#21 Twilight Bark

Twilight Bark

Resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Maral @ Feb 17 2004, 11:30 AM)
I don't think most women are attracted to jerks...I think most women,maybe all,are attracted to confident men.And in some men the two are inseparable.
What do you think?

As I said, the jerk could be goofy or "cool". The latter is basically another way of saying "confident". I agree that the underlying image of (real or fake) confidence is a big part of the attraction. However, the "aggressive" part has its own independent contribution, based on evolutionary pressures, as I indicated before. The same evolutionary pressures can result in more than one "solution", and the degree and kind of evolutionary pressure can vary from place to place, hence the variety of "tastes". No need to overdo this analysis. I just wanted to state that many apparently curious human behaviors can be explained in terms of evolutionary processes.

#22 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 17 2004, 08:51 PM)
Here's my current theory on the subject ...

A man wants what a man wants.
A woman wants what other women want.

So how does this play out in the context of the desirable "jerk"? Well, if he is behaving like a jerk towards a woman, then he must not be interested in that woman as he can probably get other women. And thus, as you see, the theory starts to work beautifully as now the woman gets infinitely fascinated by this subject who is most likely desired by other females. Otherwise, why on earth would he pass up such an opportunity and why isn't he being nice?  blink.gif  smile.gif

Sweetie, are you describing yourself?

I do think there's some truth in that, as well as in what Maral said. We want the best in the pack and we will fight to get it. But once the best in a pack is occupied, we will move on and look for a better one. I don't think we will ever stop looking for a better model even if we have already found the best. We only have a few eggs, after all smile.gif

QUOTE (TB)
I should have said "Hey Arnold!".  It's a kid's show, and the title character is a very nice kid who somehow manages to be "cool" at the same time.

Thanks! I guess that boils down to what Maral is saying about confidence.

#23 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:01 PM

I hope for my sake he isn't a jerk - I swear, he is a cross of two guys I find attractive, the fertilization of a sperm with a sperm:

Attached Files

#24 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:03 PM

wub.gif

Attached Files

• Attached File  BIG5.jpg   27.17KB   2 downloads

#25 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:01 PM

hmmm id begg to differ...lol

#26 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:39 PM

Saw a cartoon strip recently. Two dejected (and rejected) looking men walking down a city street. The first says to the other "My theory is that all women want to be taken by the scruff of the neck and ravished ... in an animalistic sort of way by some roughneck type of guy with greasy black hair, shifty eyes ... and impeccable personal hygiene."

Steve

#27 bellthecat

bellthecat

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:45 PM

Stormy ... haven't a clue who those two individuals actually are ... but based on looks alone I'd advise that guy 1 would probably be more interested in shagging guy 2 than you, and guy 2 would probably be more interested in shagging sheep than you.

#28 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:54 PM

Basically women prefer assholes. I guess since the theory meets the evidence, we can now go from calling it a theory, to a law. The Law of Women Like Assholes.

I like that. Nice ring to it. I feel so scientifically accomplished today.

#29 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (bellthecat @ Feb 18 2004, 01:45 AM)
Stormy ... haven't a clue who those two individuals actually are ... but based on looks alone I'd advise that guy 1 would probably be more interested in shagging guy 2 than you, and guy 2 would probably be more interested in shagging sheep than you.

Well put my man.

The pubic hair on his head doesn't really add to the look either biggrin.gif

Edited by gurgen, 18 February 2004 - 09:48 AM.

#30 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (bellthecat @ Feb 17 2004, 06:45 PM)
and guy 2 would probably be more interested in shagging sheep than you.

Well Steve-bellcat, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard you say. Meesht shat lurg ek duk... tongue.gif

punk.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif naughty.gif

#31 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Feb 18 2004, 02:54 AM)
Basically women prefer assholes.

Your law shattered, Annamus smile.gif

Storms, is that that guy from Coupling? He looks mighty familiar...

