• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:16 AM

if your happy with your tax man, can you post contact info.
somewhere near glendale/la county

Edited by armjan, 29 March 2006 - 02:16 AM.

#2 Christina

Christina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:I love taking long walks at the beach, hiking, gym, salsa dancing... Enjoy working with numbers (my profession). Enjoy dancing, jogging

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (armjan @ Mar 29 2006, 02:16 AM)
if your happy with your tax man, can you post contact info.
somewhere near glendale/la county

Hello there,
the best way of filing your taxes is to do it on your own. You have several options: download the form from IRS, use their free software, or purchase Turbo Tax. I would highly recommend the Turbo Tax. I use it myself and i am very satisfied, i also file for my friends and family. This software guides you through all possible deductions that you may claim and it does all the calculations for you. However, if you are filing as corporation or partnership, then you might need professional help....

#3 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

Meh, there is that one commercial
Husband and wife conversation

"Whats wrong?"
"I'm stuck"
"Did you tell the box"
"I'm stuck"

I would much rather have someone else do my taxes then do them myself.

#4 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

People always complain that taxes are hard to do ... I have actually found them to be rather trivial to do in my case since I don't have any crazy investments, rental properties, or other weird things to worry about ... especially with turbo tax. One year I made the mistake of paying HR Block and oh my god what a waste that was. They charged me $180 and took 2 hours to do something I could have done myself in about 30 minutes and for faaaaaaaar less.

Of course it really depends on your situation ... if you have a lot of different investments, various capital gains and losses, your own business(es), rental and/or farm properties, or get income in various states with different laws, I can see how a pro expert can be very helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users