• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Z'areh

Z'areh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:20 PM

It is time Armenians adopted a new flag that really reflects what Armenia has become.

....White/Blue/Red

with some orange in it.

Edited by Z'areh, 06 April 2006 - 08:23 PM.

#2 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(Z @ Apr 6 2006, 09:20 PM)  
It is time Armenians adopted a new flag that really reflects what Armenia has become.
....White/Blue/Red
with some orange in it.

I think Blue/White/Red is a better choice. Damn, it's already taken.

BTW, I never liked the Armenian flag. smile.gif

#3 Z'areh

Z'areh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(QueBeceR @ Apr 6 2006, 08:27 PM)  
I think Blue/White/Red is a better choice. Damn, it's already taken.

BTW, I never liked the Armenian flag. smile.gif

Q, didn't you hear? The pianos in Armenia's conservatories are being tuned, so they're handing over the Komitas conservatory to Russia to pay for services rendered.

Actually I like the colour coordination of the Armenian flag. They are very tasteful, add green to it and you'll be competing with Italian fashion giants. But that's too Islamic. So I'm quite content with the trecolour. Seriously!

Edited by Z'areh, 06 April 2006 - 08:51 PM.

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,739 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:56 PM

When your weak and small, that's the price you pay for protection. Just like the Mafia world we're surrounded by blood suckers who will yank you left and right.

The worst part is that you can't trust either side. They will use you abuse you and discard you as they please. My biggest concern is what will happen when we run out of things to give.

Edited by Yervant1, 06 April 2006 - 09:58 PM.

#5 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:37 AM

I liked the previous idea of the flag having an apricot colour, preferrably with Ararat in the middle smile.gif

#6 Verginne

Verginne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:57 PM

No need to change a thing about the current one.

#7 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(Z @ Apr 6 2006, 10:50 PM)  
Q, didn't you hear? The pianos in Armenia's conservatories are being tuned, so they're handing over the Komitas conservatory to Russia to pay for services rendered.
Actually I like the colour coordination of the Armenian flag. They are very tasteful, add green to it and you'll be competing with Italian fashion giants. But that's too Islamic. So I'm quite content with the trecolour. Seriously!

I thought I answered you, which obviously i did not. I did not knew about this information, but I did understood you meant to say that Armenia was becoming Russia and didn't understood what was your point and wy you were thinking this.

BTW, Armenia's flag may have good color matches, I still don't feel it's my flag, when I see it, I consider it to be a 'Tashnakist' representation of the Armenian nation.

#8 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,739 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(QueBeceR @ Apr 8 2006, 02:08 PM)  
BTW, Armenia's flag may have good color matches, I still don't feel it's my flag, when I see it, I consider it to be a 'Tashnakist' representation of the Armenian nation.

This is why the Armenian nation can't unite. It's only a flag and it's the only one we have now so stand behind it. If every party refused what the other had to offer nothing will be achieved and the nation will stand still. We should embrace good imputs from every party and refuse bad ones, rather than go with party lines and refuse good suggestions just because it's coming from the opposition.

BTW I like the tricolour it looks smart.

#9 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Apr 8 2006, 02:26 PM)  
This is why the Armenian nation can't unite. It's only a flag and it's the only one we have now so stand behind it. If every party refused what the other had to offer nothing will be achieved and the nation will stand still. We should embrace good imputs from every party and refuse bad ones, rather than go with party lines and refuse good suggestions just because it's coming from the opposition.

True, but feeling is your flag is a sentiment, while I may agree with you, trying to feel something that is just not there is difficult. When the only time you've seen the flag, you have seen it on the hand of stupid teenagers, you associate that flag unconsciently with this. I can try to feel something, it will be an intellectual trial, my feelings aren't there.

#10 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,739 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(QueBeceR @ Apr 8 2006, 02:32 PM)  
True, but feeling is your flag is a sentiment, while I may agree with you, trying to feel something that is just not there is difficult. When the only time you've seen the flag, you have seen it on the hand of stupid teenagers, you associate that flag unconsciently with this. I can try to feel something, it will be an intellectual trial, my feelings aren't there.

All I'm saying is you can make it your flag, you don't have to wrap yourself with it.
We were once stupid teenagers just like those kids, doing stupid things unless you matured up too fast for your own good. Just relax and enjoy the silly things in life it will prolong your life, who said that when we get older life should be serious at all times?
It's good to drop your guards sometimes and enjoy life in it's goofiness. tongue.gif

#11 Dave

Dave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:47 PM

I think that the flag looks fine. It was accepted back in the Cilician days, in 1918, in 1991, and in the recent referendum, so the tricolor should remain unchanged.

#12 Z'areh

Z'areh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 8 2006, 04:47 PM)  
I think that the flag looks fine. It was accepted back in the Cilician days, in 1918, in 1991, and in the recent referendum, so the tricolor should remain unchanged.

This Yerakouyn is our flag and I accept it with pride. The tricolour is neither a “tashnakist” flag (symbolically or otherwise) nor is it the problem, the governing of the nation bearing this flag is another issue.

