MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,274 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 11:15 PM

THERE IS A WORLD TERRORIST WEB, INCLUDING THE BALKANS AND CHECHNYA

Posted Image

“This is my fourth visit to Armenia this year and I hope that my talks with Armenian defense minister Serge Sargisian will give a new quality to Armenian-Russian military cooperation,” Russian defense minister Sergey Ivanov said on Thursday upon his arrival at Yerevan Zvartnots airport.

Speaking to reporters at the airport Serge Sargisian stressed Armenia’s strategic partnership with Russia, which is fixed in numerous bilateral agreements. “But as our relations are of diverse character and the reality is constantly changing bringing forth new challenges we have to contently supplement the package of documents defining our future collaboration,“ Sargisian said. He also said that seven key agreements would be signed during president Putin’s visit to Yerevan, scheduled for today.

Both ministers could not avoid answering questions related to US terrorist attacks. Sargisian said that these events come once again to prove that even most developed and powerful countries are not protected from terrorism. “Threats are coming from many angles of the world and they all are united by the international terrorism. It can display itself in every corner,” Ivanov said, adding that all the terrorist spots are interrelated and inter-linked. Ivanov also said that there is a direct linkage between Chechen terrorist and Usama bin Laden

© Copyright AZG

#42 Karine

Karine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:music

Posted 14 September 2001 - 04:09 PM

Including USA

#43 Karine

Karine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:music

Posted 14 September 2001 - 04:10 PM

USA -responsible for the death of 2 million iraqies

#44 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,274 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 04:15 PM

Hmm -

#45 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 08:50 PM

Amennal makrein, turkeri hed miasin aveli lav g'lar!

#46 dragon

dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 09:04 PM

tun al 75 daregan mamayis bes khoselou usgsar

#47 Anahid Takouhi

Anahid Takouhi

Meg Hadig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Yes Taguhi Pid Darnam

Posted 14 September 2001 - 09:47 PM

Can anybody post the recent news of ''Noyan Tapan'' or ''Armenpres''...I'm not sure, where Azrbaijan is accusing Armenians for being involved in the terrorist attacks?

They are pointing to ASALA and Hunchags, saying that these two have already worked with Arab terrorists and it is possible to get envolved in such acts and plans in regards that Boston is a very suitable place for Armenian terrorists, where large Armenian community exists.

We must attack on such nonsense news, don't you think so?

#48 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,274 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 02:28 PM

SECURITY TIGHTENS AT YEREVAN AIRPORT
The terrorist actions in the USA have proved that nothing can be guaranteed on this globe and even the US aviation, equipped with the most sophisticated devices can be brought to knees by a group of terrorist.

Many airports in the USA, closed in the wake of deadly suicide attacks, reopened soon after the flight ban was lifted, but some others were slow to do so as officials worked to meet new tighter security guidelines.

Those measures include a ban on all knives, the elimination of curbside and off-airport check-ins, the use of federal air marshals, and a prohibition of all but ticketed passengers beyond airport metal detectors. Passengers also will be required to go to ticket counters to check in.

As regards the Yerevan Zvartnots airport, which is classified as II class airport by the ICAO and has the longest runway in the Caucasus, it receives airplanes by several foreign companies, such as British Airways, Austrian Airlines, Swiss Air, Syrian Airlines and several others.

The officials at the airport said the security measures are conducted in line with the ICAO requirements, which mainly refer to flight safety, control of the runway and rescuers work. Airport security deputy chief Feroyan said that the entire territory of the airport is overseen by the security service and is divided into three zones, external control zone, administrative control zone and a special zone control. The aviation security system has been operating irrespective of the terrorist acts in the USA, but after September 11 officials introduced tighter security measures in all zones, including luggage and passengers check.

Gayane Mukoyan

© Copyright AZG

#49 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,274 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 02:29 PM

TWO ARMENIANS KILLED IN US TERRORIST ATTACK
The Armenian Church in North America said that two New York residing Armenians have been buried under the rubble of the World Trade Center and have supposedly died as other 5,000. The Armenian Church said that several dozens Armenians working in the World Trade Center buildings, who, except the two, were not in the buildings when two suicide planes crashed into them. The New York Times published in its Friday issue the names of all passengers who were hijacked with the planes and became victims of the acts, but no Armenian names were on the list.

