24 replies to this topic

#1 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:10 PM

sorry to say we need this type of thing, but I've done all the research I can on it, and tested it on my address, and cross referenced that with the local police website, and it's pretty accurate, at least here.

For anyone concerned.....

Go to this link and enter your street address. It will show a "house"
in the middle of the map. That's your house... all the little colored
boxes are registered Sex Offenders... click on them and you get a name,
address & picture of the person along with his crime. It shows you
where they live in proximity to your home and the local schools.

http://www.familywat...g.us/Search.asp

#2 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:02 AM

Is that website open to abuse?

#3 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:17 AM

I find it quite eerie - reminiscent of a 'big brother' type mentality, or worse, like the 'Scarlet Letter' they use to use before the industrial age - which denoted a woman who been 'unfaithful'. I'm not condoning or defending sexual predators in any way - but there's something that strikes me as a little bit strange about this.

#4 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:33 AM

what really freaked me out when the persons picture pops up! huh.gif

bottome line they are sickos and they deserve to be ostracized.

and when you have children you need all the tools you can get your hands on to keep them as safe as can be.

just thought of something...on a few I looked at it said they had abused someone under the age of 14...how do we know if lets say the man was 16 and the girl 14...that's WAYYYYYYYYY different then he was 40 and she was 14...

Edited by Maral, 02 March 2006 - 09:35 AM.

#5 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Mar 2 2006, 05:02 AM) View Post
Is that website open to abuse?

everything in this world is open to abuse,we do not live in a perfect world.

#6 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Maral @ Mar 2 2006, 10:33 AM) View Post
what really freaked me out when the persons picture pops up! huh.gif

and when you have children you need all the tools you can get your hands on to keep them as safe as can be.
just thought of something...on a few I looked at it said they had abused someone under the age of 14...how do we know if lets say the man was 16 and the girl 14...that's WAYYYYYYYYY different then he was 40 and she was 14...

Well the fact that only partial information is available makes it even more dubious. Yes, sex offenders deserve any/all the punishment they get. But if these guys have served their penance, and are 'reformed' these kinds of actions could provoke some negative in their psyche - is it really a tool for self protection? How are you going to protect your kids from them? Watch their everymovement? Will you move? I don't see how it helps Maral....

#7 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(vava @ Mar 2 2006, 12:03 PM) View Post
Well the fact that only partial information is available makes it even more dubious. Yes, sex offenders deserve any/all the punishment they get. But if these guys have served their penance, and are 'reformed' these kinds of actions could provoke some negative in their psyche - is it really a tool for self protection? How are you going to protect your kids from them? Watch their everymovement? Will you move? I don't see how it helps Maral....

If he lived next door yeah I just might move...you have no idea what something like this does to a child...how it will continue into their adult life,how many of these abused girls have to be in therapy...
I know what it does to ones life,and I will do whatever I have to to protect my children,my neighbors children from going through something like that....and sites like this,yes they do help us.

#8 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:42 AM

wow

we have 2 in our neighborhood - and guess what one of them is a 21 year old lady - i need to be careful wink.gif

MAral jan thank you for the link - i was never ewer of the existence of such web site

#9 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Mar 2 2006, 12:42 PM) View Post
wow

we have 2 in our neighborhood - and guess what one of them is a 21 year old lady - i need to be careful wink.gif

MAral jan thank you for the link - i was never ewer of the existence of such web site

I'll tell your wife to protect you from the 21 year old woman tongue.gif

#10 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

heyyyyyyyyy, how come there is a rainbow of colors on top of my house? dry.gif huh.gif

Check out Glendale, there are few Armenian men there as well. Some who have raped 14 year olds. sad.gif

#11 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

sorry double post.

By the way the above was a joke about the rainbow over my house

Edited by Azat, 02 March 2006 - 05:48 PM.

#12 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(Maral @ Mar 2 2006, 11:51 AM) View Post
I'll tell your wife to protect you from the 21 year old woman tongue.gif

Khentaser es inche smile.gif she wont let me walk the dog smile.gif as it is shies like "it took you 2 hours to walk the dog - wan i can do it in less then 10 minutes"

no jan@s chem aselu wink.gif

#13 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(Maral @ Mar 2 2006, 07:33 AM) View Post

Maral, I've known about such websites for some time now. The first time I heard about it I checked the site. At least 20 people have come up in the search around the area where I live, and also close to the high school I went to. I agree with you that those people deserve all the negative attention they can get.
QUOTE(Maral @ Mar 2 2006, 07:33 AM) View Post

Well, I don't think it counts if a guy is 16 and the girl 14 (let's just say). They are both minors and if both consented it's not rape. It's only rape when one is over 18 or 18.

#14 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(Maral @ Mar 2 2006, 03:35 PM) View Post
everything in this world is open to abuse,we do not live in a perfect world.

What I mean is, how verifiable is the accuracy of the information on the website? What if someone from Family Watch Dog LLC registers someone they don't like? Likely it will constitute breach of trust or abuse of authority within the organisation, but what about the damage done to the other person's image? Should people likewise be in favour of creating such a database for people who have done time for theft, or murder, or anything else like that? I'm not very sure, but I'm even more suspicious of such "powers" being afforded to a limited liability company.

#15 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Mar 3 2006, 03:59 AM) View Post
What I mean is, how verifiable is the accuracy of the information on the website? What if someone from Family Watch Dog LLC registers someone they don't like? Likely it will constitute breach of trust or abuse of authority within the organisation, but what about the damage done to the other person's image? Should people likewise be in favour of creating such a database for people who have done time for theft, or murder, or anything else like that? I'm not very sure, but I'm even more suspicious of such "powers" being afforded to a limited liability company.

the informataion can be checked against the police departments database.
that's a way to verify the information.
some states make this information public in the U.S. and some don't...soon I believe they will all have it available.

#16 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

Stormy, the sex offenders hav to register where they live and where they work. when they move or change jobs they get very short time to reregister. this is where the data is coming from.

#17 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:56 AM

I believe then that the information must remain with the police and it should be available upon application, not on the 'net where kids can access the information. Their protection is their parents' business and I don't think it's responsible to avail this information in this way.

#18 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:51 PM

Zero, no one within this gated community, nor within many miles from here. Unless you conservative Armenians want to consider me a "sex offender" since I have been with the son of a California State Supreme Court Justice and a son and heir to an American food fortune as well as the daughter of an American shoe fortune AND the daughter of the wealthiest Armenians in America.

Edited by phantom22, 21 December 2006 - 02:52 PM.

#19 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Dec 21 2006, 03:51 PM) View Post
Zero, no one within this gated community, nor within many miles from here. Unless you conservative Armenians want to consider me a "sex offender" since I have been with the son of a California State Supreme Court Justice and a son and heir to an American food fortune as well as the daughter of an American shoe fortune AND the daughter of the wealthiest Armenians in America.

Please take your medications.

#20 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:25 PM

Yervant,

I have taken NO medications for over 30 years, not even asprin.

Please don't push me to start revealing names.

You don't want a repeat of the Foley and Haggard fiascos within the Armenian hierarchy do you?

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Dec 21 2006, 03:02 PM) View Post
Please take your medications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users