Photo

The Real Face Of War

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:21 AM

WARNING: Graphic.

http://fallujapictures.blogspot.com/

#2 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:21 AM

I guess freakin republicans think they can arrogantly go to a country reduce it to rubble and corpses and"build" an American version of it. How crude and shortsighted.

Edited by Armat, 20 November 2004 - 12:15 AM.

#3 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:39 AM

There are no words to describe how I feel. War is devistating for everyone. All I can do is pray that this will be over soon. I wish that everyone in US would see these pictures.

Edited by dianjan, 19 November 2004 - 09:40 AM.

#4 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

After all the lies, deceit and chicanery, I'm still surprised that there are actually people who support this war. Of course, most of the chicken hawks that support this war do so from the safe confines of their keyboards and homes. It's not like they are the actual ones fighting, and God forbid they are called to fight.

#5 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:49 PM

This war is waged to defamate and belittle Islam and it will go on in various forms until that goal is reached (in Iran as well). Islam must be defamated the same way the Christianity was (WWI and WWII) and any other major idea of humanity. The only valid idea left will be the present economic order of the world.

#6 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Nov 19 2004, 02:38 PM)
I'm still surprised that there are actually people who support this war.

After these elections I always recall the masses in Colosseum that vote for a gladiator to be killed and the Emperor can do nothing about it.

#7 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:11 PM

It would be an exaggeration to claim that the Anlgo-American establishment is bent on creating a war between 'civilizations' yet that is what it seems like.

#8 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:22 PM

Why is it an exageration Anonymouse?

#9 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Nov 19 2004, 02:38 PM)
After all the lies, deceit and chicanery, I'm still surprised that there are actually people who support this war.

You would too if you realize Sadam had been doing faaaaaar worse than what you see in those pictures for decades. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better, but in this case, I am fairly convinced they will get much better than they used to...

I am by no means defending Bush, nor his administration for going into Iraq and especially not the way they did it ... but I did and still do support the move into Iraq and the war. "The sanctions were working" my ass ...

#10 shiner

shiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Nov 19 2004, 09:11 PM)
It would be an exaggeration to claim that the Anlgo-American establishment is bent on creating a war between 'civilizations' yet that is what it seems like.

Are you sure it is not the other way around (the "Islamic civilization" bent on creating a war against the Western one)?

#11 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:18 PM

Are you sure it is not the other way around (the "Islamic civilization" bent on creating a war against the Western one)?

no, certain Islamists are bent on creating war, you know, the ones trained and financed by the CIA to fight the Soviets. Palestinians are (mostly) Muslims too, but you dont see them exploding themselves in the States, even though the US is Israels staunchest (only?) ally.

#12 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:33 PM

....I remember watching a doco on CIA involvement in Afghanistan a little while ago. Saw some footage of a CIA guy, dressed in Afghan clothes - hat and all - giving a little 'pep talk' (in English with a translator) to a bunch of mujahadeen leaders. Cant recall much of the content, only that God (Allah) was mentioned very frequently....you reap what you sow.

#13 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Nov 19 2004, 02:49 PM)
This war is waged to defamate and belittle Islam and it will go on in various forms until that goal is reached (in Iran as well). Islam must be defamated the same way the Christianity was (WWI and WWII) and any other major idea of humanity. The only valid idea left will be the present economic order of the world.

Defemate Islam? War of civilisations?

Why is it that same establishment supports Turkey's bid into the EU, arms and trains Albanian and Bosnian muslims in Europe, and provides indirect support for Chechens and Azeris?

#14 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (skhara @ Nov 19 2004, 09:19 PM)
Defemate Islam?  War of civilisations?

Why is it that same establishment supports Turkey's bid into the EU, arms and trains Albanian and Bosnian muslims in Europe, and provides indirect support for Chechens and Azeris?

Isen't it all defamation of Islam. A mutant "islamic" country Turkey enters into EU. Actually, by this they spoil both Turkey and EU. Isn't it defamation of Islam to train terrorists in Europe or the Chechens? Azerbaijan is not an Islamic country. It is a country with muslim majority. Actually, same goes for Turkey.

#15 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Nov 19 2004, 05:31 PM)
You would too if you realize Sadam had been doing faaaaaar worse than what you see in those pictures for decades.  Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better, but in this case, I am fairly convinced they will get much better than they used to...

I am by no means defending Bush, nor his administration for going into Iraq and especially not the way they did it ... but I did and still do support the move into Iraq and the war.  "The sanctions were working" my ass ...

Just what has Saddam done that is worse than what the U.S. has done historically? Are we also forgetting who supported Saddam into power? America. The same people who at one time supported Saddam are now against him as a 'tyrant'? Supporting a man like Saddam is a reflection of American 'values'. The thousands of children that died in Iraq monthly by American imposed U.N. sanctions which Madeline Albright thought was 'worth the price' and America's blind support of Israel is what has caused the Islamic world to come to hate America.

And are we forgetting the ever changing deceptions of the reasons America supposedly went to war? The lies and subterfuge are still prevalent. Reasons changed from spreading the pixie dust of Democracy, to the weapons of mass deception, and now to suppodly remove Saddam because some Kurds were being butchered? If America really cared for those Kurds, it would never have supported Saddam to begin with.

#16 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Nov 19 2004, 05:36 PM)

Do you also believe that the reason the 'terrorists hate us' is because of our 'freedom and democracy'?

#17 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:37 PM

http://www.inosmi.ru...008/214766.html

Here is a an article from Le Monde in Russian. It is by renowned French writer and a memebr of French Academy of Sciences Maurice Druon. He also mentions how and why was Iranian Shah toppled and a teocratic regime installed in Iran.

Edited by Armen, 19 November 2004 - 09:37 PM.

#18 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Nov 19 2004, 09:28 PM)
Just what has Saddam done that is worse than what the U.S. has done historically? Are we also forgetting who supported Saddam into power? America. The same people who at one time supported Saddam are now against him as a 'tyrant'? Supporting a man like Saddam is a reflection of American 'values'. The thousands of children that died in Iraq monthly by American imposed U.N. sanctions which Madeline Albright thought was 'worth the price' and America's blind support of Israel is what has caused the Islamic world to come to hate America.

And are we forgetting the ever changing deceptions of the reasons America supposedly went to war? The lies and subterfuge are still prevalent. Reasons changed from spreading the pixie dust of Democracy, to the weapons of mass deception, and now to suppodly remove Saddam because some Kurds were being butchered? If America really cared for those Kurds, it would never have supported Saddam to begin with.

As much as the anti US want to bitch and complain about US and how horrible it is, how sadam is no different than US, etc etc etc etc ... it does NOT change the fact that moving into Iraq and putting an end to the bull sh!t of Sadam was in fact the right thing.

#19 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Nov 19 2004, 09:38 PM)
As much as the anti US want to bitch and complain about US and how horrible it is, how sadam is no different than US, etc etc etc etc ... it does NOT change the fact that moving into Iraq and putting an end to the bull sh!t of Sadam was in fact the right thing.

Do you honestly think Bush went to Iraq out of his great heart? He doesn't care what happens to the people there. The only thing he ever cared about was how much oil they have and how he could take it like the big bully he is. Let me ask you and others who think the war was a good idea. Would you ever go and fight for this country if need to?

#20 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:15 PM

America is another Turkey that pretends to be above Turkey. Actually, it doesn't even pretend. It's best friends with Turkey...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users