#32 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (nairi @ Feb 18 2004, 04:10 PM)

Yes, and also from the series, Lorna Doone - or adapted, based on the novel, whatever the name of the series was - name's Richard Coyle. I can't say I like him in Coupling, such a jerk. smile.gif
Anyway, I still have the original two to admire. biggrin.gif

#33 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (nairi @ Feb 18 2004, 10:10 AM)

Annamus. *sigh* I kinda like that too! That's a nice name for my new scientific self.

Kind of a "mad doctor" ring to it.

Well, now that the issue is settled I guess all that there's left to do is post periods.

#34 bellthecat

bellthecat

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (nairi @ Feb 18 2004, 04:10 PM)

So you watch "Coupling" nairi and Stormy? smile.gif - a great comedy - always very funny! But will probably be cut to bits and ruined in the American remake.

I actually thought it was him, but didn't know he had been in anything else other than that series, (and the pubic-hairstyle is worse than normal in that photo!).

#35 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:13 PM

He's the one who recited "When We Two Parted" in the Byron documentary smile.gif

I don't think he's a jerk in Coupling. He's just an honest loser smile.gif The typical guy who gets everything wrong at the worse time. True, sometimes that makes him look like a jerk, but he doesn't mean it bad.

#36 bellthecat

bellthecat

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (nairi @ Feb 18 2004, 09:13 PM)
He's the one who recited "When We Two Parted" in the Byron documentary smile.gif

I don't think he's a jerk in Coupling. He's just an honest loser smile.gif The typical guy who gets everything wrong at the worse time. True, sometimes that makes him look like a jerk, but he doesn't mean it bad.

That's the trouble with the BBC, it is so insular. You get the same actors appearing in too many programs - and they are so scared of their "big names" working for someone else that they pay them vast amounts of money to work only for them - and then force them to appear in lots of completely inapropriate programs - like having an impressionist (comic not painter!) present a wildlife program, or having a soap-opera type actor appear in a historical period drama.

Hey - he wasn't a loser in the episode that was on a few nights ago - inspite of striping naked in front of the entire office (and his mother!) he still got the girl in the end!

#37 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (bellthecat @ Feb 18 2004, 10:43 PM)
That's the trouble with the BBC, it is so insular. You get the same actors appearing in too many programs - and they are so scared of their "big names" working for someone else that they pay them vast amounts of money to work only for them - and then force them to appear in lots of completely inapropriate programs - like having an impressionist (comic not painter!) present a wildlife program, or having a soap-opera type actor appear in a historical period drama.

I have noticed that...

Hey - he wasn't a loser in the episode that was on a few nights ago - inspite of striping naked in front of the entire office (and his mother!) he still got the girl in the end!

No one said losers don't get laid smile.gif He's cute though. He has his ways smile.gif

#38 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 18 February 2004 - 05:45 PM

hmmm people i feel like a stone age- ice age old fossilzed piece of something-- im so clueless to what you guys are talking about--is this a tv show? well if so--im such a looser--havent watched tv for ages...sad...but hey its a good sign right? that im not really bored or have time to waste...lol anyway-if i did have time 4 tv id prolly be watching cartoon network hehe--maybe family guy and some simpsons!! btw cool-sorry i took it off topic here--I promise--no more!

#39 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (bellthecat @ Feb 18 2004, 08:57 PM)
So you watch "Coupling" nairi and Stormy? smile.gif

Yes, in fact, I have to remind Nairi to pass me crisps and she has to remind me to not leave crumbs in the sheets.
I liked yesterday's episode - the one where they rewind and he talks to the Israeli girl in something that sounds like a cross between Italian and Romanian would be my guess. My favourite character there is the blonde chick - was her name Susan? She looks much like an old friend of mine from my teen years.
I saw him play in another - as the brother of some businessman or something - and they were trying to reconnect (or not) with their long-lost sister. Can't remember where now.
OK, Nairi, not jerk, but loser, as best fits in Coupling - but, yuck. He is such eye-candy, two-in-one, deserves so much better. wub.gif

#40 TP7811

TP7811

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:31 PM

WOMEN LOVE GOOD LOOKING GUYS WITH LOTS OF MONEY AND IF YOU DONT HAVE THAT UM IT HELPS TO BE WELL HUNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users