• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:04 PM

Men prefer blondes as lovers and mistresses

A survey has revealed men really do prefer blondes - at least as lovers and mistresses - while women least fancy ginger men.

Until they were asked to 'pick' a wife, more of the men polled by Garnier opted for a woman with blonde hair.

Second favourites for having an affair with were redheads.

Men's preferences change, however, with talk of marriage, with brunette emerging as the favourite hair colour for a bride.

The poll also questioned women on what colour hair they most liked in a man, finding dark-haired men are the most popular and gingers the least. Just 2% of women said they liked ginger hair best.

Instead, 37% of women said they preferred brunette men, followed by light brown, 29%, then blonde, 16%. Black hair was not included in the list.

The "blonde bombshell" myth seemed to be confirmed among the men who were questioned. Around 26% of men thought blonde women made the best lovers, 22% thought ginger, 20% light brown hair, and 10% brunette. Black hair was not given as a choice in any of the questions.

For mistresses, 37% of men said their ideal would be blonde, followed by 22% redhead, 13% brunette, and 6% light brown hair. But asked who they would like to walk down the aisle, 30% of men said brunette, 27% light-brown, 15% blonde, and 7% ginger.

Blondes were seen as less likely to have a successful career or earn a fortune. Almost a third of men - 31% - thought brunettes would also earn most, with 26% saying blondes, 11% brown haired women, and 9% redheads.

A psychologist at Portsmouth University, said: "What's interesting about this study is that men are now showing an overall preference for brunettes, suggesting that this colour provides a safe haven for men looking for longer-term relationships or making the ultimate life commitment - marriage."
=====================

They must have surveyed mostly Armenian men. lol.gif

#2 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:54 PM

I love redheads. they are all nuts. Lots of fun.

#3 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:54 PM

Eve, no cheap shots abotu Armenian men. mad.gif mad.gif

#4 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Sep 2 2004, 07:54 PM)
Eve, no cheap shots abotu Armenian men.  mad.gif  mad.gif

Aaaaah, but it's fun. Besides, in this case the survey is very prevalent to the Armenian male population. Yes, I am generalizing and I don't care. Long live Stereotypes. By the way I really wonder if most women prefer dark men. Personally I prefer triangles instead, the hair goes after some time. I would like the women of this forum to state what hair color they prefer.

#5 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:37 PM

Gentlemen? eat.gif

#6 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:48 PM

Usually, I prefer attractive ladies!!! Blondes, Brunets, Redheads, Naked (oops sorry)! biggrin.gif

#7 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 2 2004, 06:33 PM)
I would like the women of this forum to state what hair color they prefer.

I prefer dark hair. Of course, overall, if the guy is attractive then hair color is not that important, but generally darker hair for me means more masculine. And if he has strong, long arms and big hands then wub.gif

#8 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Sep 2 2004, 11:37 PM)

Don’t worry I didn’t have you in mind when I typed “Gentlemen.”

#9 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Sep 3 2004, 12:09 AM)
I prefer dark hair. Of course, overall, if the guy is attractive then hair color is not that important, but generally darker hair for me means more masculine. And if he has strong, long arms and big hands then  wub.gif

Big strong arms is a biggie for me, especially if they are positioned on broad shoulders. Lately I have been very happy with the swimmer’s figure, as I’ve mentioned- triangular. But I guess it is generally true that women consider dark men more masculine.

#10 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (gamavor @ Sep 2 2004, 11:48 PM)
Usually, I prefer attractive ladies!!! Blondes, Brunets, Redheads, Naked (oops sorry)! biggrin.gif

Why am I not surprised at this answer? rolleyes.gif At least you are not discriminating, clothed or not clothed you respect them equally. tongue.gif

#11 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:24 AM

I dont think i have any one specific "ideal" preferance in this case, though i must say, that really bright blonde, almost white color is annoying, and anything out of the "natural" hair color array is also annoying, such as dark red, ;ligth pink.. wtf is that about???

anywho.. if girls preferred the triangle shape, strong arms and big hands.. i would be god to women wink.gif... lol.. no, all joke aside,, this description is really attractive? if so im set then.. haha.. cool.gif

Edited by gevo27, 03 September 2004 - 12:25 AM.

#12 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:41 AM

Eve, Anoushik,
when you ladies started talking about men with long strong arms, BIG feet, and triangular shape I immediately thought of Domino. Don’t know why...

(Fadiushka, that is 2 for you buddy. you owe me big time my friend)

#13 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 3 2004, 05:38 AM)
Why am I not surprised at this answer?  rolleyes.gif At least you are not discriminating, clothed or not clothed you respect them equally.  tongue.gif

Eve, your abstract thinking humbles me! rolleyes.gif Yes, I don't discriminate. Especially when I'm in a mood. biggrin.gif

#14 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ Sep 3 2004, 12:41 AM)
Eve, Anoushik,
when you ladies started talking about men with long strong arms, BIG feet, and triangular shape I immediately thought of Domino.  Don’t know why...
(Fadiushka, that is 2 for you buddy.  you owe me big time my friend)

I never asked you to lie for me. OOOPPPPSSS... laugh.gif

#15 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:19 AM

I don't really like girls who are too "light" or blonde. I prefer darker features, curly hair and nice eyebrows. I don't think blondes are ugly but they don't look right next to me and I'm not that much attracted to them. So some men may prefer blondes but not all. laugh.gif

#16 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 2 2004, 11:35 PM)
Don’t worry I didn’t have you in mind when I typed “Gentlemen.”

Wheeeeeeeeew ... you had me really worried there for a sec. rockon.gif

#17 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:57 AM

Now how the hell did I quote a post from another thread in here? Begorrah, I don't like this new setup.

#18 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Sep 3 2004, 08:57 AM)
Now how the hell did I quote a post from another thread in here? Begorrah, I don't like this new setup.

Just click on "Reply" Stomick

#19 shaunt

shaunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:26 PM

Fireheads come closest to the Platonic form of Beauty! Behold:

http://www.bwgreysca...11/adv_5399.jpg

#20 Emil

Emil

The Chosen One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:48 PM

My sister is a natural blonde with green eyes. She recently dyed her hair red, I call her Red Sonja now, she doesn't like her new name. biggrin.gif I shall have to convince her to change her hair color, red isn't doing it.

I think a girl with dark hair/light eyes is the ultimate combo, just something about it smile_love.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users