#50 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 15 September 2001 - 02:36 PM

Many Armenians who arrived to these shores between 1870 and 1930 Anglified their names. Armenian women are also married to odars. The myopia of some of you amazes me.

#51 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,274 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hmayk:
Can anybody post the recent news of ''Noyan Tapan'' or ''Armenpres''...I'm not sure, where Azrbaijan is accusing Armenians for being involved in the terrorist attacks?

They are pointing to ASALA and Hunchags, saying that these two have already worked with Arab terrorists and it is possible to get envolved in such acts and plans in regards that Boston is a very suitable place for Armenian terrorists, where large Armenian community exists.

We must attack on such nonsense news, don't you think so?

you can find it at this link

L I N K

#52 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Always changing

Posted 15 September 2001 - 05:38 PM

Many innocents died in that attack, but it was a good wake up call to the policies conducted by the US around the world. The majority of the worlds population hates the USA and if I was a Palestinian, Iraqi, Afgani or a dozen other nationalities I would be celebrating too.

#53 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 15 September 2001 - 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Juggernaut:
Many innocents died in that attack, but it was a good wake up call to the policies conducted by the US around the world. The majority of the worlds population hates the USA and if I was a Palestinian, Iraqi, Afgani or a dozen other nationalities I would be celebrating too.

From all I can gather you are already celebrating.

#54 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dragon:
tun al 75 daregan mamayis bes khoselou usgsar

Yes 76 daregan yem!

#55 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 06:05 PM

Actually, anong vor bedke urahanan h'rianernen!

#56 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 06:09 PM

From all I can gather you are already celebrating.

Yes, I did celebrate for like 15 minutes the morning I turned the TV on and saw the WTC collapsing. I initially thought the attack had been carried out at night (how else could the bombers bring so much explosives into the building), hence casualties would be minimal. But when I realised that they flew planes into the buildings and moreover it took place at like 8:30am, then I stopped celebrating and indeed am now sad because the possibility of economic consequences and the fact that many more are going to die for the US to extract its revenge.

#57 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 06:11 PM

Actually, anong vor bedke urahanan h'rianernen!

Yes, they have gained the most from that attack.

#58 edward demian

edward demian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:history, int. trade, recycling equipment.

Posted 15 September 2001 - 10:11 PM

I was surfing the Hye forum some time back and I ran accross a lenghty article quoting an Egiptian newpaper that categorically pointed to Azerbaijian as a major training center for Ben Laden's terorists. In a newspaper (Asbarez) the Armenian Official news agency named several villages north of Karabagh that had been converted to Chechen terrorist training grounds. The former Armenian villages, previously emptied of their Armenian population had been resettled by Chechens.
We need to get more documentation and uncover Azerbaijians role in the international terrorist network. I have two documentaries, Karabagh's wounds I & II. In a segment, they claim that several hundred Afghani fighters were fighting with the Azery army. Stacks of ID's and personnal letters belonging to Afghani fighters were shown. These had been dead or captured fighters. And that was nearly ten years ago.
The American people need to know. if anyone can help me find that article, I will submit it to the authorities and the news agencies.

#59 alpha

alpha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 September 2001 - 12:27 PM

Recently many news sources, referring to government officials’ statements, discuss a lot about the WAR or WORLD WAR III. Any reasonable person knows that for a major World War, two opposing sides have to be militarily in equal standing. What country is US going to war with. Afghanistan? World War III between Afghanistan and US. It just makes me laugh. But Afghanistan did not do anything. It even condemned the attacks. There is not enough evidence to support the involvement of Afghani government in a terrorist attack. So even if US bombs this impoverished country, just like it bombed Yugoslavia, it becomes an aggressor. I thought they don’t support aggressors. Instead of looking at reasons that pushed these people to sacrifice themselves and take 5,000 lives with them, US officials close their eyes on demands of terrorists. Terror is a sign of weakness. It’s a last resort for people who feel powerless to confront a major power. So instead of bombing innocent civilians in Afghanistan, just like US did in Serbia, it should look at demands of these terrorists. What causes people to sacrifice themselves; obviously dissatisfaction from the US foreign policy in the Middle East. US unconditionally supports Israel, thus alienating Arabs and reinforcing the feelings of a perpetual victims amongst Palestinian Arabs. The bombing will turn into a PR campaign to satisfy the feeling of revenge by American public. It’s really sad that majority of people of a civilized country such as US, support the medieval notion, “blood for blood”. I thought we were more civilized, but apparently I was mistaken.