I reject the notion being shoved down the throats of Armenians that unless we give everything to Russia (read:lower our pants) we will loose Karabakh and Turkey will attack and so on so forth.

People forget that we got to this point in history because of Russian policies towards Armenians in the first place. The issue here is not Turkish persecution of Armenians but Russian imperialism in the Caucasus. From the Tsarist to Lenin’s betrayal of Armenians fast forward to 1988 and you'd realize that a lot of damage would have been averted if the Kremlin had acted what we would have characterized as "proper" political behaviour towards an "ally". You would also realize that there is no such thing as “alliance”, it is simply a hegemony over a weak subject.

If we understand that realpolitik dictated that Armenians would have to "vacate" Shahumian, Getashen and Martunashen then why are we so obtuse and refuse to understand that the same realpolitik would prevent Armenian "ownership" of Karabakh in the eyes of today's Kremlin.

In 1988 Gorbachev was mentioning Karabakh with it's Armenian name Artsakh in his speeches (to pacify us)yet he was saying and I quote "Karabakh has been attached to Azerbaijan in thousand threads" and soon after Kremlin heavy weight Pugo ordered the emptying of the above mentioned Armenian regions with a lot of casualties. I remember quite vividly a Canadian reporter, from CTV news who happened to be there showing the poor people uprooted from their homelands and simply “dumped” (his words) inside the Armenian border.

Russia, who handed Karabakh and Nakhitchevan to the Azeris in the first place, we are told by our leadership that is crucial to our national security. From what we have experienced in the past Russia is part of the problem that threatens our national security. And handing over our industrial assets one after the other simply wets the appetite of our friroeidhfnd (traces of friend can be found in that word) that realizes that we should praise Russia for keeping a sinking friend alive by giving him a tube to breath instead of simply lifting him to safety.

Russophiles of our nation would call that a help, I call it pimping. Therefore the pimping of our flag to match what we have become would not be inappropriate.

Q, the Komitas conservatory example was just a joke, but the reality of losing all levers of sovereignty is unfortunately very real.

#13 Melikian

Melikian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Apr 8 2006, 02:26 PM)  

Yervant1

I agree the tri colror is fine, let the Armenians unite as one people, this has always been our problem, argue
amonst ourselves.

Unite Brothers and sisters of Armenia

Avak Melikian

#14 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Apr 8 2006, 06:26 PM)  

The flag is just fine.
There have been suggestions that a medallion be placed in the middle. Some have suggested a cross, others Ararat, we may even suggest that an outline of Historic Armenia, yet even as is it is just fine.
What we need is an educational campaign to recite the colors not Karmir, Kapuyt Narnjakagoogoogaga but Karmir Kapuyt Tsitrani, and in English either Red Blue Apricot, or Red Blue and Gold. The present generation may be beyond salvage but as it will rhyme with Tsapik tsapik tsirani, we start teaching our toddlers to recite;
Karmir kapuyt tsirani
Im droshn e yerani !
Voske tsiran nmani,
Dem mer erkni tsatsani!

However, that joke of an anthem got to go!

Edited by Arpa, 09 April 2006 - 01:29 PM.

#15 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,739 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Apr 9 2006, 02:45 PM)  
The flag is just fine.
There have been suggestions that a medallion be placed in the middle. Some have suggested a cross, others Ararat, we may even suggest that an outline of Historic Armenia, yet even as is it is just fine.
What we need is an educational campaign to recite the colors not Karmir, Kapuyt Narnjakagoogoogaga but Karmir Kapuyt Tsitrani, and in English either Red Blue Apricot, or Red Blue and Gold. The present generation may be beyond salvage but as it will rhyme with Tsapik tsapik tsirani, we start teaching our toddlers to recite;
Karmit kapuyt tsirani
Im droshn e yerani !
Voske tsiran nmani,
Dem mer erkni tsatsani!

However, that joke of an anthem got to go!

Arpa you are the prime minister get our Queen's approval and post it in Hyeforum News (you know the other post). biggrin.gif

#16 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

Did any of us compose words and or music for the new Anthem?
CONTEST FOR NATIONAL ANTHEM TO BE ANNOUNCED IN 20 DAYS

Panorama.am
18:07 04/05/06

By the decision of the Armenian Prime Minister Andranik Margaryan,
a contest committee is established for the selection of the text
and music of the national anthem of the Republic of Armenia, headed
by the Armenian Minister of Culture and Youth Affairs. A number of
prominent state and cultural figures are included in the committee.

According to government press services, the committee is assigned
to develop the standards for selection and the contest conditions
in 15-days time. It is also responsible to select the text and the
music in 2-months period.

The government decided today to set a prize of 700,000 dram for
the text and the music of the national anthem. 2 mln drams are
appropriated from the government reserve fund in order to ensure
information dissemination and other contest related issues, including
remuneration to the author of the anthem.

According to government press service, the decision was conditioned
by the changes made in the Armenian constitution.

#17 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,739 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

Arpa I have a four liner for you.

Azad angakh mer Hayrenik
Hazar apri mer Takouhin janik
Astvats bahi ir take siroun
Vor mez da ir khrade imasdoun