2 replies to this topic

#1 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:43 PM

i ordered this book couple of days ago and i don't have a hope that i'll get by this weeks end. i'm about to go into panic mode. (mostly because i made a promise to study to this really cute teacher, in exchange for adding me in already extremely crowded class)
Anyway, the problem is i have a test next week. So i need to study at least the first couple of chapters.

If anyone has this book, plz lemme know if you can send me scanned pages of the first couple of chapters by friday or saturday, so i can start studying.

This is very urgent.

thanks in advance

Edited by hytga, 28 September 2005 - 11:46 PM.

#2 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:01 AM

I just looked up the table of contents here.

I've got tons of books on combinatorial problems and sets and relations etc. But I don't have that specific book. Have you had an algorithms course before? If so, chapter 1 should be fairly trivial. If not, then I would definitely recommend reading up on "matching" and the "Kanpsack" examples they put in there.

As far as chapter 2, ANY book with an intro on sets and set relations should do the trick ... so just go to either the library or the book store and look at any discrete math book if you can't get your hands on this specific book.

#3 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:12 AM

ah, the library. I wonder why i haven't thought of that.
I'll try to study as much as i can there, and I'll see if they'll let me xerox the rest of the first couple of chapters.

I'll see how far i can get with the library, and if the book is delieverd by the weeks end.
Should i not be able to catch up, i'll post it and perhaps we can do something then.

thank you very large

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users