#60 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 16 September 2001 - 01:51 PM

Alpha,

I have been following almost all the news channels over the last few days, reading USA Today and WSJ. I haven’t come across any serious insinuations of “World War III” by the media or the press – at least the mainstream one. As a matter of fact, I observe the mainstream US media being quite restrained on the subject.

All the insinuations by the mainstream media of declarations of war are made in a the sense of declaring war to the International Terrorism directed at its eradication.

However, I am surprised at your declarations that Afghanistan has not done anything. Even if we assume that Afghanistan has not directly participated in the organization of the acts of terrorism, evidently it has harbored and accommodated most vicious terrorist organizations and has provided them with the freedom to set training camps.

Additionally, anyone who is a little bit familiar with the Middle Eastern/Pakistani/Indian/Afghani cultures, would know that their declarations of their nonparticipation in the acts of incrementing character do not deserve much credit – have heard about Eastern “Shoghokortutiun?”

So far, the US government has not given any indications that it is going to bomb Afghanistan or how is it going to respond. From all the accounts available, it is evident that those in charge have a very sober understanding of the problem, its complexities, idiosyncrasies, etc. It has not given any indications of being driven by the principle of “eye for eye,” but has pledged to work along the lines of the eradication of terrorism wherever it may be. Any country sponsoring or harboring terrorists should be rightfully considered as terrorist state and face the consequences.

As far as the bombing of the civilians and the civilian objects of Yugoslavia are concerned, I share your resentment, and I have expressed my resentment at the time quite vociferously. Not because of the innocence of Yugoslavia, which I think has committed acts constituting crimes against humanity, but because of the acts of NATO itself have constituted war crimes. However, I would like to add that by the admission of the NATO countries, the objects being bombed have been voted on unilaterally by all the countries of NATO. The only country which has expressed slight discomfort with it has been Greece. Therefore, blaming the Yugoslavian bombings just on the US is unfair, I think. I would be very much for inviting the leftist liberal whinnies of the Vietnam war (such us the previous president of the US) along with General Wesley Clark and the European leaders to stand criminal charges.

As far as the demands of the terrorists in the latest action are concerned, while taking 5000 innocent lives, they didn’t even advance any demands. Their acts were not simple acts of terrorism, and the signature was not one of terrorism, but rather of war. The war has been declared not by the US but to the Western Civilization – this is not an action of desperate people appealing to their last resort, but a evolution of a systematic process of purely ideological character to the next stage. For example, few months ago such attempt has been made against the EuroParliament – fortunately the German secret service has been successful in preventing the usage of serane (spelling ?) gas at the premises of that body. It is illusion to think that these actions are just directed at the US.

I also share your resentment of the level of the US support given to Israel against the Palestinians. However, it is well known that it is not unconditional. It is well known that both the senior Bush administration and the Clinton administration have been systematically exerting strong pressure on Israel. While not justifying the policies of Israel towards the Palestinian, and feeling sympathetic to the plea of the latest, it would be a gross misrepresentation of the picture of the region to lay all the blame on Israel. First of all, with the exception of Egypt and Jordan, I think, no other Arab state has recognized the right of Israel to exist in the region, moreover, they have pledged for the distraction of Israel. Additionally, anytime there is a perspective of a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians, Hamaz, Jihad, and others intensify their suiside bombings to blow any possible resolution up. Israel, while far not behaving like an angel itself, is subject to a daily terror. Under such circumstances, it is not even meaningful to define whose fault it is – it is the fault of both side.

While, obviously, there are angry voices in the US to bomb Afghanistan to the stone age[1], most of the people behave and express themselves in a very restrained and dignified manner, and expect their government to take only meaningful measures.

Therefore, I think you are indeed mistaken, only not in the sense you claim, but rather in your initial premise.

________
1 Note that Afghanistan is already in the stone age, and bombing it wouldn't even change on a qualitative level anything substantial there.

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: MJ ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users