11:18 AM

Deeply tragic and sad.Is there anyone here who posts from Yerevan?Your views are highly anticipated since you are closer to this tragic event.

#12 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 01:29 PM

TIGRAN NAGHDALIAN'S MURDERERS ARRESTED
- March 06, 2003 01:32

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The public relations department of the Armenian Police has released a report that due to efficient measures the executors of the act of terrorism resulting in assassination of chairman of the Council of the Public Television and Radio Tigran Naghdalian December 28 last year are identified and detained. The killer himself and another five accomplices in the crime are arrested. A TT model pistol, by means of which the crime was committed, is discovered.

<!> Reproduction in full or in part is prohibited without reference to "PanARMENIAN.Net"

#13 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 05 March 2003 - 02:01 PM

How remarkable that they are "detained" on the day of election, or it has been made public on that day.

I wonder which opposition activists are going to be held repsobsible for it.

#14 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 02:30 PM

ehh Martin inch anhavat es // voch mi dzevi qez xapel chi lini

Trerq@ vor asum en uremn brnel en - yev 101% vstah en vor zenq@ irents motiots gtnvi - enpes vor amen inch arvatsa vor irenq linen / Havata !!!

#15 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 02:54 PM

Havatum em.

Isk zenki gtnvele ansahman hetakrkir e.

#16 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 05 March 2003 - 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
How remarkable that they are "detained" on the day of election, or it has been made public on that day.

MJ, there was always rumors that the people killed because him knew too much and that is why the killers were not being caught prior to the election. I had even heard that soon after the election they will catch his murderers. Who knew that it would be few hours after.

How sad for our motherland to be in the hands of corrupt leaders from top to bottom.

[ March 05, 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Azat ]

#17 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
Havatum em.

Isk zenki gtnvele ansahman hetakrkir e.

mez mot Pasadena PD'n 3it's 5 orva mej stanum e pampushti balestikneri patasxan@ - yete petq e stugel isk Yerevanum iyn karror en stugel dzerbakalman jamanak nuynisk minjev dzerpakalel@ ba ( Hamo jan mi nayi inqna - xa matar lox inqna ) Yerevani vostikanner@ misht mek qayl araj en ashxarhi bolor vostikanerits : Kettsen !!!

#18 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Azat:
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

MJ, there was always rumors that the people killed because him knew too much and that is why the killers were not being caught prior to the election. I had even heard that soon after the election they will catch his murderers. Who knew that it would be few hours after.

How sad for our motherland to be in the hands of corrupt leaders from top to bottom.

Azat shat zguysh xosir du el mi or tursit gnalu es Yerevan che AyeraPortum qez k@dimavoren

#19 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 05:52 PM

quote:
[QUOTE]MJ, there was always rumors that the people killed because him knew too much and that is why the killers were not being caught prior to the election. I had even heard that soon after the election they will catch his murderers. Who knew that it would be few hours after.

Azat,

Though I have heard some rumors, I don't want to talk about something I am not sure about.

However, we can recognize that the Armenian political chessboard is not complicated, by being small, first of all. But it is brutal. I would not be surprised to learn tomorrow or the coming few days that the accused are people associated with Aram Sarkissyan. That is what the chess game dictates, currently.

#20 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
quote:
[QUOTE]MJ, there was always rumors that the people killed because him knew too much and that is why the killers were not being caught prior to the election. I had even heard that soon after the election they will catch his murderers. Who knew that it would be few hours after.

Azat,

Though I have heard some rumors, I don't want to talk about something I am not sure about.

However, we can recognize that the Armenian political chessboard is not complicated, by being small, first of all. But it is brutal. I would not be surprised to learn tomorrow or the coming few days that the accused are people associated with Aram Sarkissyan. That is what the chess game dictates, currently.

Martin jan kneres / gites vorqan em hargum qez yev qo kartsiq@ sakayn sxalvum es - mer@ shaxmat chi Iyl k@tatsnovi Shashki. urraki xndrum em iys yerkus@ chxarrnel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users