#1 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:32 AM

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone here can help, but I'm looking for a cost effective & scalable solution for distributing opt-in voice-mail based messages through a basic server/DB platform.

Essentially, I'm planning to feed a calling system from a DB on a web server. The software I'm considering to manage the call queue is Broadcast By Phone from Voicent (http://www.voicent.com/autodialers.php). If we use their voice-modem, which on the most part works well, there's an issue with detecting what happens on the other end of the line to correctly time the message... pick up, voice mail, busy, etc.

The one modem I have found has an Agere chip set and correctly performs the detects operation, is no longer available - and I cannot find any other similar modems. So even if I use the said modem we will be out of luck if we eventually need to upgrade the system.

I'm also looking into alternative solutions with telephony modems but the cards are much more expensive and would require a T1 to work. Again, more $$$.

The system is currently set to run on a Windows server but could be changed to a LINUX server. We are also willing to entertain any possibility, whether hardware or software. We need to send out a few thousand (volume to be determined) voice messages within a two week period at 12 hours a day. We also need reporting capabilities for completed and uncompleted calls with a follow up call cue.

Any input or suggestions wwould be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users